Lucy Pinder Photo Gallery Lucy Pinder Videos Index Lucy Pinder Television Website on Facebook LucyPinderNews and LPinderOfficial twitter feeds
Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index Facebook button Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum
Lucy Pinder - Pictures, News, Videos - The One-Stop Shop

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister (Problems? See here)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Twitter button Lucy Pinder Videos Index

Know of a good anti-virus program?
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RockyMoney

Contributions: 2276

Know of a good anti-virus program?Posted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:30 pm    Subject: Know of a good anti-virus program? Reply with quote

My AVG license expires in 14 days and i was just wondering what virus software you guys use? I'm sure theirs something better than AVG that's also free, mind you maybe i should pay for it instead to get the good ones, some help on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Just looking for some recommendations realy
Pigeon
Site Admin

Contributions: 6645

Know of a good anti-virus program?Posted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:36 pm    Subject: Know of a good anti-virus program? Reply with quote

As a Linux user it's not really a major concern for me Big Grin

The Windoze bunch seem to be saying that AVG is getting a bit rubbish these days - slow and bloated. Avast seems to be the one to go for now.
RockyMoney

Know of a good anti-virus program?Posted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:27 pm    Subject: Know of a good anti-virus program? Reply with quote

K thanks, just out of interest... what happens if you have 2 anti-virus programs in use @ the same time?
RockyMoney

Know of a good anti-virus program?Posted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:46 pm    Subject: Know of a good anti-virus program? Reply with quote

I just downloaded avast and i have to say its layout and design are a lot better, ive got the 30 day trial. I think ill buy when the trial expires, thanks pigeon
sexybeast

Contributions: 755

Know of a good anti-virus program?Posted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:25 pm    Subject: Know of a good anti-virus program? Reply with quote

i can vouch for AVAST..been using it for a few months now..much much better than anything else available in the market right now..even the free version works pretty good..try the free version for a month before u actually spend money buying anything
Chris

Contributions: 726

Know of a good anti-virus program?Posted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:45 pm    Subject: Know of a good anti-virus program? Reply with quote

I don't believe in using anti-virus programs. Honestly, I think they're a BIG waste of money. In the past few years, I've used Norton Internet Security and I've seriously gotten more viruses WITH protection than without. I currently don't use anything and I've yet to get any spyware, viruses, trojans, etc.
Pigeon
Site Admin

Know of a good anti-virus program?Posted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:55 pm    Subject: Know of a good anti-virus program? Reply with quote

That's because Norton Internet Security is a big pile of doggie do. Really. It's rubbish. Well-marketed rubbish, but still rubbish... slows your machine down and fails to catch far too much stuff. As soon as Norton sold out to Symantec they went down the tubes.

You probably do have lots of viruses and trojans now, but you're not noticing it because you have nothing that might make you aware of them... and they probably aren't slowing your machine down as much as Norton did.

Do install Avast and give your machine a scan with it...

Also install Spybot S&D - catches spyware and other nasties that AV programs miss because it's not the sort of thing they're looking for. Use that link - there are other things which are nasties themselves but deliberately have very similar names to catch you out - that link is to the real one.
Dib

Contributions: 276

Know of a good anti-virus program?Posted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:27 pm    Subject: Know of a good anti-virus program? Reply with quote

I use NOD 32. I like it.
Dice

Contributions: 123

Know of a good anti-virus program?Posted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:44 pm    Subject: Know of a good anti-virus program? Reply with quote

I use AVG free, never had a problem, though i do back it up with Adware.

but just dont get Norton, all it will do is kill your memory
fan101

Contributions: 390

Know of a good anti-virus program?Posted: Sat May 01, 2010 1:26 am    Subject: anti virus Reply with quote

i use casper internet sectrity
Pigeon
Site Admin

Know of a good anti-virus program?Posted: Sat May 01, 2010 1:40 am    Subject: Know of a good anti-virus program? Reply with quote

Do you mean Kaspersky? I'd recommend you switch to Avast, I've heard too many "Kaspersky didn't catch so-and-so" comments...
fan101

Know of a good anti-virus program?Posted: Sat May 01, 2010 1:50 am    Subject: Know of a good anti-virus program? Reply with quote

2 viruss got thourgh but 100 trojins
Pigeon
Site Admin

Know of a good anti-virus program?Posted: Sat May 01, 2010 1:59 am    Subject: Know of a good anti-virus program? Reply with quote

For trojans you want Spybot S&D as well as an AV program.
fan101

Know of a good anti-virus program?Posted: Sat May 01, 2010 2:05 am    Subject: Know of a good anti-virus program? Reply with quote

i forget about trojens they only work when you think its needed or (lucy or other stuff) so really i dont open them only pics or games
fan101

Know of a good anti-virus program?Posted: Mon May 03, 2010 1:34 am    Subject: Know of a good anti-virus program? Reply with quote

got some malware in my email but i delete it so ha who thought they could do that i know no one here but still no one can or will without me to open it
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Jump to: