Lucy Pinder Photo Gallery Lucy Pinder Videos Index Lucy Pinder Television Website on Facebook LucyPinderNews and LPinderOfficial twitter feeds
Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index Facebook button Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum
Lucy Pinder - Pictures, News, Videos - The One-Stop Shop

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister (Problems? See here)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Twitter button Lucy Pinder Videos Index

I finally found out what Lucy's surname means ...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pinderlust

Contributions: 431

I finally found out what Lucy's surname means ...Posted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:30 am    Subject: I finally found out what Lucy's surname means ... Reply with quote

Apparently, the English surname "Pinder" or "Pynder" etc. derives from the medieval period, the time of the Lords of the Manor and what have you.

A "Pinder" or (similarly spelled word) was the name of the occupation of the person in charge of rounding up and catching stray or wild animals in the manor and putting them in the pound!!

So that puts to rest the idea that "Pinder" is just an Indian name (where it is sometimes spelt "Pindar"), it can also derive from an old English word! Spinning Eyes
Pigeon
Site Admin

Contributions: 6640

I finally found out what Lucy's surname means ...Posted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:55 pm    Subject: Re: I finally found out what Lucy's surname means ... Reply with quote

Robster wrote:
Apparently, the English surname "Pinder" or "Pynder" etc. derives from the medieval period, the time of the Lords of the Manor and what have you.

A "Pinder" or (similarly spelled word) was the name of the occupation of the person in charge of rounding up and catching stray or wild animals in the manor and putting them in the pound!!

...hence the existence of some venue called "The Pinder of (somewhere-or-other)", which I happened across the other day... named after such a local official.

Robster wrote:
So that puts to rest the idea that "Pinder" is just an Indian name (where it is sometimes spelt "Pindar"), it can also derive from an old English word! Spinning Eyes

Interesting, I wonder if that's why Lucy appears on so many "Asian"/"Bollywood"-related blogs and things under "Asian babes" and suchlike. Never heard either "Pinder" or "Pindar" in an Indian context myself, only an English one.

What I'd like to know is if there's any connection with Mike Smile
--disabled--

Contributions: 263

I finally found out what Lucy's surname means ...Posted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:11 pm    Subject: Re: I finally found out what Lucy's surname means ... Reply with quote

Pigeon wrote:

What I'd like to know is if there's any connection with Mike Smile

I've looked but couldn't find one. Pinder seems fairly common in Europe.

Last edited by --disabled-- on Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pinderlust

I finally found out what Lucy's surname means ...Posted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:36 pm    Subject: I finally found out what Lucy's surname means ... Reply with quote

Who is Mike Pinder?

Well the reason I looked up Lucy's surname was that someone on the imdb message board was asking if she had any asian blood in her and said that "Pinder" was an Indian name and had never heard of it as an English name. Now we know it is also an English name. However, as most English people are descended from immigrants if you look back far enough, I would think it's fair to say that Lucy has some mediterranean or Indian genes.

I used to think that the name derived from "Painter" or "Pinter" (ie. Harold) and had been mispelled but now I know.

I wonder how many women are out there with the name Linda Pinder? (parent's with a sense of humour - haha!) Wink
Pigeon
Site Admin

I finally found out what Lucy's surname means ...Posted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:55 pm    Subject: I finally found out what Lucy's surname means ... Reply with quote

Robster wrote:
Who is Mike Pinder?

Eek!

This chap Smile

Robster wrote:
Well the reason I looked up Lucy's surname was that someone on the imdb message board was asking if she had any asian blood in her and said that "Pinder" was an Indian name and had never heard of it as an English name. Now we know it is also an English name. However, as most English people are descended from immigrants if you look back far enough, I would think it's fair to say that Lucy has some mediterranean or Indian genes.

She says she hasn't. Though I guess if you go back to prehistoric times we all do - I think it was expansion from that area of the world that gave rise to more northern populations. Indeed, as I understand it, in anthropological terms Indian-type people and white-European-type people actually count as the same race, since the only difference is melanin levels decreasing as people moved into more northern climates and that isn't enough to count.

Robster wrote:
I wonder how many women are out there with the name Linda Pinder? (parent's with a sense of humour - haha!) Wink

And if Lucy's name was an abbreviation she would formally be Lucinda Pinder Hehe - only it isn't, so she isn't Smile
Pinderlust

I finally found out what Lucy's surname means ...Posted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:29 pm    Subject: I finally found out what Lucy's surname means ... Reply with quote

Yeah!! Thanks - THAT Mike Pinder!

Sorry, brain burp! Sad
cybermidas

Contributions: 9

I finally found out what Lucy's surname means ...Posted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:35 pm    Subject: I finally found out what Lucy's surname means ... Reply with quote

Actually Pindari is a warrior tribe of Central-South India
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pindari

The British had a big trouble putting them down..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veer_(film)

There was a hit movie about the Pindari war.....probably thats why people confuse Lucy as an Indian
redhawk

Contributions: 274

I finally found out what Lucy's surname means ...Posted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:15 am    Subject: I finally found out what Lucy's surname means ... Reply with quote

i have read quite a few times in other forums people asking if she is an indian.her looks is indian ,i have seen enough people here.i think she has got indian origin Smile
Pigeon
Site Admin

I finally found out what Lucy's surname means ...Posted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:25 am    Subject: I finally found out what Lucy's surname means ... Reply with quote

I think that'll be the Welsh blood Wink
Chris

Contributions: 726

I finally found out what Lucy's surname means ...Posted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:36 am    Subject: I finally found out what Lucy's surname means ... Reply with quote

Very interesting thread, a fascinating read!

To tell you the truth, I've never thought Lucy looks Indian. Before this thread, I've read in several locations that people thought Lucy's surname was of Indian origin, but never thought she looked like the people from her possible place of origin.

However, I would say that Lucy slightly looks Indian when she has dark eye make-up, which obviously is going to make her look more "ethnic".

These pictures come to mind:

Obviously just a coincidence, and probably the same with almost every Caucasian model. Tongue
Pigeon
Site Admin

I finally found out what Lucy's surname means ...Posted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:19 pm    Subject: I finally found out what Lucy's surname means ... Reply with quote

Chris wrote:
To tell you the truth, I've never thought Lucy looks Indian.

Must say that occasionally I have... but only sort of, because I know she isn't so that tends to stop the thought in its tracks Smile

Chris wrote:
Obviously just a coincidence, and probably the same with almost every Caucasian model. Tongue

Those who are brunettes with brown eyes, certainly Smile
Shrrgnien

Contributions: 18

I finally found out what Lucy's surname means ...Posted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:24 pm    Subject: I finally found out what Lucy's surname means ... Reply with quote

awsome pics
but when i click on the first game:
You don't have permission to access /forum/images/lucy-pinder/lucy-pinder-chris-indian-fix-04-10-10-0.jpg on this server.
Pigeon
Site Admin

I finally found out what Lucy's surname means ...Posted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:52 pm    Subject: I finally found out what Lucy's surname means ... Reply with quote

Oops Blush now fixed.
sexybeast

Contributions: 755

I finally found out what Lucy's surname means ...Posted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:15 pm    Subject: I finally found out what Lucy's surname means ... Reply with quote

i'm indian....does Lucy look indian to me?...sure she does...but thats because every good looking brunette does...but would i have given it a second thought if u guys had not mentioned it?...no bloody way....so who cares whats what as long as she's being Lucy...what a wonder woman Big Smile ...keeping all the wonder men of the world( trying to delve into things that don't even matter) happy!!!!!
Pigeon
Site Admin

I finally found out what Lucy's surname means ...Posted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:22 pm    Subject: I finally found out what Lucy's surname means ... Reply with quote

sexybeast wrote:
who cares whats what as long as she's being Lucy...what a wonder woman Big Smile

Yes Thumb Up!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder All times are GMT

Jump to: