Lucy Pinder Photo Gallery Lucy Pinder Videos Index Lucy Pinder Television Website on Facebook LucyPinderNews and LPinderOfficial twitter feeds
Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index Facebook button Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum
Lucy Pinder - Pictures, News, Videos - The One-Stop Shop

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister (Problems? See here)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Twitter button Lucy Pinder Videos Index

Lucy in "NEW" magazine 13-19/01/2009

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pigeon
Site Admin

Contributions: 6645

Lucy in "NEW" magazine 13-19/01/2009Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:14 am    Subject: Lucy in "NEW" magazine 13-19/01/2009 Reply with quote

That's not "a new magazine"... it's "a magazine called NEW". One of these confusing titles invented by marketroids who think it's great to confuse people. Although, in terms of appearances by Lucy, it is indeed a new magazine, I certainly don't remember her being in it before. It's a kind of stunted version of OK magazine, same kind of content but your arm doesn't fall off carrying it home (look, Lucy's been in OK twice, so I've got an excuse for knowing that Big Grin )

The article is... pretty good. Considering the sort of magazine it's in and the fact that the premise of the issue is "fights between celebrities" it doesn't go anything like as far as it might in twisting Lucy's words to make out there has been a fight between her and Jordan. For that is what it is about - Jordan's childish spoilt-brat rant at Lucy over nothing and Lucy's calm and dignified response.

In her pre-BB interview Lucy made an off-the-cuff remark about how she didn't follow the stereotype of glamour models and wasn't an orange Jordan type. Well, fair enough. We all know what she means because Jordan has made such a thing of deliberately being like that to keep her name in the papers - it's the same sort of thing as me expressing my antipathy to taking pills and powders by saying I'm not a Pete Doherty type. Make your name by endlessly promoting a certain image, and people will naturally use that image as a point of comparison, as casually as they call a vacuum cleaner a Hoover... what else can you expect?

Jordan obviously is too thick to see this and decided to take Lucy's remark as a personal attack, which it was nothing of the sort. I'm not going to repeat the outrageously hypocritical school-playground-style rant which Jordan came out with in the Star... if you haven't seen it, you're not missing anything... think Violet Elizabeth Bott with plastic boobs. The Jordan content of this article is essentially a reprint of that.

Lucy, of course, never meant any harm and was never after a fight. On being told of Jordan's rubbish on her exit from BB she responded, despite being knackered and wanting to go home, with her usual quiet dignity. She made it clear that she wasn't going to be drawn in and the whole thing is beneath her... which it is. Here is the press conference from which the Lucy quotes are taken. As you can see they have followed Lucy's real words without too much distortion, and although the article is worded to indicate a fight it hasn't obscured the obvious point in Lucy's words that she just isn't interested in having a fight.

So despite the premise of the issue Lucy nevertheless comes over pretty well. Of course, with her own words largely undistorted, she would do Big Grin

What else is in it... Well, they have mentioned Lucy's publishing contract Big Grin

And they have a big yellow splodge of "Career Highlights" which mentions Lucy's work on Hotel Babylon, Nuts TV, and MTV/TMF as well as Dream Team Big Grin

Makes me kinda glad to have written about those things... Wink

Some pics... to follow.
Dib

Contributions: 276

Lucy in "NEW" magazine 13-19/01/2009Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:09 am    Subject: Lucy in "NEW" magazine 13-19/01/2009 Reply with quote

I hope is better than DailyStar... even if it's a newspaper... you know what I mean.
Pigeon
Site Admin

Lucy in "NEW" magazine 13-19/01/2009Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:34 am    Subject: Lucy in "NEW" magazine 13-19/01/2009 Reply with quote

It's the same media group... Daily Star, "New" and indeed "OK" magazine are all part of the Express group. It's the sort of magazine I usually cringe away from... gossip mag... but despite the article being less pro-Lucy than the articles on the same subject in the Star lately, it's not too bad.
Pigeon
Site Admin

Lucy in "NEW" magazine 13-19/01/2009Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:31 pm    Subject: Lucy in "NEW" magazine 13-19/01/2009 Reply with quote

...and here we have the pics Big Smile

Sorry they're a bit manky. The print quality of the mag is not exactly of the highest. When you get manky pics like this there's a bit of a choice between leaving them as they are, or trying to clean them up which makes them look plastic... Pics scanned from a newspaper it's a straightforward choice, leave them as they are and they look like a picture of a coal miner, so "plastic" is still an improvement. These are somewhat better than a newspaper to begin with, though, so they're probably better off left as they are... and "plastic" would be highly inappropriate for the feature anyway Wink

Clicky piccies:

Where on earth did they dig this up from, they must have searched for ages and I'm not sure it was effort well spent really...

This one took them less effort, we've all seen it before... but even the minimal effort for this one again wasn't worth it... if they wanted a pic of Lucy and Jordan there are far better ones, both modelling and not...

"Our expert" is a little misleading... Lucy hasn't had "work" done on her teeth. She's just had them whitened, and I don't count that as "work"... even I have done that, only difference is it didn't work on me and it did on Lucy Smile

The pics have been chosen to grossly exaggerate the effect of the work on Lucy's lips as well, she's got a different expression in the two pics anyway so it's not much of a comparison... Lucy used to have a little sort of twist in her top lip, and she has had that straightened - ages ago it was now. It's a very subtle effect, she's had essentially the bare minimum done to straighten it and even then you can still see it in some pictures, depending on her expression... facial anatomy being what it is, you can't completely straighten something like that just by working on the lips, to remove it completely would require much more major work.

Here is the text of the article:

So there you go... Basically, ignore the editorial and just read the quotes. Lucy at least has been more or less accurately quoted, so I guess it's likely the others have been too... and we've seen Jordan's stuff before in the Star. Rubbish it is she talks... Evil cow for having a pop at Lucy's weight. Nothing wrong with Lucy at all, pics which haven't been photoshopped in that way are a rare treasure Smile

Shared love of catfights... er, no, Lucy is above that sort of thing... and she said so, too.

As I say... not too bad all things considered. Lucy comes over with her usual calm dignity while Jordan looks like a spoilt brat. So it's pretty accurate.

Last edited by Pigeon on Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Dib

Contributions: 276

Lucy in "NEW" magazine 13-19/01/2009Posted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:32 am    Subject: Lucy in "NEW" magazine 13-19/01/2009 Reply with quote

I think they call work what we call "the pass of time". Grandad Big Laugh
Pigeon
Site Admin

Lucy in "NEW" magazine 13-19/01/2009Posted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:25 pm    Subject: Lucy in "NEW" magazine 13-19/01/2009 Reply with quote

Quite, the major differences between those before and after pics are nothing to do with any artificial process. And even a pair of pics spaced much closer in time around when Lucy had her lip done you'd still be pushed to really tell the difference, it's very subtle and like I say it doesn't always show.

...Anyway today we have an article on the Star's website which could equally well go in the Star thread or in this one; decided to put it here to keep all the Jordan cack in one place...

Well... "all the Jordan cack"... most of the Jordan cack I haven't bothered reporting at all, simply because it is cack. But this article isn't about the silly plastic cow's childish rantings, it's positive about Lucy and it's something I've been saying for a while too:

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/posts/view/67296/Lucy-is-too-skinny-says-Nicola/
Star website wrote:
LUCY IS TOO SKINNY SAYS NICOLA

By Guest-editor Nicola McLean

NICOLA has leapt to pal Lucy Pinder's defence in her war with Kate Price.

She blasts Kate - pictured with Lucy when they were still good mates - as irresponsible for branding [Lucy] as overweight.

Says Nicola: "The average size for women is 14.

"Lucy is underweight and Kate is really encouraging girls to be unhealthily skinny."

And she's right Wry I have been worried about Lucy's weight loss for some time, she has lost a fair bit in recent months... I am currently looking at two pictures, one from 2007 and one from 2008, both unphotoshopped, and Lucy definitely looks more gaunt in the later one. It's a shame... Lucy had no need whatsoever to lose weight, she was spot on as she was, and moreover it's coming off her boobs and we're getting people posting comments about "Lucy's boobs are shrinking oh no" even though the difference in size is really pretty minor.

It's worrying for other reasons as well... Lucy's modesty is one of her most lovely aspects but she does unfortunately take it too far and doesn't have enough confidence in her own assets, both mental and physical... she has, well perhaps "worries" is too strong a word... about things where she has absolutely no cause to worry Wry And then I watch the Leanna episode of "Make Me A Glamour Model" (see FQ rapidshare download 145MB or youtube version) and note the equally unjustified comments of a certain member of the panel on Leanna's weight and it gives rise to disturbing thoughts, the idea of someone playing on Lucy's insecurities to her detriment is the sort of thing that tends to make me explode. Like the dearth of appearances in Nuts this year and the whole BB episode, it's yet another thing that makes me think "the sooner Lucy switches to a more responsible management agency the better".

...Anyway we do get this pic with the article... er... just put a postcard over the right hand half of it, OK? Wink (Or you could just rely on your visual cortex shutting down and refusing to process the right hand side of the image, like mine does Smile )

Pigeon
Site Admin

Lucy in "NEW" magazine 13-19/01/2009Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:59 pm    Subject: Lucy in "NEW" magazine 13-19/01/2009 Reply with quote

Hey this is cool... Malene Espensen has been defending Lucy on the diary page of her website Thumb Up!

Malene Espensen wrote:

So there has been a feud going on between Jordan (Katie Price) and Lucy Pinder. A bit of 'she said' back and forth....
I don't personally know Jordan but I know Lucy and I was appaled when I read in OK Magazine what Jordan was saying about Lucy and I felt like I had to defend her...

Please read below the disgusting things she said abut Lucy:

Seriusly WTF?????? There is nothing fake about Lucy what so ever and probably what happened is that jealousy kicked in when she saw how naturally beautiful Lucy looked on Celebrity BB. I can vouch that everything on Lucy is real, her boobs, teeth and her hair by the way, does not hold a single hair extension unlike Jordan who in my eyes have started to look so unreal...

And as for calling her overweight...what an awful thing to say. Isn't she suppose to be a role model for young women or something like that??? If Lucy is classed as 'overweight' this country has no hope...

This is not the first time Jordan has said really awful things about people I care about and I hope for her sake she opens her eyes because one day she will wake up with no 'REAL' friends in her life.....

Kindest
Malene
xxx

Clap Clap Clap Rock on Malene Clap

WTF does Jordan think she's on saying it'd be nice if Lucy thanked her??? Confused Lucy doesn't owe Jordan a blind thing - except the slap in the face which she's too well-bred and dignified to deliver.

Lucy has class, intelligence, calm and beauty, all the things which Jordan will never have... Whereas Jordan is unquestionably a vile skanky cow, Jordan donates dirty bikini knickers to charity auctions Yuck - No, I'm not making this up. Here are a couple of threads from the off-topic section of a motoring forum; have a look at the posts from Soovy/Vesuvius 996 gloating about finding pubes in Jordan's knickers:

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&t=505974&i=20

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&t=636570&i=0

I think that alone proves beyond all doubt that Jordan is right down at the bottom of all the good scales that Lucy is right at the top of...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder All times are GMT

Jump to: