Lucy Pinder Photo Gallery Lucy Pinder Videos Index Lucy Pinder Television Website on Facebook LucyPinderNews and LPinderOfficial twitter feeds
Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index Facebook button Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum
Lucy Pinder - Pictures, News, Videos - The One-Stop Shop

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister (Problems? See here)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Twitter button Lucy Pinder Videos Index

DAILY STAR LOSES THE PLOT
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pigeon
Site Admin

Contributions: 6640

DAILY STAR LOSES THE PLOTPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:20 pm    Subject: DAILY STAR LOSES THE PLOT Reply with quote

There is now a thread running on the Daily Star's own forum about this.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/forum/view/2140/Daily-Star-45-Less-Glamour-45-Ignoring-the-masses-/1/

Several people have already declared their unhappiness. Perhaps they will take a bit more notice of people criticising them in public on their own website? We can but hope...

It's perfectly safe to sign up and add your own comments, they don't spam you or sell your email address to people.
Nwbw08

Contributions: 1

DAILY STAR LOSES THE PLOTPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:29 pm    Subject: DAILY STAR LOSES THE PLOT Reply with quote

I have heard their current radio campaign. it makes a lot of the fact that is a paper for women to, not just men, with a female readership of 500K (IIRC) It is possible that they are trying to develop a wider readerbases and assume that women wont buy if glamour pics feature predomently in the paper. This may or may not be true, however I think the campaign is very patronising to their female readers and if what I have read here is true, their core readership will go elsewhere.

Incidently, this is my first post and you have a great forum
Pigeon
Site Admin

DAILY STAR LOSES THE PLOTPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:22 am    Subject: DAILY STAR LOSES THE PLOT Reply with quote

Nwbw08 wrote:
Incidently, this is my first post and you have a great forum

Thanks Blush

Nwbw08 wrote:
I have heard their current radio campaign. it makes a lot of the fact that is a paper for women to, not just men, with a female readership of 500K (IIRC) It is possible that they are trying to develop a wider readerbases and assume that women wont buy if glamour pics feature predomently in the paper. This may or may not be true, however I think the campaign is very patronising to their female readers and if what I have read here is true, their core readership will go elsewhere.

Haven't heard it myself (don't listen to the radio) but I can well imagine it being patronising just on general principles...

(Not sure about the 500k, that would be well over half the circulation I think...)

It's not a new concern, as I posted on the previous page:

Dawn Neesom interview, 2004 wrote:
Yet it has faced a struggle to appeal more widely to women readers.

Neesom responds that she has increased the proportion from around 30 to 40 per cent by using "less laddish" headlines and photographs of women celebrities rather than "gratuitous models".

Thing is to keep its breadth of appeal it has to avoid going too far. It can't make itself into a daily version of OK magazine without losing the male readership. Having one spread of glamour feature (apart from page 3) in the whole issue will not put many women off, but will significantly increase its appeal to men, and the overall circulation will rise.

Page 3 itself doesn't seem to be in any danger but its loss of popular favourites like Lucy is definitely a bad move; Poggy may well be right that this is simply a cost-cutting exercise but I do think it is a misguided one and that the savings on shoots will be counteracted by less obvious losses of sales... the fact that sales have been rising anyway due mainly to undercutting the competition unhelpfully obscures any reduction due to suboptimal content.

The Star website itself provides evidence that Lucy generates interest comparable with anything else they print; the "top searches" list on the search page, now that it has started working again, gives this set of results tonight:

Note that all the entries in that list are both (a) gossip-related and (b) reasonably current for the most part... apart from one. Lucy. Even though she hasn't been in the Star for ages she still generates enough interest to be the only "glamour" entry on the list of top searches (Jordan doesn't count, it's only there for its gossip value). Definite proof that if she was in the Star regularly there would be a lot of interest and the circulation figures would unquestionably benefit.
kiwi

Contributions: 160

DAILY STAR LOSES THE PLOTPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:18 am    Subject: DAILY STAR LOSES THE PLOT Reply with quote

just tried signing up to have a rant about the lack of glamour in the star recently and it's not letting me in BangHead
Pigeon
Site Admin

DAILY STAR LOSES THE PLOTPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:25 am    Subject: DAILY STAR LOSES THE PLOT Reply with quote

Try again in a day or two, I ended up with one working login and about three non-working ones all pointing to different email addresses because it was playing SBs with me.
fan101

Contributions: 390

DAILY STAR LOSES THE PLOTPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 8:03 pm    Subject: DAILY STAR LOSES THE PLOT Reply with quote

it will die if they dont show the main puling factor but really its full of self rightous bs
manstyle12

Contributions: 594

DAILY STAR LOSES THE PLOTPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 6:18 pm    Subject: DAILY STAR LOSES THE PLOT Reply with quote

i know mat
fan101

Contributions: 390

DAILY STAR LOSES THE PLOTPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:48 am    Subject: DAILY STAR LOSES THE PLOT Reply with quote

the only reson i would buy the daily star is to see topless glamor models and lucy Smile Smile Smile
Pigeon
Site Admin

DAILY STAR LOSES THE PLOTPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:40 pm    Subject: DAILY STAR LOSES THE PLOT Reply with quote

I've just found there's a Daily Star Page 3 facebook page.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem very active, the last post from an actual Star person was back in August. But nevertheless it may well be worthwhile for people to post on there in support of getting Lucy back as a regular. I have Smile
qwertiebertie

Contributions: 239

DAILY STAR LOSES THE PLOTPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:11 pm    Subject: DAILY STAR LOSES THE PLOT Reply with quote

no lets start a campaign to get her in the sun instead
Poggy

Contributions: 579

DAILY STAR LOSES THE PLOTPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:46 am    Subject: DAILY STAR LOSES THE PLOT Reply with quote

qwertiebertie wrote:
no lets start a campaign to get her in the sun instead

Wash your mouth out that man. Even with Lucy in the Scum wouldn't I buy it Thumb Down

Also think it would be a bad career move. As a lot of Scum models are stiffled. Plus lots of there shoots are not done very well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder All times are GMT

Jump to: