Lucy Pinder Photo Gallery Lucy Pinder Videos Index Lucy Pinder Television Website on Facebook LucyPinderNews and LPinderOfficial twitter feeds
Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index Facebook button Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum
Lucy Pinder - Pictures, News, Videos - The One-Stop Shop

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister (Problems? See here)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Twitter button Lucy Pinder Videos Index

Debate : All models dumb?
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Other models
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SledgeHammer

Contributions: 702

Debate : All models dumb?Posted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:17 am    Subject: Debate : All models dumb? Reply with quote

I just got to thinking there, so let's get a friendly debate going here Smile

Okay, so I was think that a majourity of glamour models seen on reality shows, such Imma Celebrity & BigBrother are, "dumb" & usually "blonde". I'm trying not to offend blondes here, I'm just stating something.
So, I was really surprised to hear Lucy was going on BigBrother, because honestly, she's really smart, and... I don't know thee word, Just read her laid colum, you'll understand what I mean.
Which is why I was a bit disappointed I missed BigBrother, cause I'm sure her attitude would've been different from the likes
Of I'm a celebs models, whom i've had the displeasure of watching.

So bottom line is, an there is where the debate comes in.
Are the majourity of glamour models outside of mags and in reality all a bit dumb, or just the ones on reality tv?
Because look at Lucy, I'd say she ain't like any of those disasters on TV.

Also, here's another question.
Do you think more models like Lucy should be more public to show not all models are thick, and are in fact intelligent, and most importantly, super dead on and friendly rather than spoilt?
Or is all hope lost, and the common stereotype we see on reality TV and have in the majority of peoples mind the impression we will always have on models?
Pigeon
Site Admin

Contributions: 6640

Debate : All models dumb?Posted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:42 am    Subject: Debate : All models dumb? Reply with quote

Well, I fully agree that there is a stereotype of models as dumb slags; I also consider it to be a pernicious evil, and false.

I would consider the main cause of its existence to be the public perception that modelling involves nothing more than standing in front of a camera with your clothes off, "and anyone could do that". This is a very long way from the truth. Plenty of people who think that end up sending their pictures into Nuts and similar, and the amount of rubbish in the Nuts galleries devoted to such pics is itself a fair refutation of the idea.

Modelling is a form of static acting, and requires very similar kinds of talent. You have to know how to project yourself to the camera and have a good appreciation on the instinctive level of what to do to make yourself look good, how to make the pictures look like proper modelling pictures instead of like daft snapshots. Lucy is very good at this projection thing - it's quite obvious when you compare her shoot videos with the still pictures from the same shoots; it is the still camera she is aiming her projection at, and there is a deep quality of attractiveness to the still pics which goes a long way beyond the merely physical and which is not so apparent in the videos since the videos are not the target of her projection. But when she is filmed for TV that same quality does appear in the moving footage.

Furthermore, it is a highly competitive business and you don't stay in it long if you are nothing but a dumb bimbo. It is notable that not only Lucy but most of the other models who have made a long term career of it are above average in the intelligence stakes. Sophie and Malene are two examples who spring to mind as having a good bit between the ears.

Another factor which drives the stereotype is the existence of those who, lacking in this necessary intelligence, substitute yo-yo-knickers behaviour to maintain their presence in the gossip media; the media's appetite for such things gives them a disproportionate amount of coverage and contributes to the false impression that such things are more widespread than they really are.

Lucy's stint on BB was doomed to be a disaster from before it started precisely because she does not conform to this stereotype. The viewers of the show mostly didn't know who she was before it started - I remember my server being hammered into the ground by people trying to find out - and when they found she was a model they immediately expected her to act the dumb slag, and when they were disappointed by her being exactly the opposite, expressed that disappointment by execration. Furthermore, those who did know who she was from her appearances in the Daily Star were actively encouraged to expect dumb-slag-type behaviour by a series of filthy and libellous articles published by the Star before she went in, which were not only complete fabrication but known to be complete fabrication by the Star - they suggested such things as that Lucy would spend the time engaging in lesbian orgies with the other female inmates to curry favour with the viewers, and frankly if I'd been Lucy I would have sued the a**e off them for publishing such a volume of stupid lies.

Lucy and others of her calibre do show, when they get the chance, that they are intelligent, friendly, pleasant and "super dead on" people. Unfortunately the scurrilous media don't appreciate this sort of thing, they prefer disreputable behaviour that they can write sensationalist nonsense about. And the intelligent sectors of the media take very little notice - the right wing parts of it think models are beneath their notice, because of the false stereotypes, and the left wing parts of it are too full of the kind of idiot "feminists" who don't realise that their extremism brings the whole of feminism into disrepute to give modelling and models any positive coverage.

There is a huge amount of work to do to educate the public and counteract the false stereotypes and the activities of the scurrilous media who continue to promote said stereotypes out of self-interest. It is a frequent cause of depression and anger in me that even notably intelligent people allow themselves to become so prejudiced by uncritical acceptance of the stereotypes that they wilfully refuse to listen when I try and explain that the stereotypes are false. But, while it may be really hard, I don't think it's impossible - otherwise there'd be little point me running this website Smile
SledgeHammer

Debate : All models dumb?Posted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:04 am    Subject: Debate : All models dumb? Reply with quote

Thanks for your input pigeon, you really did deliver.
I also can't believe daily star said thongs like that, give Lucy some respect.
Also, I appreciate you trying to show people the intelligent and "super dead on" side of models by this site, keep up the good work.
Yes, I'd seen you use my "dead on" quote Smile

I'm thinking now, if I'd managed to shorten down the question a bit, and send it to Lucy via laid, what her anwser would be? I'll have to think about that, I don't like it when nuts talk about only sexual stuff, and I don't want to be a hypocrite. Altough this is rather different I suppose.
Whatta you think?
Pigeon
Site Admin

Contributions: 6640

Debate : All models dumb?Posted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:38 pm    Subject: Debate : All models dumb? Reply with quote

I think that would be a great idea, and it doesn't to me fall into the category of "only sexual stuff" - it's about combating stereotypes, which as I mentioned is something Lucy does well when she gets the chance - such as on Nuts TV or The Weakest Link Smile - And then there's the way that turning sexist attitudes back on their holders was part of how she worked her switch on The Real Hustle Smile
RockyMoney

Contributions: 2276

Debate : All models dumb?Posted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:39 pm    Subject: Debate : All models dumb? Reply with quote

Thumb Up!
Random_dude365

Contributions: 324

Debate : All models dumb?Posted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:03 pm    Subject: Debate : All models dumb? Reply with quote

Yes this is the stereotype but I'm sure most of them are just like everyone else but there will always be let us say the slow ones in this proffession like any others.

I think it comes from people that think that it doesn't take much talent or intelligence to whip your top off in front of cameras.
tford

Contributions: 363

Debate : All models dumb?Posted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:13 pm    Subject: Debate : All models dumb? Reply with quote

Very well said Pigeon totally agree, Lucy actually is a fantastic writer proven by her columns and that response letter she wrote to that women about models and rape.
kilbs

Contributions: 214

Debate : All models dumb?Posted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:30 pm    Subject: Debate : All models dumb? Reply with quote

and shes bright and witty and really sparky look at her nuts tv presenting vids Smile
sexybeast

Contributions: 755

Debate : All models dumb?Posted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:15 pm    Subject: Debate : All models dumb? Reply with quote

Points to consider....These models make more money than any of us...They have more fun doing their jobs than any of us do during our leisure time...And they have idiots like us treat them like goddesses all the time...if thats dumb then believe me guys i wanna be dumbest SOB that ever lived Hehe
Chris

Contributions: 726

Debate : All models dumb?Posted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:26 pm    Subject: Debate : All models dumb? Reply with quote

My opinion is that the media makes models look a lot dumber than they actually are. I also feel that, since we don't know these models in person, we can't/shouldn't judge their intelligence. Once you actually get to know these people and talk to them, you will find out that they're a lot smarter than they appear on TV or in the media.

As Random_dude365 said, there are people who are slower and smarter than others in every line of work. Models just get a bad reputation because they don't necessarily have to be intelligent to whip their clothes off for people.
EriK

Contributions: 30

Debate : All models dumb?Posted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:15 am    Subject: Debate : All models dumb? Reply with quote

sexybeast wrote:
Points to consider....These models make more money than any of us...They have more fun doing their jobs than any of us do during our leisure time...And they have idiots like us treat them like goddesses all the time...if thats dumb then believe me guys i wanna be dumbest SOB that ever lived Hehe

I like your point of view! Thumb Up! Big Laugh
SledgeHammer

Debate : All models dumb?Posted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:13 am    Subject: Debate : All models dumb? Reply with quote

Some great adds, thanks guys.

Does anyone else think I should shorten this and ask Lucy, if someone else would like too or has already done so, please say so here.
Chris

Contributions: 726

Debate : All models dumb?Posted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:44 am    Subject: Debate : All models dumb? Reply with quote

SledgeHammer wrote:
Some great adds, thanks guys.

Does anyone else think I should shorten this and ask Lucy, if someone else would like too or has already done so, please say so here.

I don't see why not. I'm sure Lucy would appreciate your comments and questions.
Poggy

Contributions: 579

Debate : All models dumb?Posted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:46 pm    Subject: Debate : All models dumb? Reply with quote

Simple really. You get dumb people in life and brainy people. So why would it be different with models. They are just people like the rest of us.
SledgeHammer

Debate : All models dumb?Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:22 am    Subject: Debate : All models dumb? Reply with quote

Poggy wrote:
Simple really. You get dumb people in life and brainy people. So why would it be different with models. They are just people like the rest of us.

That's obvious. But not the point.
That statement, what I'm trying to ask is, are models being stereotyped by the media into looking dumb?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Other models All times are GMT
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Jump to: