Lucy Pinder Photo Gallery Lucy Pinder Videos Index Lucy Pinder Television Website on Facebook LucyPinderNews and LPinderOfficial twitter feeds
Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index Facebook button Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum
Lucy Pinder - Pictures, News, Videos - The One-Stop Shop

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister (Problems? See here)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Twitter button Lucy Pinder Videos Index

Daily Mail Sensationalism
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Poggy

Contributions: 579

Daily Mail SensationalismPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:52 am    Subject: Daily Mail Sensationalism Reply with quote

Pigeon wrote:

- The study didn’t ask girls whether they "wanted to be glamour models". It asked 1,000 girls aged 15-19 whether they’d rather be like "Abi Titmuss, Germaine Greer or Anita Roddick", and 63% picked Titmuss.

Titmuss was a nurse. She had to be better at doing that than anything else she's done Hehe
snowflake

Contributions: 663

Daily Mail SensationalismPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:59 am    Subject: Daily Mail Sensationalism Reply with quote

Pigeon wrote:
Hehe Seems I was right about there being dodgy stuff in that article selected by the editor...
article wrote:
Walter's theory is borne out by statistics – a 2005 poll revealed that 63% of young women would rather be glamour models than nurses, doctors or teachers.

The reality of this poll was...
- It wasn't a proper statistical survey, it was a publicity exercise.
- The study didn’t ask girls whether they "wanted to be glamour models". It asked 1,000 girls aged 15-19 whether they’d rather be like "Abi Titmuss, Germaine Greer or Anita Roddick", and 63% picked Titmuss.
- It quite possibly never even happened at all, they just made it up.

This article is very interessant and precious for me. Thanks P.! Thumb Up! I coud write many pages of comments but i will begin slowly by comment the poll and the light you did on.

It's not important if the poll respected the rules of a standard survey or not. Anyway the figures can take the sense of what we want to interprate in them. That i find important is that i noticed that the worth of human paramater at this precise moment of life (15-19) is evaded by everybody. If i give a worth at this parameter, well, it makes me think that this poll doesn't have a great sense. To make short, it's like it was asked to future women what kind of woman do they want to look like in a moment or the question is only in becoming women. At this age the processus of individualization and feminisation is an enormous and delicate crossroad to cross and not every one is armed the same way. But mainly, this evolution drives them to express feminine worths by concrete ideas like obvious feminine beauty, money security, easy job, fame, sex-appeal, etc, (incluing of course all there is in staring careers of showbuisness) rather than to express something about career when the choice is given, over all when these careers are not very appealing in a sexualisation sense. So, a poll for saying a truth in summary. Shrug
Every interpretations i can read make me feel they are made of an imbroglio of both. Women, don't take it wrongly Big Smile . This elements have to be taken in symbolic way, i'm not saying that they caracterize the women behaviour and that they are all as this inside Wink .

The figures of the poll don't chock me cos i find it normal, here, society doesn't influe on what they become but just give the specific elements of the time culture for expressing what their inside side evolution makes them feel. Where it becomes more serious, it's when these girls use the means of the society for selling her body. For exemple, the deep motivations of Lucy Pinder (wich she certainly doesn't know really herself) for selling her body don't appear in the pictures. Only is transmitted a way of expression and feminine symbols, but not the motivations (even if some of us can feel a little something about it after so many years:) ). But this is said, you know Pigeon that Lucy feels she can serve of model for young women, and so feel responsable of the image she transmits to her... I'm curious to see later if this work and grow up in her head for having an influence on her career evolution. Scratch Chin

Feminists want to battle against a way of expression for the name of the morality behind wich it's so easy and comfortable to hide itself. They are wrong about their target. Lads'mags are spacegoats cos they are unpowerful in front of the real ennemy who certainly sleep in their own home.

Terri White doesn't have to feel guilty. The way of expression that she permited to exist could have offered for women the means for making an experience as she made her own experience by working for Nuts, and made some liberating conclusions for going forward in life better. Roll Eyes Feminists should thank her for this. Hehe
qwertiebertie

Contributions: 239

Daily Mail SensationalismPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:38 pm    Subject: Daily Mail Sensationalism Reply with quote

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2134702/Glamour-model-Lucy-Pinder-covers-drab-outfit-attends-premiere-debut-movie-Strippers-vs-Werewolves.html
linkweed

Contributions: 1132

Daily Mail SensationalismPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:11 am    Subject: Daily Mail Sensationalism Reply with quote

qwertiebertie wrote:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2134702/Glamour-model-Lucy-Pinder-covers-drab-outfit-attends-premiere-debut-movie-Strippers-vs-Werewolves.html

Well any publicity is good publicity I suppose. Wry I guess they were expecting something like this? Hehe But then again 2 years later and this outfit still seems out of the ordinary.

CTLucyFan

Contributions: 31

Daily Mail SensationalismPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:22 am    Subject: Daily Mail Sensationalism Reply with quote

DRAB!? Vomit

Oh, yes, I forgot...apparently Lucy's unforgivable faux pas was that she failed to dress like a pr0n star (viz. in naught but "striped shorts and ankle socks") and "pose provocatively, pouting."

Pigeon, what was that you said about someone needing to be shot in the stomach? Wink

I'm going off somewhere and wait till my blood pressure descends to something less than a stratospheric level...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder All times are GMT

Jump to: