Lucy Pinder Photo Gallery Lucy Pinder Videos Index Lucy Pinder Television Website on Facebook LucyPinderNews and LPinderOfficial twitter feeds
Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index Facebook button Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum
Lucy Pinder - Pictures, News, Videos - The One-Stop Shop

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister (Problems? See here)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Twitter button Lucy Pinder Videos Index

Change of management.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pigeon
Site Admin

Contributions: 6640

Change of management.Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:10 pm    Subject: Change of management. Reply with quote

Well Lucy has done plenty of promotions/PAs for such places. But using her picture in their advertising - no doubt illegitimately - and thereby implying that she's one of the performers, I'd say that's dodgy... reminds me of that Vegas whorehouse that nicks pics of Lucy and other British models Wry
Pigeon
Site Admin

Change of management.Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:43 pm    Subject: Change of management. Reply with quote

Poggy wrote:
Pigeon wrote:

Without the regular magazine features and other mainstream published output the site is guaranteed to be a failure.

I'd say it still is or will be Sad

Why is because that most other models are doing this on their websites in better quality. Not trying it on a mobile site that is never going to reach the same quality.

...and having a PC version of the site whose material is no better quality than the mobile version, failing to take advantage of the platform.

Yes. And a bunch of other reasons too. Like it's had a whole year now to acquire a reputation for being a waste of time - firstly because it was initially done by a hopeless provider, then when it's with a decent provider it still isn't being given the material. Like the way the first several videos on the list are the utterly rubbish ones off the original incarnation of the site which will have people saying "if this is what we get I can't be bothered" and never getting as far as the better quality ones. Like the way there are so many short videos of the same shoot which all look the same, instead of putting them together as one longer video and adding more videos of different shoots. Like the way it's so obviously being run with total disinterest and the absolute minimum of involvement, in contrast to the way other models are doing theirs.

Poggy wrote:
For some reason Lucy always seems to be behind now. When for the past years Lucy was always in front. This really smells to me like someone trying to rest on their laurels Cry

The whole situation has that kind of smell about it, not just the mobile site...

It's now nearly April and Lucy has done ONE thing this year that wasn't essentially a waste of time - that one thing being February's Nuts feature, and even that was only half a feature.

She makes excited posts on twitter about doing things like the Craig Darren shoot / RVDS / Ruth Rose / etc and seems to think it's really great that she's doing them and it makes everything all right... sure she is no doubt getting paid for them, but that's pretty much the only benefit. In the wider view they're pretty pointless. Because nobody ever gets to see any result from them. One pic, two pics... no pics at all from RVDS... Lucy may get the fee for the individual shoot, but she isn't getting any advancement because there's no exposure.

The whole raison d'Ítre of a glamour model is to please her fans... and this is what Lucy is signally failing to do for the last several months Sad

Lucy's dedicated/close fans are getting fed up and impatient with the desperate shortage of published material.

Lucy's "bulk" fans... are simply losing interest. Because they're not being given anything to sustain it.

It's not a pleasant thing to have to say... but Lucy is losing her popularity Cry - and this is Girl Management's fault for failing to get her published.

The fundamental reason people like Craig Darren and RVDS want to shoot Lucy is because she is popular... they're not interested in shooting models that nobody else is interested in.

And Lucy can not keep going by doing things like that... because when the fan community in general loses interest in her because she's not doing any published work, people like RVDS are not going to be interested any more either.

Abandoning published work in favour of this unpublished never-ever-get-seen stuff is simply not a viable plan of action. It's destroying the whole position which makes doing shoots in pink wigs or driving Gallardos possible in the first place.

The published work and the popularity Lucy gains from it is not something that can be arbitrarily discarded - it's absolutely fundamental to the whole thing, and with this no-publication business GM are making Lucy saw off the very branch she's sitting on. Without a safety harness, without a landing mat, and yet somehow making her think "Wheeee... I'm going to fly!" - No, Lucy, you are going to crash Weep
patriot

Contributions: 739

Change of management.Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:02 pm    Subject: Change of management. Reply with quote

Not sure about crash but i can feel in my bones a big bang coming.

I wouldn't like to guess if it's going to be the start of a new road or just the end of one but i feel some thing.

Newbie or half arsed fans don't even try and comprehend it but those of you who have been there with me for the best part of a decade, step back and think for a moment and you'll see it too.

Que Sara
enigmatic319

Contributions: 55

Change of management.Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:51 pm    Subject: Change of management. Reply with quote

Pigeon, I've never seen you so...is pessimistic the right word?! I'm worried about u man!

Somethings got to give Lucy - wise. It does seem she's divorced from her fans, was she ever not though??

**Sigh** Oh, for 2004 - 2005.. Grandad
sexybeast

Contributions: 755

Change of management.Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:10 pm    Subject: Change of management. Reply with quote

We just keep going on and on about what Lucy should or should not be doing...i think there's three basic facts that we would all agrre to...1) We love Lucy Big Smile ..not just for her hot body, great face and blah blah blah..but because she is intelligent, easy going, funny, graceful...2) We credit her with too much intelligence ( U don't have to be a genius to figure out that u'r nothing without your fans...and if u'r not in direct and regular touch with them u can't be a very smart person Roll Eyes)...3) The people around her... be it her family, friends, agents, staff...are misguiding her towards a detrimental and self-destructive career route Sad .....the point is that unless its Lucy herself who wakes up from her deep slumber someday and decides to do something about it..we can keep entertaining ourselves with our criticisms, compliments, theories, complains Wry
Pigeon
Site Admin

Change of management.Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:19 am    Subject: Change of management. Reply with quote

enigmatic319 wrote:
Pigeon, I've never seen you so...is pessimistic the right word?! I'm worried about u man!

Pessimistic indeed... no need to worry about me though, it's Lucy I'm worried about Wry

Bad things have happened to Lucy in the past, but I've been able to maintain an overall upbeat attitude because it's always been clear that Lucy herself has still been functioning underneath it all - she's remained plugged in to reality and her essential wonderfulness has always pushed the crap aside in the end Big Smile

But this time it isn't like that Sad This time it's just as clear that Lucy is not plugged into reality any more. It's the other way round - she's in a state of denial about it, and that's the principal cause of the problem. She's had next to nothing by way of new published work for nine months yet she resolutely refuses to acknowledge that that's a bad thing - even though there's no rational way to view it as anything else.

Things like BB may have been bad for Lucy but at least she held true to herself and something inside her stayed alive and fought it off. This time she's not fighting it on any level. She's just giving in to it.

People who are in a healthy state of mind do not use words like "wonderful" to describe a manager who over several months not only continually lets them down but systematically destroys their future opportunities. They use much shorter words. And they do not wait several months to look for another job.

Especially not people whose earnings are well into six figures. I've had chat with many such people and not one of them would tolerate this sort of treatment. They know they're in a privileged position and they are keen to defend it. They'd be off like a shot... they'd probably get in touch with someone who'd tried to headhunt them in the past, and walk straight into something better. Which Lucy most certainly could do if she got her act together.

My optimism in past bad situations has been founded on the premise that Lucy herself knows what's going on and can eventually fight it off, even if she doesn't do that consciously her instincts (for want of a better word) lead her to achieve the result naturally. This time it's different. That foundation isn't here any more... Lucy has lost touch with her instincts, lost touch with herself.

It's like what patriot said about fans...

patriot wrote:
Newbie or half arsed fans don't even try and comprehend it but those of you who have been there with me for the best part of a decade, step back and think for a moment and you'll see it too.

...applying to Lucy herself Sad Lucy... step back and think, and you'll see it too.

Previously it's been a case of Lucy walking across thin ice which creaks and groans ominously underneath her. This time... she's gone through the ice and come up underneath it... clouted her head on the underside of the ice and doesn't even realise she's drowning Weep

Girl Management have refrozen the hole where she fell in and blocked that... and I'm scratching about on the surface trying to dig through... but I've only got a blunt teaspoon to dig with and I can't even see through the ice to know if I'm digging in the right place.

enigmatic319 wrote:
It does seem she's divorced from her fans, was she ever not though??

Yes... briefly she wasn't, for two or three months when she first went on twitter. For the first time ever she had a channel to communicate directly with her fans one-to-one. And that's what she did... until They realised she was doing it and put a stop to it.

The divorcedness doesn't come from Lucy herself... I'm sure anyone on here who's been to a PA will confirm that Lucy is friendly and outgoing, not ignorant and evasive. It's a barrier imposed by others between Lucy and the fans, and on the rare occasions when those others aren't about the contrast is immense Smile And it's a bidirectional barrier... it keeps Lucy away from the fans as well as keeping the fans away from Lucy. Hence her lack of knowledge of what the fans do and don't appreciate.

sexybeast wrote:
We just keep going on and on about what Lucy should or should not be doing...i think there's three basic facts that we would all agrre to...1) We love Lucy Big Smile ..not just for her hot body, great face and blah blah blah..but because she is intelligent, easy going, funny, graceful...2) We credit her with too much intelligence ( U don't have to be a genius to figure out that u'r nothing without your fans...and if u'r not in direct and regular touch with them u can't be a very smart person Roll Eyes)...3) The people around her... be it her family, friends, agents, staff...are misguiding her towards a detrimental and self-destructive career route Sad .....the point is that unless its Lucy herself who wakes up from her deep slumber someday and decides to do something about it..we can keep entertaining ourselves with our criticisms, compliments, theories, complains Wry

Nearly agree Smile except that I take your bracketed clause in point 2 as being one of the effects of point 3, more or less... see my previous two paragraphs Smile

And the bit I've bolded is an important point too Smile
Pigeon
Site Admin

Change of management.Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:07 pm    Subject: Change of management. Reply with quote

It seems that some brave person has raised the subject of Lucy's lack of output on the official forum Thumb Up! Predictably, though, it hasn't achieved anything Sad

It's got a typical official-site response... deliberately missing the point of the question, failing to answer any of the points raised, providing a bunch of irrelevant waffle in such a way that making any attempt to point out that it doesn't answer the points raised would look like provocation, and generally doing the usual counterproductive thing of trying to whitewash the situation and maintain their ridiculous fantasy that the problems which are staring everyone in the face somehow don't exist.

Why the @$#% do they keep doing this? Who the heck do they think they are helping? They certainly aren't helping Lucy. You can't make problems go away by pretending they don't exist. The only people it does help are the people screwing Lucy over, and if the official site genuinely did have Lucy's interests at heart it would attack those people, not try and paint them lily-white.

Let's have a look....

Questioner wrote:
With the first quarter of this year up Lucy has appeared in 2 Nuts features, shot for a few photographers, and one seemingly long shoot that was split into a couple dozen mobile videos. In her January blog Lucy wrote "I intend to keep refreshing my modelling portfolio to show you all some different sides to me. Watch out for some new pictures coming to the website very soon!" The shoots with the photographers outside of Nuts have provided the fans with around 6 pictures. None from the RVDS, so that ones a wash. No picture updates to the mobile club which I think started last summer. She also wished for
a Loaded shoot but no mention of that anymore either.

Are you people not aware that seemingly overnight she went from being the most popular glamour model to a model that some question if shes still in the industry? On other generic celebrity forums, the last couple Nuts shoots people have commented that she thought she had retired. There must be some reason why she appears to have put her regular Nuts shoots on hold to focus on "refreshing" shoots that produce pictures her fans will never get to see.

A model who's only communication with her fans in 2012 is via twitter retweets and a makeup blog is disheartening to say the least. Hopefully this upcoming quarter her career takes a 180, because I don't know how she will stay relevant with her current production rate.

All very well said Thumb Up! (especially the bit I've bolded). Only bit I'd disagree with is the "2 Nuts shoots" - Lucy has only had one appearance in Nuts this year, not two.

Now let's have a look at the response...

Response wrote:
Nuts shoots seem to be the be all and end all to a lot of people.... Just because Lucy shoots for someone doesn't mean the pics are for general release, they could be for a company commisioning them, the photographers portfolio or Lucys personal portfolio. As much as we would like to see loads of pics, they are probably not taken just so they can be posted for free on the internet!

Point missed by a mile.

It's not just "Nuts shoots"... it's any published work. Sure, the two get conflated because Nuts is all Lucy ever appears in anyway. But it's not about whether or not Lucy is published in Nuts - it's about whether she is published at all. Which currently is not happening.

It's not about whether pics are "posted for free on the internet" either. The point is that that trickle of pics from unseen shoots is all we get now, and it amounts to more or less nothing. Whereas we used to have a regular supply of frequent magazine features and those unseen-shoot pics were just a bonus, now they're the whole thing... and a very tiny thing it is.

The whole point of any glamour model is to provide her fans with pics to enjoy! It's that fan enjoyment that is the foundation of her success. It's because of that fan enjoyment that other people want to do unseen shoots with her in the first place. There's no point blathering on about how many unseen shoots Lucy is getting, if the fans lose interest the unseen-shoot people eventually will too.

At the moment - and for the past several months - Lucy has been giving her fans next to nothing. This is why people on "generic celebrity forums" are thinking she's retired.

It is also why people who know she hasn't retired are getting more and more fed up. Both with the lack of output per se, and with the constant blind ignorant refusal of everyone responsible to even acknowledge the problem, let alone do something about it, or to take the tape off Lucy's mouth and let her talk about it herself.

Response wrote:
Nuts shoots wise, 2 in 12 weeks is actually not bad, that is 8 shoots per year

The players of Brockian Ultra Cricket had better watch out, looks like the official site has found a way of firing missiles at right angles to reality...

For a start it's not "2 in 12 weeks", if we're talking about this year Lucy has had only ONE feature.

And if we look at last year as well... Since June last year Lucy has done only three published shoots. That's four per year - and they haven't even been full sized features. For the most popular glamour model in the country, this is rubbish.

Whereas she had eight published shoots last year which she did before June... equivalent to sixteen per year... and they were proper full-size features.

Something happened in June 2011 which crashed Lucy. Overnight, Lucy's publication rate dropped by a factor of eight. (If you take the size of the features into account as well as their number, it's a factor of sixteen.)

PUBLISHED MATERIAL. That's what it's all about. That's what creates the interest in the first place that makes it possible for Lucy to do anything else at all.

Take away the published material, the interest goes, and Lucy is screwed.
Sad

How many times do I have to point this out before the "official side" develop enough functioning neurons to see the problem? Why do I even have to point it out at all?

Response wrote:
I would say follow Lucys twitter more closely, there are a lot more interesting things than retweets. Banter with her pals, tweets about cars, movies, sport etc, all good stuff

FFS read the original post. The questioner said "A model who's only communication with her fans in 2012 is via twitter retweets..."

Not one of the things cited in the response counts as "communication with her fans". It's either stuff just chucked out there to which any response from fans is ignored, or it's communication with people who are defined by being not "fans". The only interaction Lucy has with "normal" people on twitter is - as stated - retweeting stuff like birthdays which nobody's interested in except the one person who tweeted it in the first place.

Lucy used to communicate with her fans on twitter - up until about this time last year. Until the dead people realised she was being helpful and telling people things they were trying not to tell anyone (eg. why the topless Nuts videos stopped), and stopped allowing her to - overnight, she stopped all fan interaction apart from retweets. Hence my comment above that they ought to take the tape off her mouth and let her respond to things herself.

Response wrote:
From Lucy's twitter I would say she sounds extremely happy with what she is doing

Yeah, like someone falling off a 200-storey building wearing Joo Janta 200 Super-Chromatic Peril Sensitive Sunglasses. Getting half way down and saying "Well, I've fallen a hundred stories and I'm feeling fine..."

With the "official side" saying "yes, Lucy, you're fine, there's no need to pull the ripcord on that parachute, nothing's going to happen. Anyway we've put tape over the ring so you can't find it, you don't need it, you'll do just great without."

And standing around with guns to chase away anyone who tries to drag up any crash mats, or any pigeons flying in and trying to peck the ripcord.

Fast forward to next year and they'll be saying "Oh yes, Lucy's just fine, you're just imagining that bloody smear on the ground..."

Lucy's publication rate dropped overnight by a factor of eight, and has been that way for nine months now.

This is causing people to lose interest, to think she's retired, etc... it is taking away the whole foundation on which she depends.

Those who are responsible for this, and for messing Lucy up to the point where she can't even see the very obvious problem for herself, frankly deserve nothing more than to be put up against the wall and shot.
Shoot
sexybeast

Change of management.Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:46 pm    Subject: Change of management. Reply with quote

Three cheers for Jen Irked ...and the rest of Lucy's (mis)management Thumb Up! ...they must really know something that we don't Wry
Pigeon
Site Admin

Change of management.Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:16 pm    Subject: Change of management. Reply with quote

In which case they need to flaming well tell us Mad

If it's something which is actually good then there is no reason not to tell us. All the more so since they must surely be aware that not telling us is a prime cause of all the complaint.

Or if it's something bad and they're not telling us because they know that (which based on past experience is the much more likely explanation), then what the bleeding heck are they up to doing it in the first place?

As it is the only certainty is that both Lucy and the fans are losing out Sad
sexybeast

Change of management.Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:43 pm    Subject: Change of management. Reply with quote

Hmmm Scratch Chin ...i'm sure they know something that we don't...that could be the only explanation for trying to sabotage Lucy's career...i can't think of another reason that could explain whats happening Shrug
Pigeon
Site Admin

Change of management.Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:35 am    Subject: Change of management. Reply with quote

Well one thing we do know is that the longevity of Lucy's career is not something Jen is bothered about... Sad

Because she agreed that it didn't matter if Lucy's career went down the tubes because of BB...

In public. On the forum. And I remember it even if nobody else does because it was me it was aimed at... and I was pretty horrified to say the least... in fact I think that was the moment I finally fully admitted to myself what a complete sham the official site's claim to "be Lucy" really is...
Marty

Contributions: 562

Change of management.Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:04 pm    Subject: Change of management. Reply with quote

I haven't read the whole of this thread, so apologies if this has been mentioned before, but is it possible that Lucy doesn't actually want to do as much modelling these days?
Pigeon
Site Admin

Change of management.Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:25 pm    Subject: Change of management. Reply with quote

mdk1971 wrote:
I haven't read the whole of this thread, so apologies if this has been mentioned before, but is it possible that Lucy doesn't actually want to do as much modelling these days?

No! That's just it...

One of the few hard facts in this whole mess is Lucy herself (on the mobile blog) saying that she does want to be doing plenty of modelling. She still wants to appear in Nuts. She wants to appear in Loaded again as well. She wants to do TV and film work as well as modelling.

But none of this is happening Sad

Lucy wants to do the work... she just isn't being given the work to do Cry
Marty

Contributions: 562

Change of management.Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:31 pm    Subject: Change of management. Reply with quote

Pigeon wrote:
mdk1971 wrote:

No! That's just it...

One of the few hard facts in this whole mess is Lucy herself (on the mobile blog) saying that she does want to be doing plenty of modelling. She still wants to appear in Nuts. She wants to appear in Loaded again as well. She wants to do TV and film work as well as modelling.

But none of this is happening Sad

Lucy wants to do the work... she just isn't being given the work to do Cry

Fair enough
sexybeast

Change of management.Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:14 pm    Subject: Change of management. Reply with quote

I'm sure this lack of work must have made her boyfriend a really really happy man Hehe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder All times are GMT

Jump to: