Lucy Pinder Photo Gallery Lucy Pinder Videos Index Lucy Pinder Television Website on Facebook LucyPinderNews and LPinderOfficial twitter feeds
Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index Facebook button Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum
Lucy Pinder - Pictures, News, Videos - The One-Stop Shop

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister (Problems? See here)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Twitter button Lucy Pinder Videos Index

Free video etc. software useful to Lucy fans

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pigeon
Site Admin

Contributions: 6645

Free video etc. software useful to Lucy fansPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 11:03 pm    Subject: Free video etc. software useful to Lucy fans Reply with quote

We are in off-topic but this is still a somewhat Lucy-related thread Smile

The idea is for people to post their recommendations of free software which is useful to Lucy fans Smile video players, editing software, archive managers, capture stuff, anything like that.

"Free" means you don't have to pay for it. Stuff with paid-for versions is OK as long as there is a free version of it and it's the free version you're talking about.

Please state what platform(s) it runs on.

Here's a few to start off...

Bitzipper - Archive manager - works on .zip, .rar, .tar.gz and many other formats. May be useful in particular to Windoze users who have trouble with tar.gz archives. Free trial version available. For Windows 2000, XP, Vista, 7 and Server editions.

GIMP - Photo editor - free alternative to Photoshop. Linux, Windows and Mac versions. When I say I've "photoshopped" something it's an inaccuracy in the cause of greater comprehensibility... what I've really done is "GIMPed" it.

Media Player Classic - Video player - runs on 32-bit MS Windows (95/98 ), 32-bit MS Windows (NT/2000/XP), All 32-bit MS Windows (95/98/NT/2000/XP), Win2K, WinXP. Being a Linux-only bod I haven't tried this myself but it is widely reported to solve pretty well all the stupid can't-play-the-file-for-no-good-reason problems that Windoze users encounter.

VLC - Video player - runs on Windows, Linux, Mac, BeOS and Syllable Eek! Generally quoted as being the ultimate play-anything player. I find it gives rubbish quality on Ubuntu and is excessively heavyweight, but most people seem to find it great.

mplayer - Video player - for Linux, but Windows version available. My personal favourite.

avidemux - Video editor - for Linux, BSD, Windows and Mac. Straightforward simple video editor. As used by Ashley off Make Me A Glamour Model.

Audacity - Audio editor - runs on Linux, Windows and Mac. Only really useful when Lucy's on the radio Smile

Firefox - Web browser - runs on Windows, Linux and Mac. Beats seven bells out of Internet Exploder, is less likely to land you in problems after visiting dodgy sites, and has a host of useful add-ons and plugins available.

Download Helper - Capture plugin - for Firefox. Very handy for sites that make it a PITA to download videos. Doesn't get them all but it does get most of them (unfortunately not including Nuts vids, but parsing tcpdump output and reverse-engineering protocols is a bit outside the scope of this thread.)

Adblock Plus - Advert-blocking plugin - for Firefox. Lose the scummy pr0n ads they keep putting on image hosting sites plus a whole host of other annoying rubbish.

Flashblock - Flash-blocking plugin - for Firefox. "If it's worth doing, it can be done without flash; if it can only be done in flash, it's worth not doing." Too many web designers are unaware of this important maxim... this plugin will spare you their excesses. It will still let you view flash content if you tell it you really want to, so it doesn't prevent you from using youtube, or, er, Lucy's site, ahem.

Opera - Web browser - for Windows, Linux, Mac, FreeBSD, Solaris, QNX, OS/2, and BeOS... and there are versions for mobile phones too Eek! Doesn't have the vast range of plugins that Firefox has but does have useful things like "site preferences" settings so you can, for example, disable flash globally but still have it working on youtube, and also has built-in ad-blocking - right-click, Block Content - which is very useful.
Grendel

Contributions: 288

Free video etc. software useful to Lucy fansPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 9:32 pm    Subject: Free video etc. software useful to Lucy fans Reply with quote

Why? Well, because I can. =) All of these programs are free, avaliable on windows machines and in most cases with Linux counterparts or viceversa.

Archive Manager.- 7zip. Open source, free, complete 7z, ZIP, GZIP, BZIP2 and TAR support, with extraction support for other formats.

Photo Editor.- Paint.NET. Although the GIMP is a more complete solution, Paint.NET enjoys a clearer and easier interface if your image manipulation needs are not that sophisticated. Also, Paint.NET is quite powerful on its own right, as you can see on some of its many tutorials on the web.

Video playing.- KMPlayer. another contender in the "will-open-anything" category, this program is able to play MPG, AVI, Divx, FLV, DVDs and anything I've tried flawlessly.

And that's it. I don't edit videos yet, so I'll try avidemux when the moment comes. A resounding clap for Audacity, Firefox, AdBlock and Flashblock (I love this one!) although I'm quite liking Google's Chrome as of late.
fan101

Contributions: 390

Free video etc. software useful to Lucy fansPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:33 am    Subject: Re: Free video etc. software useful to Lucy fans Reply with quote

Pigeon wrote:

Download Helper - Capture plugin - for Firefox. Very handy for sites that make it a PITA to download videos. Doesn't get them all but it does get most of them (unfortunately not including Nuts vids, but parsing tcpdump output and reverse-engineering protocols is a bit outside the scope of this thread.)

can that dowload off of dailymotion
Pigeon
Site Admin

Free video etc. software useful to Lucy fansPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:48 am    Subject: Free video etc. software useful to Lucy fans Reply with quote

Yes Smile
fan101

Contributions: 390

Free video etc. software useful to Lucy fansPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:57 am    Subject: Free video etc. software useful to Lucy fans Reply with quote

most of teh sites are pr0n lol
pogo

Contributions: 361

Free video etc. software useful to Lucy fansPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:13 pm    Subject: Free video etc. software useful to Lucy fans Reply with quote

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Pigeon
Site Admin

Free video etc. software useful to Lucy fansPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:43 pm    Subject: Free video etc. software useful to Lucy fans Reply with quote

Shame they have abandoned development on it, according to their site.

Also a great shame that there isn't a Linux version (or a Mac version, come to that). Would be somewhat more convenient than my current wireshark/bccapex/rtmpdump method.
sunshine

Contributions: 9

Free video etc. software useful to Lucy fansPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:45 pm    Subject: Re: Free video etc. software useful to Lucy fans Reply with quote

hello!pigeon,how to download videos from nuts?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT

Jump to: