Lucy Pinder Photo Gallery Lucy Pinder Videos Index Lucy Pinder Television Website on Facebook LucyPinderNews and LPinderOfficial twitter feeds
Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index Facebook button Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum
Lucy Pinder - Pictures, News, Videos - The One-Stop Shop

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister (Problems? See here)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Twitter button Lucy Pinder Videos Index

Debate : Is it fair that Lucys so successful?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SledgeHammer

Contributions: 714

Debate : Is it fair that Lucys so successful?Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:17 am    Subject: Debate : Is it fair that Lucys so successful? Reply with quote

Hey everyone, I'd like to get your opinion on something..
So I've gotten to thinking, "Wow. Lucy was 'discovered' on a beach, now she's at the top of the glamour industry." but then I started to remember how she wanted to be a school teacher or something?
So now I want to know, is it fair that Lucys so successful or I'n fact, is it fair that Lucys even a model at all? I mean, she was discoverers! Do you think that someone who wanted to be a model should have gotten a chance?
Please discuss.

I'll voice my opinion, I think that for a girl who was "discovered" Lucys done very well, and she really does deserve the praise she gets.
fan101

Contributions: 390

Debate : Is it fair that Lucys so successful?Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:32 am    Subject: Debate : Is it fair that Lucys so successful? Reply with quote

i think it should be want the people want supply and demand and there is alot of demand (and shes got a lot of supply Big Laugh Big Laugh )
Pigeon
Site Admin

Contributions: 6645

Debate : Is it fair that Lucys so successful?Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:56 am    Subject: Debate : Is it fair that Lucys so successful? Reply with quote

Simple Smile

Not unusual to get a start by being "discovered". Michelle was too, IIRC.

Huge numbers of women want to be models; thousands try; almost none of them get anywhere... not from lack of a "chance", but, bluntly, because they aren't good enough. Lucy, however, is... just beauty is not enough; Lucy has the very rare personal qualities which are needed to succeed in a very competitive business which despite what people think has a heck of a lot more to it than just standing in front of a camera with your clothes off.

Lucy getting that chance didn't stop anyone else getting a chance: there are not a fixed number of chances waiting to be allocated like concert tickets or something Smile

Lucy has gone from there to the top of the business because she is bloody good at what she does. It is eminently fair that that chance went to her - because nobody else could have put it to such good use.

Not just in becoming a top model, either, but in all the less apparent aspects to do with how she runs her life around it and makes the most - her most, not the stereotypical "most" - of the unique privileges of lifestyle it affords her, and gains far more benefit from it either than she could from a "normal" lifestyle or than anyone else would from being in her position... benefits which cannot fairly be judged as "oh, it's not that much really" standards, for to do so is to miss the point by seeing things from the narrow viewpoint of the rat race. Lucy has far more in terms of freedom than the vast majority of the unfortunate inhabitants of this planet, and that is what is really important.

Fair? Oh yes. There couldn't be a more deserving person than Lucy - both in terms of being equipped and able to put her opportunity to the best use possible, and in terms of being a deserving person who is worthy of such a privilege. If it isn't "fair", then the entire concept of "fair" is meaningless Smile
snowflake

Contributions: 663

Debate : Is it fair that Lucys so successful?Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:31 pm    Subject: Debate : Is it fair that Lucys so successful? Reply with quote

Above all, thank for having opened this debate.

Last edited by snowflake on Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
EVISU

Contributions: 383

Debate : Is it fair that Lucys so successful?Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:48 pm    Subject: Debate : Is it fair that Lucys so successful? Reply with quote

ill say yes
Poggy

Contributions: 581

Debate : Is it fair that Lucys so successful?Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:51 pm    Subject: Debate : Is it fair that Lucys so successful? Reply with quote

Everyone is discovered?

That is the only way you can go on. Yes you might enter a competition. Even then though you still have to be discovered by someone in that competition.

As for Lucy making to the top. This doesn't just come about. It takes hardwork. Especially when you make some bad career choice or others around you do. I have said this recently to someone in private here. I do think Lucy has been mismanaged by two agency in her career. So just think how much further she could have gone. Also going to do things that have held Lucy back. Mostly in my opinion against her better judgement I'd believe. As from what I have read, seen and charactised from Lucy. Some of the things she done in her career wasn't her choice or would have been what she'd have thought of doing.

To do also what Lucy does doesn't just take looks. You have to have the right skin tone for photographic modelling. You have to have a personality to host and present. A desire and determination to succeed to get to the top. Good business sense and will to prove people wrong when something backfires.

Yes Lucy is at the top and rightly so. Lucy works hard to be there!
snowflake

Debate : Is it fair that Lucys so successful?Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:37 pm    Subject: Debate : Is it fair that Lucys so successful? Reply with quote

snowflake wrote:
Above all, thank for having opened this debate.

... But in fact no thanks! Hehe I had your question in the head during all the day and I never found the good words and arguments to answer! My brain bugs on it! Headache "fair", "discovered", "deserving", "work", "succesfull", "glamour modeling", "Lucy Pinder". I feel something insane, nonsense or blurred between that union of words and the actual context. Wry
I could criticize some comments of each one but it won't make more the problem move. So maybe later...
snowflake

Debate : Is it fair that Lucys so successful?Posted: Sat May 14, 2011 1:03 pm    Subject: Debate : Is it fair that Lucys so successful? Reply with quote

revelation! Idea Pippa Middleton has been discovered Hehe . Would it be fair if she succeeds in a glamour or pr0n career? Bizarre question! Her success is guaranteed before begining a career! Now, the success is depending of the public demand. This is a twister wich calls all the tools, means, opportunities for wich some people know there's some money to win... And next, we can wonder really in what she could find the proundness of her success: her own work or only her image... In all cases, Lucy is at her place now cos the things made that she continued...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder All times are GMT

Jump to: