Lucy Pinder Photo Gallery Lucy Pinder Videos Index Lucy Pinder Television Website on Facebook LucyPinderNews and LPinderOfficial twitter feeds
Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index Facebook button Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum
Lucy Pinder - Pictures, News, Videos - The One-Stop Shop

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister (Problems? See here)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Twitter button Lucy Pinder Videos Index

Fake Lucy and Nuts profiles on facebook
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Site News and Queries
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chris

Contributions: 726

Fake Lucy and Nuts profiles on facebookPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:41 pm    Subject: Fake Lucy and Nuts profiles on facebook Reply with quote

Any idea as to why Lucy hasn't switched over to Facebook? Seems kinda odd since MySpace has more or less died.
Pigeon
Site Admin

Contributions: 6645

Fake Lucy and Nuts profiles on facebookPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:05 am    Subject: Fake Lucy and Nuts profiles on facebook Reply with quote

Case of "CBA" and "one of those sites is quite enough thankyou" I think Smile Also a fair bit of the reason behind the myspace page was to counter the flood of fake profiles; it didn't really work, and there's no reason to believe a real facebook page would be any more effective against fake facebook ones, so the countering-fake-facebook-profiles effort is limited to the bit on the myspace page that says Lucy doesn't have a facebook or twitter page. Case of it being a lot of hassle for little real benefit, and Lucy isn't into those sort of sites anyway so she has no personal inclination to set one up and it wouldn't be her running it if there was one.
Chris

Fake Lucy and Nuts profiles on facebookPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:21 am    Subject: Fake Lucy and Nuts profiles on facebook Reply with quote

Pigeon wrote:
Case of "CBA" and "one of those sites is quite enough thankyou" I think Smile ... Lucy isn't into those sort of sites anyway so she has no personal inclination to set one up ...

Oh wow, and I thought I couldn't like her any more than I already do.

I really do hate Facebook and MySpace both, but having an account does serve some purpose.

They're not as stupid as Twitter, though.
Pigeon
Site Admin

Fake Lucy and Nuts profiles on facebookPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:26 am    Subject: Fake Lucy and Nuts profiles on facebook Reply with quote

Exactly how I think on the matter Big Grin

My facebook page is almost exclusively for the purpose of making the Nuts facebook stuff work... I do get lots of friend requests from other people who are into pigeons, which I accept out of courtesy, but I'm not really interested, it's there for utilitarian reasons. And one or two people who like Lucy Smile

Twitter... again it depends on how you use it... sure it's full of rubbish, but it can be a useful news feed if you're selective. This site has a twitter page Smile Lucy Pinder News on Twitter
Chris

Fake Lucy and Nuts profiles on facebookPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:35 am    Subject: Fake Lucy and Nuts profiles on facebook Reply with quote

I guess my opinion on Twitter stems from the fact that I think Twitter is an invitation for stalkers and other types of creeps.

Speaking of your love of pigeons, you'll probably appreciate this shot that was taken during my visit to New York this past summer:

Thumb Up!
RockyMoney

Contributions: 2276

Fake Lucy and Nuts profiles on facebookPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:08 am    Subject: Fake Lucy and Nuts profiles on facebook Reply with quote

Hehe
Pigeon
Site Admin

Fake Lucy and Nuts profiles on facebookPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:08 am    Subject: Fake Lucy and Nuts profiles on facebook Reply with quote

Chris wrote:
I guess my opinion on Twitter stems from the fact that I think Twitter is an invitation for stalkers and other types of creeps.

I guess it can be, but it depends on how you use it... whether you tweet sensibly or not. The new "add a location to your tweets" feature is barmy I think, more like a "please burgle me, I'm not at home" feature...

Chris wrote:
Speaking of your love of pigeons, you'll probably appreciate this shot that was taken during my visit to New York this past summer

That is a brilliant shot, thanks! Thumb Up!
--disabled--

Contributions: 263

Fake Lucy and Nuts profiles on facebookPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:06 am    Subject: Fake Lucy and Nuts profiles on facebook Reply with quote

All this talk about Facebook, there's one fact that many over look. Whether you hate Facebook because of all their rules and restrictions, or if you like the ease of connecting and communicating with friends. If you have something you want to promote, there's this one little number you cannot overlook.

1 Billion hits a day.

Yes with a B. Yesterday it was Myspace, today it's Facebook. It may not be big tomorrow, but it's where the people are now, and it's free!

As Lucy looks to maybe add new phases to her career (TV and Acting) it might be time for her to consider a new way of connecting with her fans. I think a lot of good would come from having an "official" site on Facebook, Whether she manages it or not. Smile
Pigeon
Site Admin

Fake Lucy and Nuts profiles on facebookPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:00 am    Subject: Fake Lucy and Nuts profiles on facebook Reply with quote

Hmmm... Not so convinced it would have massive value myself. As long as Lucy's official site is the first hit on google - and I can't see any reason why that should ever change - I think concentrating on that would be the most productive option.

It is definitely an asset that could be much better used though... it is quite instructive to check back over previous versions of it on archive.org and see how it has changed over the years. Mostly not for the better, which is a shame. The very old versions had lots of content - most of which hasn't been archived, but you can see where it should be - but as time has gone on the amount of content has got less and less until we get to the current version which apart from being crippled and rendered annoying by its use of flash, is almost content-free - hardly anything there apart from a small gallery of content which is all available elsewhere, and indeed more or less forces visitors to go elsewhere to find it in a form which can actually be downloaded; the closed nature of that forum further reduces the opportunities to attract visitors.

Rather than putting resources into a facebook page - which is in any case unlikely to achieve much of a google ranking, as the myspace page doesn't - it would be better to use those resources to greatly increase the content - and thereby the attractiveness - of the official site. Not just in terms of pics and videos, but in providing much more detail about news of what Lucy's doing, not only Nuts shoots but speculative projects, ambitions, possible appearances, whether or not they are definite - the more people who know they are possible the more likely it is for that possibility to turn into actuality. It is most unfortunate and indeed counterproductive that the site is in reality run so as to provide as little news as possible - in effect, none at all on the site itself and essentially none on the forum - and this tendency has become more apparent, not less, over the years; critical failure to make best use of the asset.

The second most important thing would I think be for Girl Management to get rid of the flash on their site, rewrite it in plain HTML and pay a lot more attention to SEO - their current SEO is awful, largely due to the flash. At the moment it is pretty hard to find reference to Lucy on that site via Google and when you do find it all you get is some very terse and uninformative text - no pictures - on a page which contains similar "military specifications" of several other models and contains no links at all either to anything more about Lucy or to the rest of the site. What information the site does contain about Lucy is concealed from search engines by being in flash format and there still isn't much of it. It is quite hard - far harder than it should be - to casually happen across any reference to who Lucy's management is while browsing the internet, indeed the net at large tends to give the impression that she's still with Neon, and it is the abysmal quality of the GM website which is responsible for this. (Though the official site doesn't help, since its contact page is also in flash - indeed if you google for lucy pinder contact the first result is an old, outdated page on the official website which still points to Neon... not useful.)

Changing tack a bit, the reason Lucy isn't personally (as opposed to professionally) into facebook/myspace is that she simply doesn't see the point. You don't need a special website to keep in touch with friends when you can simply ring them up! And it's easier too! Facebook is an awkward site, and myspace isn't much better...

(Which is exactly the way I see it, except I substitute "email them" or "drive over and see them" for "ring them up", but the principle is the same...)
--disabled--

Contributions: 263

Fake Lucy and Nuts profiles on facebookPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:38 am    Subject: Fake Lucy and Nuts profiles on facebook Reply with quote

Well said Pigeon, I agree with all of that. I guess the thing I was trying to say was that Facebook and other social networking sites can be a good way to funnel people to an official site. And as you said a website needs to be able to keep people. Just like yours does. Social networking could never take the place of an informative, up to date, user friendly and well managed website. Smile

"Changing tack a bit" I don't confuse business with personal. I much rather just stop by a friends house. So I'll just drive over and see you, than we'll head to the pub. Beer
Pigeon
Site Admin

Fake Lucy and Nuts profiles on facebookPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:16 am    Subject: Fake Lucy and Nuts profiles on facebook Reply with quote

My notifier-of-fakes-of-particular-concern has sent two more IDs:

First one is easily reportable as a fake profile. Second one doesn't give that option so probably "scam" is the most appropriate one to use.
Pigeon
Site Admin

Fake Lucy and Nuts profiles on facebookPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:17 am    Subject: Fake Lucy and Nuts profiles on facebook Reply with quote

OK chaps, here's another rather egregious fake profile... Link made unclickable to keep it off the search engines...

www.facebook.com/people/Lucy-Pinder/100001921805863

Everyone please report this, as a fake profile impersonating a celebrity.

Edit: The page has now been deleted. Thanks to everyone who reported it Thumb Up!

Whoever's done this has done fake profiles before and had them deleted, but keeps coming back and setting up new ones.

I've also an idea that they read the official forum and probably this one too. So in case they read this thread... just pack it in sunshine, stop pretending to be Lucy, it's not big and it's not clever and your fake profiles WILL be searched out and deleted.

It was using this as its profile pic:

Pigeon
Site Admin

Fake Lucy and Nuts profiles on facebookPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 1:25 am    Subject: Fake Lucy and Nuts profiles on facebook Reply with quote

Everyone please report this disgusting rubbish for inappropriate content... link declickified to keep it off the search engines...

www.facebook.com/pages/Lucy-pinder/203445433016178
RockyMoney

Contributions: 2276

Fake Lucy and Nuts profiles on facebookPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 12:00 pm    Subject: Fake Lucy and Nuts profiles on facebook Reply with quote

Ranting Furious
Pigeon
Site Admin

Fake Lucy and Nuts profiles on facebookPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 3:06 pm    Subject: Fake Lucy and Nuts profiles on facebook Reply with quote

It has now been deleted Big Grin thanks to everyone who reported it! Thumb Up!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Site News and Queries All times are GMT

Jump to: