Lucy Pinder Photo Gallery Lucy Pinder Videos Index Lucy Pinder Television Website on Facebook LucyPinderNews and LPinderOfficial twitter feeds
Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index Facebook button Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum
Lucy Pinder - Pictures, News, Videos - The One-Stop Shop

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister (Problems? See here)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Twitter button Lucy Pinder Videos Index

Is miss lucy pinder doing us injustice ?
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder
View previous topic :: View next topic  
redhawk

Contributions: 276

Is miss lucy pinder doing us injustice ?Posted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:37 pm    Subject: Is miss lucy pinder doing us injustice ? Reply with quote

to some extent i believe lucy is doing us injustice.either she is unaware of our love for her,or doing intentionally.well yes,lucy as i think ,has changed.we dont have topic now to keep the fading flame of this forum alive.no significant shoot for long.
redhawk

Contributions: 276

Is miss lucy pinder doing us injustice ?Posted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:42 pm    Subject: Is miss lucy pinder doing us injustice ? Reply with quote

anyone if having a way to let her know what we expect of her?
Pigeon
Site Admin

Contributions: 6645

Is miss lucy pinder doing us injustice ?Posted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:07 pm    Subject: Is miss lucy pinder doing us injustice ? Reply with quote

Not entirely sure how the situation can be laid at Lucy's door.

Ever since Lucy signed with Neon our desires have been fulfilled only via a very small number of outlets - Nuts, the Daily Star, and the sporadic appearance of pics from Nuts/Star shoots in Australian magazines and the Sport - initially due to Neon's laziness compared to Lucy's previous agency, and now that Lucy has moved to a better agency - Girl Management - the contract she signed with Nuts while still with Neon continues to restrict her appearances.

While Lucy was still appearing regularly in the Star this didn't matter too much, as we were still guaranteed two or three pics a week in the Star to fill the gaps between Nuts features.

However since the Daily Star lost the plot early last year, Nuts has been all there is.

No blame on Nuts - the frequency of Lucy features is as good as ever, we've had about one every two months all this year and all last year, and it would be unrealistic to expect them to publish features of any model more frequently than that - they need to keep the variety up.

And certainly no blame on Lucy, at the time it made commercial sense to sign an exclusive contract with Nuts - since Neon couldn't be bothered to place her in anything else anyway, it made no difference to so restrict her choice and so taking the opportunity of pocketing the extra money was the logical thing to do.

There was no way she could have predicted that the Star were suddenly going to throw a spaz attack and stop featuring not only Lucy but other high-profile, popular models as well.

It's the Star's intransigence which is to blame for the lack of continuous Lucy output.

As regards letting Lucy know what we want - she knows what we want, she just can't do anything about it. The most hopeful option would be for as many people as possible to contact the Star and let them know that we want to see Lucy back in their pages, not just in the occasional old pic repeated on their text-in page, but the full-on two or three appearances a week in Page 3 and other features that gave everyone so much pleasure before they lost it.

Contact details for the Star are:

By text: text DSTAR followed by a space, then your name and comment, to 80088

Email: starletters@dailystar.co.uk

Phone: 0871 434 1010

Fax: 020 7922 7960

By post:
Editor - Dawn Neesom
The Northern & Shell Building
Number 10 Lower Thames Street
London
EC3R 6EN

Richard Desmond - Chairman of Northern & Shell (owners of the Star)
Martin Ellice, Stan Myseron - Joint managing directors
Same address
Tel: 0870 062 6620
Fax: 020 7922 7789
RockyMoney

Contributions: 2276

Is miss lucy pinder doing us injustice ?Posted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:10 pm    Subject: Is miss lucy pinder doing us injustice ? Reply with quote

Although i agree with what you are saying Pigeon, How does Lucy know what we want? She doesnt view the forum very much so does she really know what fans want? Another question i have is about the contract she has signed, when does it expire? Since she has switched to GM it has been good but @ the same time not extremely different, theirs still the same amount of Nuts shoots, less daily star. To some up: Things havent really changed in some areas, in other areas very well for good reasons that have and will help Lucy's career flourish and thrive.
kilbs

Contributions: 214

Is miss lucy pinder doing us injustice ?Posted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:45 pm    Subject: Is miss lucy pinder doing us injustice ? Reply with quote

RockyMoney wrote:
How does Lucy know what we want? She doesnt view the forum very much so does she really know what fans want?

Yeh I think youre right Rockymoney she doesnt know what people want. she never reads the forum well hardly ever and if people try and write fan mail and it isnt all brown nosey enough they dont pass it on to her so she never knows if people dont like stuff. and anyway you cant say you dont like stuff on that forum cos they just shout you down and threaten to lock the thread its rubbish and it makes it look like Lucy doesnt give a toss. of course she does really but she doesnt know cos they wont let her find out.

have you seen that thread on the other forum about the calendar. theres this guy trying to say why he didnt like last years and they wont listen to him and they keep giving him rubbish answers. youre not allowed to think anything over there you have to think what they tell you to think its rubbish and its really ignorant and it makes Lucy look ignorant and they cant see theyre making Lucy look bad cos they wont listen. Sad Sad Sad
Pigeon
Site Admin

Is miss lucy pinder doing us injustice ?Posted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:55 pm    Subject: Is miss lucy pinder doing us injustice ? Reply with quote

Ach... lot of stuff here Smile

I think we're at slight cross purposes, RockyMoney... when I said "she knows what we want, she just can't do anything about it" I was speaking in very general terms - ie. she knows we want lots of shoots/appearances. She knows that because it's obvious Smile

In the more specific sense of Lucy knowing what we would like those shoots to be like, you and kilbs are right... she doesn't know, because she only skims the forum once in a blue moon and any other feedback - such as via the channels Marcus mentions in the thread you refer to, kilbs - is censored before Lucy gets to see it. Myspace is definitely censored, email essentially doesn't exist because there's no published email address for Lucy, forum PMs are deleted before she gets to see them and anyone sending them stands a good chance of getting their account deleted as well, fan mail by post is censored... there simply isn't any way for Lucy to get a genuine, unbiased impression of how her material is received.

That said, it's only really for the calendar shoots where it could make any difference anyway - those are the only ones where Lucy has any significant control over the theme/style/setting etc. Nuts shoots it's down to Nuts to say what they want from the shoot. And it is possible to give Nuts feedback - email them, but do be sure to use the "request a read receipt" option on your email or whatever it's called on your system - or leave a message for them on their facebook page... but do make it clear, if you're expressing dissatisfaction, that the dissatisfaction is with the style or frequency of the shoots, and not with Lucy herself - tell them you want to see more of Lucy but in a different setting/style, sort of thing.

And I agree, kilbs, that the habit on .info of denying any possibility of fault does make Lucy "look bad". I mean, heaven knows I defend what Lucy does just as fanatically as Jen does - but the difference is that where there is fault or suboptimality I will admit it, acknowledge it, and ascribe it to those who are responsible for it - it's almost never down to Lucy herself, if something's wrong it's practically always someone else's fault and I will say so. Simply blindly denying that any fault exists, when it's patently obvious that it does exist, not only makes it less likely that the fault will be corrected in future, but also makes it look as if Lucy herself is at fault, which simply isn't fair.

kilbs wrote:
she never reads the forum well hardly ever

Hehe

(here's betting that nobody will get the reference though...)
RockyMoney

Is miss lucy pinder doing us injustice ?Posted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:14 pm    Subject: Is miss lucy pinder doing us injustice ? Reply with quote

I think i do, is it to do with the tattoo?
RockyMoney

Is miss lucy pinder doing us injustice ?Posted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:15 pm    Subject: Is miss lucy pinder doing us injustice ? Reply with quote

Pigeon: you mention that any fan mail sent to Lucy is censored, how do fans know her address? It's censored how? She just chucks out any mail that she doesnt expect to receive?
sexybeast

Contributions: 755

Is miss lucy pinder doing us injustice ?Posted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:27 pm    Subject: Is miss lucy pinder doing us injustice ? Reply with quote

Big Grin
Pigeon
Site Admin

Is miss lucy pinder doing us injustice ?Posted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:19 am    Subject: Is miss lucy pinder doing us injustice ? Reply with quote

RockyMoney wrote:
Pigeon: you mention that any fan mail sent to Lucy is censored, how do fans know her address? It's censored how? She just chucks out any mail that she doesnt expect to receive?

I mean that it is possible - in theory - to send fan mail to Lucy via her management, in the same way as sending pictures to be signed. It's censored before it ever gets to her; it's not Lucy who does it.

RockyMoney wrote:
I think i do, is it to do with the tattoo?

Nope... clue... it's to do with the outfit Wink
RockyMoney

Is miss lucy pinder doing us injustice ?Posted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:30 am    Subject: Is miss lucy pinder doing us injustice ? Reply with quote

Let the cat outta the bag and tell! Hehe
RockyMoney

Is miss lucy pinder doing us injustice ?Posted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:32 am    Subject: Is miss lucy pinder doing us injustice ? Reply with quote

I'm going to Winchester next Wednesday to see my gran, who knows i might see Lucy! Big Smile Hehe
Pigeon
Site Admin

Is miss lucy pinder doing us injustice ?Posted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:02 am    Subject: Is miss lucy pinder doing us injustice ? Reply with quote

RockyMoney wrote:
I'm going to Winchester next Wednesday to see my gran, who knows i might see Lucy! Big Smile Hehe

Good luck Big Grin

RockyMoney wrote:
Let the cat outta the bag and tell! Hehe

Somewhat to my delight, if you put kilbs's phrase that I quoted into google, there's a massive clue on the first page Smile
linkweed

Contributions: 1133

Is miss lucy pinder doing us injustice ?Posted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:08 am    Subject: Is miss lucy pinder doing us injustice ? Reply with quote

Pigeon wrote:
Nope... clue... it's to do with the outfit Wink

hmm....aye aye captain...
anyway im keeping a lot of faith in that when her nuts contract expires she hopefully stays on good terms with them and still be able to frequent other mags like front and loaded.
Pigeon
Site Admin

Is miss lucy pinder doing us injustice ?Posted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:42 am    Subject: Is miss lucy pinder doing us injustice ? Reply with quote

Me too, and I'd think you're right - the facebook "likes" alone are testament to Lucy's continuing massive popularity with Nuts Smile And it's a looong time since she was in Loaded; I'd expect them to jump at the chance of doing a new feature... they'd be barmy not to!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder All times are GMT
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to: