Lucy Pinder Photo Gallery Lucy Pinder Videos Index Lucy Pinder Television Website on Facebook LucyPinderNews and LPinderOfficial twitter feeds
Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index Facebook button Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum
Lucy Pinder - Pictures, News, Videos - The One-Stop Shop

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister (Problems? See here)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Twitter button Lucy Pinder Videos Index

Lucy in Zoo Mag this week.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paulb11

Contributions: 140

Lucy in Zoo Mag this week.Posted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:38 am    Subject: Lucy in Zoo Mag this week. Reply with quote

Just for the record, Lucy was in ZOO this week! Their news page featured the energy saving trust pic below.

Haven't scanned it as ZOO seem to be hot on their pics appearing on the web at the moment, and this one is the HQ anyways.

Strange that Nuts failed to even pick up the story, nor print The Truth about Women again this week, and ZOO who hardly mention Lucy have this!

Pigeon
Site Admin

Contributions: 6640

Lucy in Zoo Mag this week.Posted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:12 pm    Subject: Lucy in Zoo Mag this week. Reply with quote

Aaaaarrrggghhh BangHead now I feel really stoopid.

I "checked out" Zoo at the same time as I checked out Nuts on Tuesday... Well. I checked out Nuts by being cheeky, standing by the magazine rack in Sainsbury's vgrepping every page for Lucy. But my "checking out" of Zoo was limited to lifting it out from behind the silly blue plastic board thing Sainsbury's use to hide Nuts and Zoo to see if Lucy was on the cover - which she wasn't. I didn't look inside Wry

Cheers for the heads-up paulb, I was planning to go to Sainsbury's later anyway and now it looks like I'll be spending a little more than I otherwise would have done Big Smile

paulb11 wrote:
Strange that Nuts failed to even pick up the story, nor print The Truth about Women again this week, and ZOO who hardly mention Lucy have this!

Strange indeed. Not too unexpected that Zoo picked up on it - it has after all been appearing in practically everything... but that does make it all the more odd that Nuts didn't get it at all. Mind you they don't give me the impression of being all that up to the minute. Perhaps it missed a cut-off date and they'll mention it in a later issue?
Pigeon
Site Admin

Lucy in Zoo Mag this week.Posted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:51 pm    Subject: Lucy in Zoo Mag this week. Reply with quote

Well indeed one pic we do have. I'd have no problem with scanning it whatever Zoo's policy, it's not their pic to begin with... but having the original kindly provided makes it unnecessary Thumb Up! Nothing else of Lucy though apart from the usual mobile phone video ad pic with Lindsey that we've seen fifty times in Nuts.

They definitely missed a trick, though, in not putting the pic of Lucy - or more from the shoot - as an accompaniment to the article on page 36. Forget the rubbish about the nonexistent effect of human activities on global warming, there's the real reason for conserving energy - our dependence for supplies on dwindling reserves owned by less than completely friendly regimes. The sooner we move to high-burnup breeding cycles - supplied from Canadian or Australian mines - the better.
Dib

Contributions: 276

Lucy in Zoo Mag this week.Posted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:48 pm    Subject: Lucy in Zoo Mag this week. Reply with quote

Has zoo magazine a policy about don't scan they photos?

That's lame.
Pigeon
Site Admin

Lucy in Zoo Mag this week.Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:08 am    Subject: Lucy in Zoo Mag this week. Reply with quote

So paulb says... we need his answer on how long they've been like that; I tend to ignore Zoo 99% of the time because they don't feature Lucy apart from rare and notable events like this one.

Nuts is most definitely the market leader in the UK, and given that the content of Nuts and Zoo is identical apart from Lucy, such that you can only tell them apart if you see the title on the cover, I think it undeniable that Zoo owes its losing position to not featuring Lucy, as much as Nuts has succeeded because it does feature her.

However, they certainly won't be helping their position if they try and have a go at people for posting Zoo scans on the internet. Losing all that free advertising...

Funny to think that if we go back a few years we find these...

lucy-pinder-michelle-marsh-zoo-spacehoppers-ad.mpeg 2.4MB

lucy-pinder-michelle-marsh-zoo-spacehoppers-ad.2.avi 1MB

Clicky piccy:

Supra Edd

Contributions: 98

Lucy in Zoo Mag this week.Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:56 am    Subject: Lucy in Zoo Mag this week. Reply with quote

one of the best adverts ever Smile lol
paulb11

Lucy in Zoo Mag this week.Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:02 am    Subject: Lucy in Zoo Mag this week. Reply with quote

About Oct last year I think Zoo got a bit funny with a few forums that were using their pics. Hence you will notice a distinct lack of Zoo scans appearing on the web now. Whether or not they would pick up any posts here dunno, depends on their bot searches and physical checks, as well as whether the pics go from here to other blogs etc. Moot point anyways cos they don't have much to do with Lucy the fools.

I actually think that Nuts and the Star are very clever by letting their pics get scanned and posted. A lot of people see them and think, oh I might just buy that then.

That looks like the controversial nipplegate pic with Michelle. I remember the hoo ha when that was first published!

You must have the HQ bits form the space hoppers vid and the other advert both which featured in the 'Nuts vs Zoo' Documentary.

I have them somehwere and can dig them out if you want.
Pigeon
Site Admin

Lucy in Zoo Mag this week.Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:47 pm    Subject: Lucy in Zoo Mag this week. Reply with quote

I think you're quite right about the Nuts/Star policy. All the people posting and distributing scans are a massive source of free advertising for them. Much the same with all the hoo-hah over downloading music.

Where you have a product which can be trivially and effortlessly duplicated by anyone who gets hold of it then you need to have a good think about exactly how you can best make money out of it. Neither the conventions nor the legislation have yet adapted themselves to the advent of computer technology which makes such duplication so easy. But keeping control of the duplication yourself is no longer possible, and trying to fight that situation is inevitably going to be a losing battle. So it makes sense to shift your focus on extracting money from those parts of the operation which can not be trivially performed by some random dude with a computer.

Hence we see the open-source software movement and the like. For example, when someone wants me to write them some software, or design them some gadget, then what they are paying me for is my time and effort in doing it. They're not paying for the software or the design. That remains mine, but they get to use it for free. What they are paying for is, basically, the fact that it now exists for them to use where it didn't exist before. Anyone else who happens across it and wants to use it also gets to use it, but they get it for free - they're not paying for it because they're not the ones who wanted to make it happen in the first place. The bit that involves payment is the creation, not what is created.

The modelling industry, it seems to me, is a prime candidate for evolution along these lines. I haven't completely formulated a concept of "open-source modelling" yet, but my initial vague thoughts are essentially that it wouldn't require much change in the way Lucy herself conducts her business, at least. The photographers and magazines would need to change more, but as you point out, those such as Nuts are already tacitly thinking along similar lines with their disinclination to try and sit on people who distribute scans. The printed media are a bit less flexible than the software industry, but I think we probably will see some changes in this direction as more and more stuff gets to be published entirely electronically.

...WRT Nuts vs Zoo, I found that a while back but I never managed to download it... I can't remember why, I think it was a case of all the links turning out to be broken or something. If you have a copy it would indeed be appreciated Thumb Up!
paulb11

Lucy in Zoo Mag this week.Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:02 pm    Subject: Lucy in Zoo Mag this week. Reply with quote

Yeah, I have always thought the Sun and NOTW shoot themselves in the foot with the no scanning rules they try to enforce. Don't think they are likely to change their minds anytime soon unfortunately.

The links to the files.

Reasonable quality. I have raw files somewhere, but they are a LOT bigger.

http://rapidshare.com/files/74410661/intro.avi.html
1mb

http://rapidshare.com/files/74412413/BvsB.avi.html
6mb

http://rapidshare.com/files/74414511/masterclass.avi.html
5mb

http://rapidshare.com/files/74413387/bouncy.avi.html
6mb

http://rapidshare.com/files/74414910/lucyphotoshoot.avi.html
7mb

http://rapidshare.com/files/74415358/toplessphotoshort.avi.html
10mb
Pigeon
Site Admin

Lucy in Zoo Mag this week.Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:05 pm    Subject: Lucy in Zoo Mag this week. Reply with quote

Cheers Thumb Up! downloading now...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder All times are GMT

Jump to: