Lucy Pinder Photo Gallery Lucy Pinder Videos Index Lucy Pinder Television Website on Facebook LucyPinderNews and LPinderOfficial twitter feeds
Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index Facebook button Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum
Lucy Pinder - Pictures, News, Videos - The One-Stop Shop

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister (Problems? See here)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Twitter button Lucy Pinder Videos Index

Is miss lucy pinder doing us injustice ?
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RockyMoney

Contributions: 2276

Is miss lucy pinder doing us injustice ?Posted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:51 am    Subject: Is miss lucy pinder doing us injustice ? Reply with quote

So are these contracts on a yearly basis or something? It would be cool to see Lucy in a different magazine, its been a while since she done that. Even a new OK magazine shoot would be great, the pics produced from that were really nice. It showed the public that she doesnt need to always get her boobs out to be noticed, she should do something along those lines to let the public know shes serious about this path Big Smile
redhawk

Contributions: 274

Is miss lucy pinder doing us injustice ?Posted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:23 am    Subject: Is miss lucy pinder doing us injustice ? Reply with quote

i have no dissatisfaction,but dont ya all people miss lucy's video shoots -what they used to be and now what they are. Smile

i m happy if lucy moves to television,hollywood,cause then we would have more of her talent.
without her this forum is draught-hit.
linkweed

Contributions: 1132

Is miss lucy pinder doing us injustice ?Posted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:16 pm    Subject: Is miss lucy pinder doing us injustice ? Reply with quote

redhawk wrote:
i have no dissatisfaction,but dont ya all people miss lucy's video shoots -what they used to be and now what they are. Smile

i sure miss her topless vids, and she stops doing them as soon as nuts changes its directing style. no more fast pans and they actually focus on the model now. i dont mean to compare her directly to rosie jones but she releases like 3 vids for each shoot and shes sharing it with 3 other girls. i only hope that lucys topless vids arent over forever.
kilbs

Contributions: 214

Is miss lucy pinder doing us injustice ?Posted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:45 pm    Subject: Is miss lucy pinder doing us injustice ? Reply with quote

Pigeon wrote:
Somewhat to my delight, if you put kilbs's phrase that I quoted into google, there's a massive clue on the first page Smile

Is it the tv tropes link but I dont see what thats got to do with Lucy.

and whats this about you buying another site?
kilbs

Contributions: 214

Is miss lucy pinder doing us injustice ?Posted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:54 pm    Subject: Is miss lucy pinder doing us injustice ? Reply with quote

Pigeon wrote:
And I agree, kilbs, that the habit on .info of denying any possibility of fault does make Lucy "look bad". I mean, heaven knows I defend what Lucy does just as fanatically as Jen does - but the difference is that where there is fault or suboptimality I will admit it, acknowledge it, and ascribe it to those who are responsible for it - it's almost never down to Lucy herself, if something's wrong it's practically always someone else's fault and I will say so. Simply blindly denying that any fault exists, when it's patently obvious that it does exist, not only makes it less likely that the fault will be corrected in future, but also makes it look as if Lucy herself is at fault, which simply isn't fair.

and have you seen the rubbish answer on the other site about this. I posted on that thread about this its a bit of a risk but I thought it was worth it. theyre trying to say it IS Lucys fault when people dont like things wtf are they on. and Hertsman said about Lucy being controlled and theyre saying Lucy doesnt get controlled we know what rubbish that is. wish I could reply on there but I dont dare say any more than Ive said already.
Pigeon
Site Admin

Contributions: 6640

Is miss lucy pinder doing us injustice ?Posted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:58 pm    Subject: Is miss lucy pinder doing us injustice ? Reply with quote

kilbs wrote:
and have you seen the rubbish answer on the other site about this. I posted on that thread about this its a bit of a risk but I thought it was worth it. theyre trying to say it IS Lucys fault when people dont like things wtf are they on.

I can't really comment on that except to reiterate that it isn't "Lucy's fault when people don't like things". Lucy gets to say no if she thinks a shoot is a terrible idea but apart from that she is simply doing what the magazines want to the best of her ability - as I have said before, modelling is a kind of static acting... actors in the theatre don't get to rewrite the play if they don't like it, they either refuse the part or they play it as well as they can, and it works the same way with shoots.

kilbs wrote:
and Hertsman said about Lucy being controlled and theyre saying Lucy doesnt get controlled we know what rubbish that is.

Indeed, plenty of people have independently come to the same conclusion... it's pretty plain to see that Lucy's wider activities are often not something she decides on with total independence... the Charlie Crocker radio interview, for example, was a setup, the lack of PAs has already been extensively discussed, and of course the real biggie is the BB episode. Money notwithstanding, someone of Lucy's intelligence and perspicacity would not have done something so easily predicted to cause a storm of negative reactions if it hadn't been for people giving her bad advice and messing with her head... a suggestion to which they react with a paranoid aggression that only serves to bolster the theory.

...Which brings me back to the doctored feedback business - we have video evidence that Lucy was lied to and told that the public reaction was not too bad, when the truth is that it was absolutely terrible - as I was reminded only yesterday, when someone on another forum described Lucy in disgustingly insulting terms as a direct result of her appearance.

kilbs wrote:
Pigeon wrote:
Somewhat to my delight, if you put kilbs's phrase that I quoted into google, there's a massive clue on the first page Smile

Is it the tv tropes link but I dont see what thats got to do with Lucy.

It is... No, it has nothing directly to do with Lucy, but any variation of "never... well, hardly ever" is a guaranteed trigger for amusement to anyone who has ever been exposed to HMS Pinafore Hehe

kilbs wrote:
and whats this about you buying another site?

See my announcement: http://www.lucy-pinder.tv/forum/lucy-pinder-tv-lucypinder-tv-t484.html
jgclark

Contributions: 21

Is miss lucy pinder doing us injustice ?Posted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:51 pm    Subject: Is miss lucy pinder doing us injustice ? Reply with quote

I think as men we shall never fully quite understand how the female mind works. What Lucy's true motivations were for getting into glamour modelling may never be known to us... but it certainly wasn't to fulfill any great desire she had to delight men with her various states of undress. Did she see modeling as a stepping stone to various facets of the entertainment industry? Desire to move into more fashion modeling? Or simply see the opportunity to make some good money and enjoy the perks of celebrity while she was young? I'm not as well versed on Lucy the person as some here are, but whether or not she's motivated by her own desires or being manipulated by others, there's no denying we're seeing a change this year in her direction.

Despite the fact that Lucy's more stunning as she gets older, the business is full of young women ready to take her place and the mags are always looking for the next young thing to skyrocket sales with, so her time as a glamour model is nearing an end. In her mind, she may not feel as attractive as she did 3-5 years ago (and yes, I know that's rubbish,) and is looking to transition from the "tits out" style to something she feels will be enjoyable to her fans and still have some respectability to it.

She just may be tired of it as well and ready to stop showing her all for profit. Maybe she's ready to settle down. Perhaps her mom (and/or new management) feel a change is necessary to keep her name relevant. Also, people do change as they get older, and as much as we as fans would scoop up everything she does for the next two decades, we certainly don't want to see her taking her top off for anyone willing to pay for the opportunity- that reeks of desperation and I would rather see someone as intelligent and classy as her go out on top instead of flashing people until they yell "stop!"

I hate as much as the next man to see opportunities for Lucy to pose in various states of undress decrease. Perhaps this years' calendar is an experiment to see how sales are affected without nudity- i.e., if sales stay steady, she'll continue to cover up more since the bottom line won't be affected. Either way, I'm happy to see her venture into other venues of modeling and hope they are as successful as those in the past.
snowflake

Contributions: 663

Is miss lucy pinder doing us injustice ?Posted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:32 am    Subject: Is miss lucy pinder doing us injustice ? Reply with quote

Hi Pigeon! kilbs decided me to come in this forum. The contrast is astounding!
It was just a feeling but, now i learn here that lucy pinder is closed in an ivory tower, that she's the Nuts puppet, a calibrated product of consumption and nothing else! The fact she can accepts this let me perplexed.
Someones of us are driving crazy the official forum administrators by insinuating on and on that she seems not to have a control on the parameters of her career, and that fans are not listened enough...
It's the first time i come here and the little i learn is confirming what i had seen on her face the first time. I was thinking i was parano (as we are qualified on the other forum), i was thinking it was a nonsense to worry about it. But if everything you say is true, so i'am seing where is the real injustice. But it seems so surrealist!
I will be very happy to ask you more questions at the convenient moments.
Thank you for this forum existence.
Bye!
snowflake
redhawk

Is miss lucy pinder doing us injustice ?Posted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:57 am    Subject: Is miss lucy pinder doing us injustice ? Reply with quote

Its time for the resolution, everyone here I donno the manner, giving the responses in such a manner that the topic I chose is turning into yielding complaints, heated discussions type.
I only solicited opinions of you all people but what it turning itself into is not good. Let me first reveal what I think-
Each job whether it is small is not the thing to be hated, job is job.
People do job to fulfill their dreams as simple.
Lucy from the start has been a shy girl.
redhawk

Is miss lucy pinder doing us injustice ?Posted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:03 pm    Subject: Is miss lucy pinder doing us injustice ? Reply with quote

. Whether Lucy doing shoots or not, Lucy isnít to blame for any thing.
Every person on the earth has d right to express himself/herself the way he/she likes and do what he/she likes if the rights of others arenít violated. Thus Lucy is free in her every approach.
I guess Lucy never wanted to b a glamour model in full swing, it is the television industry she aspired for, but to make a progress she has to resort to glamour modeling.
Glamour modeling has its place and a high place, Lucy is an ace here-we donít usually see good looking girls like Lucy here
If she is moving to television industry or to some other avenues I only fancy seeing her again. collecting new photographs of her surreal, paragon beautiful face.
redhawk

Is miss lucy pinder doing us injustice ?Posted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:04 pm    Subject: Is miss lucy pinder doing us injustice ? Reply with quote

However it is tough job for her to get into Ėit is luck factor .she has face better than Gemma Atkinson I would say as I count gemma after lucy in glamour world.
Gemma was in tele industry I think earlier than her being glamour model days,and she has not been a glamour model in full swing.on the other part we have lucy pinder ,first glamour model then tv personality.
I only say ,if she gets work in tele industy thatís good and I aspire her to get work there.
We are here to admire lucy ,to cherish her success,not to blame her.
Pigeon
Site Admin

Is miss lucy pinder doing us injustice ?Posted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:36 pm    Subject: Is miss lucy pinder doing us injustice ? Reply with quote

jgclark wrote:
I think as men we shall never fully quite understand how the female mind works.

Oh, I dunno... As a pigeon, it's pretty clear to me that all humans are crazy, regardless of their sex Big Laugh

jgclark wrote:
What Lucy's true motivations were for getting into glamour modelling may never be known to us... but it certainly wasn't to fulfill any great desire she had to delight men with her various states of undress. Did she see modeling as a stepping stone to various facets of the entertainment industry? Desire to move into more fashion modeling? Or simply see the opportunity to make some good money and enjoy the perks of celebrity while she was young?

It was simply a piece of good fortune that she took the best advantage of Smile She never had any ambition or intention of getting into it, she was "discovered" by fluke, and when she was first "discovered" she never expected anything more out of it than a chance to make a bit of money to have behind her to go to college with. But the whole thing snowballed in a way that surprised her and made it worth her while to change her plans and instead of going to college, to grasp with both hands the fabulous opportunity that was being offered to her on a plate Smile

jgclark wrote:
...is looking to transition from the "tits out" style to something she feels will be enjoyable to her fans and still have some respectability to it.

Lucy's original non-topless style that she pursued up until 2007 was a product of the unplanned way she "fell into" modelling. Initially she didn't want to go that far when she was thinking she'd only end up doing it for a few months. By the time it became clear that she had enough popularity to make it a full-on career the non-topless style had become something of a USP so she hung onto it until, to simplify somewhat what is a bit of a complicated matter, she found the disadvantages and hassles of it no longer outweighed the potential gains from abandoning it.

jgclark wrote:
Perhaps her mom (and/or new management) feel a change is necessary to keep her name relevant.

We've touched on this before in other threads... best argument for a change is that it would to some extent help her be taken more seriously in the TV/film area, and help reduce the problem of people not being able to see beyond the boobs.

jgclark wrote:
I hate as much as the next man to see opportunities for Lucy to pose in various states of undress decrease. Perhaps this years' calendar is an experiment to see how sales are affected without nudity- i.e., if sales stay steady, she'll continue to cover up more since the bottom line won't be affected. Either way, I'm happy to see her venture into other venues of modeling and hope they are as successful as those in the past.

I rather suspect that a lot of people are going to buy it expecting there to be topless pics in it as there have been in the last few, and then be disappointed to find there aren't. I doubt there'll be any clear message about that when the previews show up in the mags/papers... not impossible that there'll be a comment from Lucy in the accompanying "interview", and I hope there is, but I'd reckon it's more likely there won't be.

On the other hand when Lucy first went topless there was a fair bit of comment on the .info forum to the effect that it was a dubious move, a lot of people saying things like "is this all she's going to do now" and "she's just like everyone else now". It could be that there is an expectation of tapping into that vein of support... though I'm not sure how much of those attitudes still remain three years later.

Myself, I don't much care whether a picture is topless or not, but I do like the extra creativity of the old shoots; there is too much of a tendency for the topless pics to rely on the "OOO!! NIPPLES!!!111eleven" effect for their impact and the photographers get lazy and don't ask for enough beyond the nipples, if you see what I mean Smile

snowflake wrote:
Hi Pigeon! kilbs decided me to come in this forum. The contrast is astounding!
It was just a feeling but, now i learn here that lucy pinder is closed in an ivory tower, that she's the Nuts puppet, a calibrated product of consumption and nothing else! The fact she can accepts this let me perplexed.
Someones of us are driving crazy the official forum administrators by insinuating on and on that she seems not to have a control on the parameters of her career, and that fans are not listened enough...
It's the first time i come here and the little i learn is confirming what i had seen on her face the first time. I was thinking i was parano (as we are qualified on the other forum), i was thinking it was a nonsense to worry about it. But if everything you say is true, so i'am seing where is the real injustice. But it seems so surrealist!
I will be very happy to ask you more questions at the convenient moments.
Thank you for this forum existence.
Bye!
snowflake

Hi snowflake, good to have you here Smile

One of the points of this forum is that people can say what they think without worrying about being censored/banned for contravening the "party line", without the "think what we tell you to or else" atmosphere. So yes, it is a bit different Smile

redhawk wrote:
I guess Lucy never wanted to b a glamour model in full swing, it is the television industry she aspired for, but to make a progress she has to resort to glamour modeling.

More or less. Lucy's ambitions to the screen predate her modelling - that was the sort of thing she always wanted to do originally. It's not so much that she "has to resort to glamour modelling" to make progress, more that she unexpectedly found the avenue of glamour modelling open to her and decided to take advantage of the opportunity while at the same time using it as an "in" to the media industry which offered more chances of being able to get onto the screen than would be available to someone otherwise unknown.

redhawk wrote:
We are here to admire lucy ,to cherish her success,not to blame her.

Oh, indeed. And nobody is blaming her for anything, as far as I can see, nor is there any reason to Smile
redhawk

Is miss lucy pinder doing us injustice ?Posted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:18 am    Subject: Is miss lucy pinder doing us injustice ? Reply with quote

thats right,lucy got that chance(modelling) by chance!!!!!everyone knows!
snowflake

Contributions: 663

Is miss lucy pinder doing us injustice ?Posted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:29 pm    Subject: Is miss lucy pinder doing us injustice ? Reply with quote

redhawk wrote:
thats right,lucy got that chance(modelling) by chance!!!!!everyone knows!

Grandad sorry but I have to react on this. I know a person who had the opportunity to make glamour jobs. She refused because she didn't feel her destiny in this way and so she continued the studies... So, who think modelling is a chance? People who need to flatter their ego, who need money and popularity, who have The satisfaction to feel useful for the society, or who need to take a revange for their self-esteem?....
In brief, someones think it's not a chance because they don't need it!
Ha! Say better it's a chance for you to be able to appreciate her half naked body! Wink ... But any way, if it wasn't her, it was someone else as beautiful!
Pigeon
Site Admin

Is miss lucy pinder doing us injustice ?Posted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:35 pm    Subject: Is miss lucy pinder doing us injustice ? Reply with quote

snowflake wrote:
I know a person who had the opportunity to make glamour jobs. She refused because she didn't feel her destiny in this way and so she continued the studies...

Well... that was nearly Lucy you know Smile She didn't see it as her "destiny" either, she just thought it would be a bit of fun and a chance to make a bit of money before she went to college. It was only when she unexpectedly found that she was an absolute bombshell of a success and had the chance to make a lot of money (which it was - £100,000 in her first year) that she changed her mind about going to college and went full on into modelling instead.

She's not after the fame and flattery, she's just happened to find something that gives her a fun life with plenty of money to go with it, and with a lot less effort than most people who to get that sort of money have to slog their guts out day in day out every week of the year and have a s**t life as a result. She never planned it, but she took the opportunity to have a better life than 99.9% of everyone else on the planet... and long may she so continue Big Grin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder All times are GMT

Jump to: