Lucy Pinder Photo Gallery Lucy Pinder Videos Index Lucy Pinder Television Website on Facebook LucyPinderNews and LPinderOfficial twitter feeds
Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index Facebook button Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum
Lucy Pinder - Pictures, News, Videos - The One-Stop Shop

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister (Problems? See here)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Twitter button Lucy Pinder Videos Index

LPTV website forum iPhone app

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Site News and Queries
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RockyMoney

Contributions: 2276

LPTV website forum iPhone appPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 3:06 am    Subject: LPTV website forum iPhone app Reply with quote

Hay Pigeon you ever thought of making an app for this forum/website? I would certainly buy it Smile
Pigeon
Site Admin

Contributions: 6645

LPTV website forum iPhone appPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 3:16 am    Subject: LPTV website forum iPhone app Reply with quote

There is something of a significant problem with that. Namely, that I don't have an iphone to test it on, and I'm not at all likely to get one...

Out of interest though, what sort of functionality would you expect from such an app that you can't get simply from reading the site with a browser in the ordinary way?
pogo

Contributions: 361

LPTV website forum iPhone appPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 12:18 pm    Subject: Re: LPTV website forum iPhone app Reply with quote

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Pigeon
Site Admin

LPTV website forum iPhone appPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 1:37 pm    Subject: LPTV website forum iPhone app Reply with quote

It's the ipad that gets me. Twice the price of a laptop for something that does less... and you can't even carry it around without constantly fretting about damaging the screen. Most Pointless Device Ever.
pogo

LPTV website forum iPhone appPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 1:56 pm    Subject: LPTV website forum iPhone app Reply with quote

RockyMoney

LPTV website forum iPhone appPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 3:07 pm    Subject: LPTV website forum iPhone app Reply with quote

All the ipad is, is a larger version of an iphone but without the camera or phone. Its pure crap if you ask me
paulb11

Contributions: 140

LPTV website forum iPhone appPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 6:45 pm    Subject: LPTV website forum iPhone app Reply with quote

There are apps designed for phbb, but to be honest they do nothing more than viewing the site in your browser.

If you are not moderately teccy, then Iphones/ipads are prob for you. Have seen the ipad in use, and it is nothing more than OK to me. If you were a techno novice, it is ideal as the user friendlyness is very good. For example I would recommend my mum using one to browse the web, as she can't cope with a laptop.
Pigeon
Site Admin

LPTV website forum iPhone appPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 9:11 pm    Subject: LPTV website forum iPhone app Reply with quote

paulb11 wrote:
There are apps designed for phbb, but to be honest they do nothing more than viewing the site in your browser.

Hence my question to RockyMoney as to what extra functionality he would expect/like...

paulb11 wrote:
If you are not moderately teccy, then Iphones/ipads are prob for you. Have seen the ipad in use, and it is nothing more than OK to me. If you were a techno novice, it is ideal as the user friendlyness is very good. For example I would recommend my mum using one to browse the web, as she can't cope with a laptop.

Compared to a laptop running OSX though?

My mum is entirely non-techy but she manages to browse the web and send/receive emails just fine... using Ubuntu on my dad's PC. (And is quite the virtuoso at word processing on her own PC using... wait for it... Windows 3.1 Eek!)
pogo

LPTV website forum iPhone appPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 12:20 am    Subject: LPTV website forum iPhone app Reply with quote

RockyMoney

LPTV website forum iPhone appPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 12:28 am    Subject: LPTV website forum iPhone app Reply with quote

Come to think of it, an app for this site wouldn't really be needed, its got an already perfect layout already i think Pigeon, it was just an idea i thought off and posted it as soon as i thought of it without thinking about whether or not making and designing an app for this page would benefit in anyway. Thanks though.
Pigeon
Site Admin

LPTV website forum iPhone appPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 1:06 am    Subject: LPTV website forum iPhone app Reply with quote

RockyMoney wrote:
Come to think of it, an app for this site wouldn't really be needed, its got an already perfect layout already i think Pigeon, it was just an idea i thought off and posted it as soon as i thought of it without thinking about whether or not making and designing an app for this page would benefit in anyway. Thanks though.

Good forward thinking by the phpbb2 designers then, to come up with a layout that works well on something that wouldn't exist until several years after they made it!

pogo wrote:
Pigeon wrote:
My mum is entirely non-techy but she manages to browse the web and send/receive emails just fine... using Ubuntu on my dad's PC. (And is quite the virtuoso at word processing on her own PC using... wait for it... Windows 3.1 Eek!)

Windows 3.1? Wow! Your Mum's done very well looking after her machine Pigeon! Think you may need to get her on here to share the secrets!

My Mum quite proudly showed off her "new" laptop to me at Christmas and I laughed when I saw it was running on Windows XP, even asking if she'd bought it from an antiques fair, so I feel an apology is warranted now! Hehe

It's simply a case of all she ever does on it is word processing, she does only exactly the same stuff on it now as she did when she first got it, it worked for that purpose then so it still works for that purpose now and there's no point upgrading it Smile

This site isn't really her thing anyway Hehe though she has been on it once... reading the thread about Lucy's painting... probably a good thing she didn't read any of the rest of it!

It's not connected to the internet, she uses my dad's machine for that... which as I say is running Ubuntu... he did have it on Windows 98 originally and periodically broke it changing things and had to reinstall it many times. I persuaded him to switch it to Ubuntu and it stopped breaking after that Big Grin

I have a mate who also runs Ubuntu but dual-boots with XP so he can run a CAD application that doesn't have a Linux version. Again his Ubuntu installation doesn't break, but XP periodically does... now all I need to do is persuade him that when that happens it isn't necessary to throw a wobbly and reinstall both OSes from scratch... easier said than done though! 'Course if he used Ubuntu to look at "dodgy" websites, rather than using XP so he can pretend to me that he doesn't do it Hehe he'd have less of a problem...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Site News and Queries All times are GMT

Jump to: