Lucy Pinder Photo Gallery Lucy Pinder Videos Index Lucy Pinder Television Website on Facebook LucyPinderNews and LPinderOfficial twitter feeds
Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index Facebook button Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum
Lucy Pinder - Pictures, News, Videos - The One-Stop Shop

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister (Problems? See here)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Twitter button Lucy Pinder Videos Index

gone fishing for lucy
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pigeon
Site Admin

Contributions: 6640

gone fishing for lucyPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:41 pm    Subject: gone fishing for lucy Reply with quote

Ah now that's easy Smile

kilbs

Contributions: 214

gone fishing for lucyPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:20 pm    Subject: gone fishing for lucy Reply with quote

Cor theres loads of them thank you. wasnt expecting that much.
kilbs

Contributions: 214

gone fishing for lucyPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:28 pm    Subject: gone fishing for lucy Reply with quote

Someone on the oher site says how about a magazine of just Lucy. I said yeh with you running it and zoe mcconnel taking the pics. itd be ace what do you think?
Pigeon
Site Admin

gone fishing for lucyPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:23 pm    Subject: gone fishing for lucy Reply with quote

kilbs wrote:
Someone on the oher site says how about a magazine of just Lucy. I said yeh with you running it and zoe mcconnel taking the pics. itd be ace what do you think?

Big Laugh

I have actually given some thought to doing something like that. Not, though, purely as a "just Lucy" magazine - that would be nice, but I don't think it would be commercially viable - I doubt if anyone, even Lucy, has enough of a hardcore fan base to keep it going - but maybe a small "just glamour" monthly magazine, of which Lucy is the star, might be able to scrape by - after all everyone says that the glamour content is the only worthwhile thing about Nuts Smile

Emphasis would be on quality, a large format with high quality printing, and text and pictures firmly separated, so you could cut the pages out and stick them straight on the wall without any "photoshop by scissors" required. The best of photographers - Zoe McConnell indeed - and no photoshopping. Plus plenty of imagination going into the shoots, plenty of variety... including ideas by the models themselves, I'd like to give Lucy and the other models much more say in the theme and setting of each shoot... Lucy's calendars, for example, show how useful that would be.

Each issue would be accompanied by a DVD containing videos of the shoots plus a selection of the "extra" pics which weren't quite good enough to make it into print. Could maybe even have five-minute "mini-movies" to go with it - a video equivalent of short-story fiction - and other similar material, again compiled with much input from the models themselves.

Lucy would of course have a regular column writing about any subject she felt like, and other models featured in any issue would also get the chance to put some of their own words down to go with their shoots. And it would be their own words - none of this business of editing and fabricating to make them all look like the same sort of sex-obsessed divvies which most magazines do, it would most emphatically allow them to be themselves.

I think the biggest difficulty would be making it cover its costs, though. It would be expensive to run - I would naturally keep the organisation small and do as much as possible myself to keep costs down, but the fees to the models would be a big chunk of money, and the printing costs for good quality might sting a bit. Also, the cover price of magazines in general is only a small part of their revenue - pretty well every magazine and newspaper only stays in business by way of carrying advertising, and it might be difficult to attract advertisers to what would inevitably be - at least to begin with - a fairly small-circulation magazine; times are tight for all of them at the moment and it's only the big players like Nuts who are really comfortable.

I would still love to give it a shot, though, I think the main reason I haven't tried already is the difficulty of raising the money to kick it off and keep it going for its initial period until it starts to catch on...
RockyMoney

Contributions: 2276

gone fishing for lucyPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:49 pm    Subject: gone fishing for lucy Reply with quote

Sounds like a great idea, but can you imagine how much money it would cost just to hire Lucy for a shoot!? When Lucy made her topless debut back in 2007 Nuts paid her £250,000 for it! Its certainly something a lot of us would support if it got going. Perhaps considering some kinda fund donation etc, id certainly help towards it! Ive prayed for the day Lucy had a mag just about her and it looks like it has a very small chance of happening. Morale and determination are what strives great things to happen remember that.

kiwi

Contributions: 160

gone fishing for lucyPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:12 am    Subject: gone fishing for lucy Reply with quote

great set of pics there and if you ever did start up a monthly glamour mag i'd certainley buy it , think iv'e got pretty much every other one she's been on the cover for Big Smile
RockyMoney

gone fishing for lucyPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:31 am    Subject: gone fishing for lucy Reply with quote

Yeah same here, ive been getting Nuts magazine from day 1 and watched Lucy become the much loved glam girl that we love
Pigeon
Site Admin

gone fishing for lucyPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:00 am    Subject: gone fishing for lucy Reply with quote

RockyMoney wrote:
can you imagine how much money it would cost just to hire Lucy for a shoot!?

Indeed, as I mentioned the costs of the shoots would be a major factor... Looking at Nuts, they pretty much have one shoot per issue - ie. the cover feature - and the rest of the glamour pics are pics from previous shoots, agency pics, pics of unknowns who will accept minimal fees in return for getting their faces in print, and the like. I think it would be necessary to do something similar - one actual new shoot per issue, featured on the cover, which would be the feature in which the values of imagination, originality, input from the models themselves, etc., are expressed, and the rest of the features compiled from agency pics - all models have a vast library of "speculative" pics most of which nobody ever gets to see, which would be cheaper to use than a specifically-for-the-purpose new shoot.

The startup costs would be pretty bad, too - it would be necessary to advertise the launch pretty heavily in order to avoid the first issue being a flop and the whole thing fizzling out. National papers and TV... neither is exactly cheap Smile

Maybe I ought to get myself on Dragon's Den Smile
RockyMoney

gone fishing for lucyPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:08 am    Subject: gone fishing for lucy Reply with quote

You never know,, a wealthy reader or even member of this forum might support the idea and fund you etc. Hehe
Dib

Contributions: 276

gone fishing for lucyPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:20 am    Subject: gone fishing for lucy Reply with quote

The pics with Malene are just awesome.
Pigeon
Site Admin

gone fishing for lucyPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:18 am    Subject: gone fishing for lucy Reply with quote

Dib wrote:

Malene is awesome Smile since Michelle's disappearance from the scene Malene is the only one who can appear with Lucy and not be hopelessly outclassed... indeed, personally I rate her better than Michelle Smile Sophie is good... and she is looking better and better these days, and Lindsey is a fine lass, but neither of them match up to Lucy when put together...

I have passed on your comment to Malene's forum Smile

Of course Lucy is always the most awesome of all Big Grin
Poggy

Contributions: 579

gone fishing for lucyPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:05 am    Subject: gone fishing for lucy Reply with quote

Pigeon wrote:
Dib wrote:

Malene is awesome Smile since Michelle's disappearance from the scene Malene is the only one who can appear with Lucy and not be hopelessly outclassed... indeed, personally I rate her better than Michelle Smile Sophie is good... and she is looking better and better these days, and Lindsey is a fine lass, but neither of them match up to Lucy when put together...

Of course Lucy is always the most awesome of all Big Grin

Malene's good, Sophie I think does great shoots but that grenade tattoo is just ugly IMO. I'm actually glad for photoshop at that point when they use to erase it. I'm a big fan of Lindsey and think her and Lucy shoot well together. Although Lucy shines that little bit more. I liked the Eva Wyrwal shoot with Lucy too. Although with Eva been pregnant, I don't see a repeat happening soon if at all. I still would love to see a Lucy, Keeley Hazell shoot. Although I doubt very much now that is going to happen with all that lack of activaty on the Keeley front of late.

Any or all of these will not happen in newspapers though as only the magazines will fund these now.

On the newspaper front. I have a question for you all..... I'm told one of the reasons the DS has stopped it's top model shoots is the reduction on price and the smaller profit to cover the shoot. So my question is this...

Would you pay slightly more again for the DS if they started having the top models back on page3?

I know I would. But then again I'd never by the sad Sun anyway.
L1quid

Contributions: 37

gone fishing for lucyPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:19 am    Subject: yep Reply with quote

As a Liverpool fan id never buy the scum i mean sun even if it did have a billion pictures of lucy
qwertiebertie

Contributions: 239

gone fishing for lucyPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:09 pm    Subject: gone fishing for lucy Reply with quote

take your idea to the dragons den pigeon
Pigeon
Site Admin

gone fishing for lucyPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:44 pm    Subject: gone fishing for lucy Reply with quote

Poggy wrote:
On the newspaper front. I have a question for you all..... I'm told one of the reasons the DS has stopped it's top model shoots is the reduction on price and the smaller profit to cover the shoot. So my question is this...

Would you pay slightly more again for the DS if they started having the top models back on page3?

I know I would. But then again I'd never by the sad Sun anyway.

I certainly would. But given that these days they seem to be making it their main selling point to undercut the Sun I can't see us getting the option Wry

qwertiebertie wrote:
take your idea to the dragons den pigeon

Given the amount of positive feedback it's getting it is looking as if it might be worth doing some more research and taking it further...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder All times are GMT

Jump to: