Lucy Pinder Photo Gallery Lucy Pinder Videos Index Lucy Pinder Television Website on Facebook LucyPinderNews and LPinderOfficial twitter feeds
Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index Facebook button Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum
Lucy Pinder - Pictures, News, Videos - The One-Stop Shop

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister (Problems? See here)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Twitter button Lucy Pinder Videos Index

Deliberately damaging pictures

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AKJB

Contributions: 5

Deliberately damaging picturesPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:02 pm    Subject: Deliberately damaging pictures Reply with quote

I have asked this question on the official forum but have failed to obtain a satisfactory answer. I have been recommended to ask here.

One of the pictures from the feature in the recent issue of Nuts was posted on Myspace, but not in its original form. Instead it was turned back to front. Also two of the pictures in the magazine itself were turned back to front. Also in the (disappointing anyway) official 2010 calendar nearly half the pictures were back to front. There are many other examples.

My question is: Why do people do this? It does not look good. It makes the pictures look as if they are pictures of an impostor: one of those models like Alice Goodwin or Jaime Whatshername, who appear in the Daily Star headlined as "the new Lucy" in imitations of Lucy's poses. It is not a good thing to do. It brings no benefit to the people who do not mind it, and it damages the pictures in the eyes of the people who do object: I cannot imagine that I am the only one. It looks especially silly when the pictures include Lucy's wrist tattoo apparently on the wrong wrist.

I imagine that Lucy thinks her right side is her "good side" since her pictures are always taken from the right. This does not explain or excuse damaging them by turning them back to front.

The responses to this point on the official forum have been unsatisfactory to say the least and in some cases just plain rude: even one of the moderators responded to a simple question with needless anger. I am told that things are different here. It would be good if someone on this forum could be of more help.
RockyMoney

Contributions: 2276

Deliberately damaging picturesPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:22 pm    Subject: Deliberately damaging pictures Reply with quote

I don't think Lucy has any choice in the matter in case you are wondering, I think Nuts do it so the photos can be aligned with a sort of symmetry with other pictures, if you ask me its completely stupid. Nuts do it without thinking about the loyal fan base, non Lucy followers probably dont realize this but thats also silly because Lucy is the most popular and favorite Nuts model ever *fact* so its a mystery why they dont fix this, people sending emails and letters to Nuts would help if they received enough complaints.
Pigeon
Site Admin

Contributions: 6640

Deliberately damaging picturesPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:09 pm    Subject: Deliberately damaging pictures Reply with quote

Yes... really there are three separate situations here - Nuts and mags/papers in general, calendars, and myspaz etc.

RockyMoney is, er, on the money as far as magazines are concerned... magazine layout designers are some of my most hated people on the planet. They are taught at layout designer college (entrance exam: Can you spell your own name? If you can, you're too intelligent to be a layout designer) that it is positively desirable to do stupid things like reversing pictures, overlapping them with other pictures and covering them with massive headlines and stupid "jokes" that even a retarded amoeba wouldn't find funny, and they have an ivory-tower attitude that anyone who doesn't think this is a good thing must be wrong because they haven't been to layout designer college so they don't know anything. I then have to spend hours editing my scans from the mags to get rid of all this rubbish...

And indeed Lucy doesn't have any control over what Nuts do with the pictures.

It's not just Nuts who are afflicted by these parasites either, all magazines on any subject waste money employing idiots to mess the pictures up.

With calendars there is of course no page layout to consider but for some reason people who make them - all calendars on any theme, not just Lucy's or glamour calendars - still seem to think it's necessary to waste money on getting some moronic firm of layout designers to "produce" them. Goodness knows why since all that is necessary is to take the pictures and put a list of dates at the bottom, and a five-year-old could do that. Nobody cares about silly fluff and decoration, they just want good pictures. And the money wasted on this pointlessness would be better off in Lucy's pocket, increasing her profits from the calendar sales.

Lucy does have control over what happens to the pics in the calendar but it is one of the greatest tragedies that she can't herself see the problem with reversing them, and since all possible feedback channels are censored by people who don't allow anything through which isn't sufficiently sycophantic there's pretty well no chance of her getting any appreciation of the existence of people who object to pics being reversed.

Myspaz and the like are a third matter and all I can say here is that regrettably the official site seem to be pretty oblivious to concerns of quality and are happy to put any old rubbish up. One example that springs to mind is when Lucy did her "Independent Woman" shoot in Maxim and it was advertised on the front page of the official site by means of a terrible scan of the front cover which was bright red and made Lucy look like a boiled lobster. Another example is putting up scans disfigured by horrendous screening artefacts. And unfortunately they have the attitude that if they think one thing and fans think another then it's the fans who are wrong... "the customer is always right" seems to be an unknown concept.

I'm sorry not to be able to offer you anything better than what can be summarised as "the endemic stupidity of the human species" - I would very much like to know better myself. But I hope it's of some use Smile
RockyMoney

Contributions: 2276

Deliberately damaging picturesPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:37 pm    Subject: Deliberately damaging pictures Reply with quote

Boiled lobster Hehe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder All times are GMT

Jump to: