Lucy Pinder Photo Gallery Lucy Pinder Videos Index Lucy Pinder Television Website on Facebook LucyPinderNews and LPinderOfficial twitter feeds
Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index Facebook button Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum
Lucy Pinder - Pictures, News, Videos - The One-Stop Shop

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister (Problems? See here)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Twitter button Lucy Pinder Videos Index

Lucy, Emma, Melissa at Gallery Club Maidstone 21-09-2013
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pigeon
Site Admin

Contributions: 6645

Lucy, Emma, Melissa at Gallery Club Maidstone 21-09-2013Posted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:15 pm    Subject: Lucy, Emma, Melissa at Gallery Club Maidstone 21-09-2013 Reply with quote

Edit: We now have quite a lot of pics from this event so I have split the posts into this new thread Smile

Pigeon wrote:
[Lucy is at] Gallery Club, Maidstone, tonight, with Emma Glover and Melissa Debling. Has been announced for some time that Emma and Melissa would be there but they have kept it dark about Lucy until today, which seems an utterly pointless way of doing things.

First two pics have emerged. It has been common knowledge for several days that Emma and Melissa would be there, but not Lucy. Now we can see from the notice in the first pic that Lucy's appearance was the prime point of it. So we can't put down the lack of notice of her presence to her being a last minute addition; she was supposed to be part of it all along, but someone has been playing SBs and suppressing the information. For which they deserve a kick in the guts.

Last edited by Pigeon on Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:30 am; edited 1 time in total
adammanu11

Contributions: 50

Lucy, Emma, Melissa at Gallery Club Maidstone 21-09-2013Posted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:52 pm    Subject: Lucy, Emma, Melissa at Gallery Club Maidstone 21-09-2013 Reply with quote

if shes a director at girl management then surely she books her own work now ?
Pigeon
Site Admin

Lucy, Emma, Melissa at Gallery Club Maidstone 21-09-2013Posted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:14 am    Subject: Lucy, Emma, Melissa at Gallery Club Maidstone 21-09-2013 Reply with quote

She's not a director. She's a "creative director", which is one of these meaningless titles that are invented to make a job sound like more than it is, like calling a dustman a waste management operator. In theory she's supposed to "represent GM in the press/media", but she doesn't. (If she did there would have been instances of it to report on here, which there haven't.) Similarly there has been no change in the amount of work she gets - there's been two years to observe any such change occurring, but there has been no change to observe. Essentially she's in exactly the same position as before except with a chain round her ankle to stop her leaving for some other agency that'll do a better job for her.

I'm not quite sure what your point is, though - This PA isn't a spur-of-the-moment thing, it's part of a series organised between Gallery Club and GM. Last week it was Melissa and Danica Thrall. This week it's Melissa, Emma and Lucy - only the information that Lucy was going to be there was suppressed, despite the thing having been thoroughly planned and Emma and Melissa's appearances being publicised. My point wasn't about Lucy being booked or not, it's about Lucy being booked and then the public deliberately being not told about it until the very last minute. Not the first time something like this has happened, and it does make it rather pointless Lucy being there at all.

adammanu11

Contributions: 50

Lucy, Emma, Melissa at Gallery Club Maidstone 21-09-2013Posted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:42 am    Subject: Lucy, Emma, Melissa at Gallery Club Maidstone 21-09-2013 Reply with quote

there must be something keeping her there then , pretty sure other agencies would approach her
Pigeon
Site Admin

Lucy, Emma, Melissa at Gallery Club Maidstone 21-09-2013Posted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:48 am    Subject: Lucy, Emma, Melissa at Gallery Club Maidstone 21-09-2013 Reply with quote

Yeah, that's what I mean by "chain round her ankle"... as well as making it harder for her to decide to leave, it puts other agencies off trying to headhunt her Sad

Also her sad tendency to believe that people are doing their best for her just because they say they are and act nice, and ascribe all her success to them... when really it's the other way round... other people are doing their best for themselves, Lucy has succeeded despite, not because of, them, the only people who have ever actually helped her are IMM, and all her success since then is due to her own sterling qualities Big Smile

It's a continual annoyance to think how when Lucy first joined them I believed GM were going to sort out the rubbish and give her the exposure she deserves and merits... but three years later nothing has changed, if anything her career's gone backwards.

Lucy is without question the most popular glamour model in the country... and yet all she ever gets is to appear in one magazine every 2-3 months. It is indisputable that something is wrong. It can't be Lucy otherwise she wouldn't be the most popular glamour model in the first place... therefore it must be GM, and when they do things like book her for a PA and then suppress knowledge of it, it just adds weight to that conclusion.
Pigeon
Site Admin

Lucy, Emma, Melissa at Gallery Club Maidstone 21-09-2013Posted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:45 pm    Subject: Lucy, Emma, Melissa at Gallery Club Maidstone 21-09-2013 Reply with quote

Pigeon
Site Admin

Lucy, Emma, Melissa at Gallery Club Maidstone 21-09-2013Posted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:45 pm    Subject: Lucy, Emma, Melissa at Gallery Club Maidstone 21-09-2013 Reply with quote

snowflake

Contributions: 663

Lucy, Emma, Melissa at Gallery Club Maidstone 21-09-2013Posted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:44 pm    Subject: Lucy, Emma, Melissa at Gallery Club Maidstone 21-09-2013 Reply with quote

Mmmh! There was a professionnal photographer...
Is there something commercial Under this event? Scratch Chin
Pigeon
Site Admin

Lucy, Emma, Melissa at Gallery Club Maidstone 21-09-2013Posted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:46 am    Subject: Lucy, Emma, Melissa at Gallery Club Maidstone 21-09-2013 Reply with quote

Well, sort of, although his kit is a bit half-assed... distorting wide-angle lens, and the pics were extremely green when I found them... It's not that uncommon; quite a few of these venues have someone to take photos of random attendees in better quality than the usual abysmal iphone pics. The idea is they can put them on facebook or twitter so that people who are in them will go "look, everyone, this is a picture of me" and the club gets free advertising off it. They do it every weekend, it's not just something that happens when Lucy or other special people are there, and even in this collection there are about ten times as many pics of random nobodies as there are of Lucy/Melissa/Emma.

EVISU

Contributions: 383

Lucy, Emma, Melissa at Gallery Club Maidstone 21-09-2013Posted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:20 am    Subject: Lucy, Emma, Melissa at Gallery Club Maidstone 21-09-2013 Reply with quote

wtf some1 brought a cake
snowflake

Lucy, Emma, Melissa at Gallery Club Maidstone 21-09-2013Posted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:04 pm    Subject: Lucy, Emma, Melissa at Gallery Club Maidstone 21-09-2013 Reply with quote

That I was thinking about is: is it mutual merchandising and so it makes part of Lucy/Emma/Melissa 's job, or did they let been photographied whereas Lucy wanted to go to nightclub incognito? Headache
Thank you in advance Pigeon, cos you already have simples answers for my complicated questionings! Wink
Pigeon
Site Admin

Lucy, Emma, Melissa at Gallery Club Maidstone 21-09-2013Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:06 am    Subject: Lucy, Emma, Melissa at Gallery Club Maidstone 21-09-2013 Reply with quote

Lucy mentioned it on her twitter, so I can't see that she wanted to go incognito Smile

Lucy/Emma/Melissa being there was a promotional appearance and part of their job. The photographer being there was not specifically connected with that; he would have been there in any case, he just wouldn't have had any famous people to shoot Smile
snowflake

Lucy, Emma, Melissa at Gallery Club Maidstone 21-09-2013Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:17 am    Subject: Lucy, Emma, Melissa at Gallery Club Maidstone 21-09-2013 Reply with quote

I ask some détails because I'm bored to eat that food without knowing the why and the how. Smile

Yeah it's sure she wasn't incognito cos she wrote in twitter, but she wrote the very day, whereas we know other parties with models are announced few days before and more when it's an official advertising event for night clubs.

If it's a promotional appearance, I'm not sure to understand the strategy. Without photographer, GM only counts on the direct contacts with VIPs and photos taken with mobiles and sent on twitter like a kind of free food for fans. All this to sustain a people effect. Wry
This photographer came just at the right time cos they can have more pictures and more ad without there's a paparazzi! Hehe

A last question: wouldn't it be Lucy the creative director who has the responsability of the organization for this kind of advert?
qwertiebertie

Contributions: 239

Lucy, Emma, Melissa at Gallery Club Maidstone 21-09-2013Posted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:57 am    Subject: Lucy, Emma, Melissa at Gallery Club Maidstone 21-09-2013 Reply with quote

Lucy is at walkabout in Wolverhampton Fri 11th Oct, its on there Twitter
Pigeon
Site Admin

Lucy, Emma, Melissa at Gallery Club Maidstone 21-09-2013Posted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:11 pm    Subject: Lucy, Emma, Melissa at Gallery Club Maidstone 21-09-2013 Reply with quote

snowflake wrote:
Yeah it's sure she wasn't incognito cos she wrote in twitter, but she wrote the very day, whereas we know other parties with models are announced few days before and more when it's an official advertising event for night clubs.

If it's a promotional appearance, I'm not sure to understand the strategy.

...and Melissa and Emma were both mentioning it some days in advance... No, it doesn't make sense to me either. After all the "P" in "PA" does stand for "Public"... All I can say is it's not the first time something like this has happened. For example there was the time Lucy did a PA in Bournemouth (I think it was) and nobody knew it happened until after the event when some chap signed up to the official forum to say how glad he was to have met her at it. I asked why we hadn't been told in advance (this was some years back) and the official forum tried to pretend they hadn't known about it either - as if anyone was ever going to believe that Roll Eyes Goodness knows what they're playing at.

snowflake wrote:
A last question: wouldn't it be Lucy the creative director who has the responsability of the organization for this kind of advert?

Oh no, all these things are the nightclub's idea, GM just supplies the models Smile

qwertiebertie wrote:
Lucy is at walkabout in Wolverhampton Fri 11th Oct, its on there Twitter

Aha! Well spotted that man Thumb Up!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder All times are GMT
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Jump to: