Lucy Pinder Photo Gallery Lucy Pinder Videos Index Lucy Pinder Television Website on Facebook LucyPinderNews and LPinderOfficial twitter feeds
Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index Facebook button Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum
Lucy Pinder - Pictures, News, Videos - The One-Stop Shop

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister (Problems? See here)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Twitter button Lucy Pinder Videos Index

Image Hosting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Site News and Queries
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marty

Contributions: 562

Image HostingPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:05 pm    Subject: Image Hosting Reply with quote

Out of curiosity,what free image hosting web sites would people recommend for hosting pictures that can then be linked to from here and other sites etc?
Pigeon
Site Admin

Contributions: 6645

Image HostingPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:19 pm    Subject: Image Hosting Reply with quote

This site Smile

All the public free image hosts are rubbish - the links don't go straight to the image, instead they go to an HTML page with extremely undesirable adverts on it as well as the image. The ones which don't have the adverts suffer from boob police. They also have spasms of slowness and unreliability.

The forum image upload facility on this site just gives a direct link to the image itself, with the option of either a display-size image (for use on this site) or a thumbnail (for use on sites that insist on thumbnails) Smile
Marty

Image HostingPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:22 am    Subject: Image Hosting Reply with quote

Hi Pigeon

I'm not sure I understand. When i tried to upload an Image it came up with the message:

"Sorry, you are not in a usergroup which has permission to use the file upload facility"

which I took to mean I need to upload it first somewhere else, is that wrong?

Also, I don't understand what you mean by: "The forum image upload facility on this site just gives a direct link to the image itself, with the option of either a display-size image (for use on this site) or a thumbnail (for use on sites that insist on thumbnails)"

Doesn't that then mean I still need to upload the image somewhere else, otherwise the direct link would be to my computer???

Sorry for being a noob, I've never tried posting pictures before (never found a site worth trying until now). Smile
pogo

Contributions: 361

Image HostingPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:44 pm    Subject: Image Hosting Reply with quote

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Pigeon
Site Admin

Contributions: 6645

Image HostingPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:13 pm    Subject: Image Hosting Reply with quote

Sorry, as pogo says I'd forgotten to add your account to the Uploaders group. Blush Have now fixed that Smile

By "direct link" I mean a link to the actual jpeg file on this server, the image itself, as opposed to a link to an HTML page with the image on it. The image is still uploaded - to this server - it's not a link to your computer Smile

As for the rest pogo has pretty well explained it Smile
pogo

Contributions: 361

Image HostingPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:50 pm    Subject: Image Hosting Reply with quote

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Marty

Image HostingPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:11 pm    Subject: Image Hosting Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice. I'll have a go later today or tomorrow Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Site News and Queries All times are GMT

Jump to: