Lucy Pinder Photo Gallery Lucy Pinder Videos Index Lucy Pinder Television Website on Facebook LucyPinderNews and LPinderOfficial twitter feeds
Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index Facebook button Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum
Lucy Pinder - Pictures, News, Videos - The One-Stop Shop
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister (Problems? See here)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Twitter button Lucy Pinder Videos Index

Change of management.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
snowflake



Joined: 14 Aug 2010
Contributions: 663
Location: France

Change of management.Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:31 am    Subject: Change of management. Reply with quote


Pigeon wrote:
Poggy wrote:

I don't know if that is quite right Pigeon. I'll give you a example of what I mean...

Take one Jodie Gasson....

This is the type of images that another GM model is doing on her website. Not been used on any mobile site. There is anything from 70 - 120 images in the sets they do. No photoshopping used and just all done with good old make up and camera skill from a photographer.

All the point of this. These are the sort of images that other models are providing. These are on pay sections on their website. Not mobile site.They are more natural than anything Lucy has done for years. Jodie isn't the only one doing these either. Lindsey Strutt, Melissa Debling Emma Frain are just some others doing this. So I don't think GM are fully to blame for things been sectioned out of Lucy shoots or the heavy photoshopping. I think there is more to it than meets the eye. This is just all theory stuff but it could be Lucy. Then again it could be Jen. It could be someone else totally. It could be all of them.



Ah... You've really made a very good point there... Because all four of the models you've cited have left Girl Management and are now with Mode Models


OK i guarded a certain reserve about GM, but now, I can admit there would be a real problem with the way they manage their model. But, this doesn't exclue that Lucy haven't any responsability too for herself. As you said that Lucy Pinder world isn't realy a pink sweet gentle world, well we have to admit Lucy haven't the eyes very open, otherwise she would have quited GM too. But it's not the case. It's not necessarily a problem of intelligency. A lot of guys here can't make otherwise than to be addicted to her diary Lucy fix, is it a problem of intelligency or will for them to do it by another way? No. Something else, perhaps as for LP... Shrug So, in this case I would agree that only an other person than herself could influence the evolution of where she has to go in her career... Wry
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pigeon
Site Admin


Joined: 13 Jan 2009
Contributions: 6645

Change of management.Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:06 pm    Subject: Change of management. Reply with quote


snowflake wrote:
OK i guarded a certain reserve about GM, but now, I can admit there would be a real problem with the way they manage their model. But, this doesn't exclue that Lucy haven't any responsability too for herself. As you said that Lucy Pinder world isn't realy a pink sweet gentle world, well we have to admit Lucy haven't the eyes very open, otherwise she would have quited GM too.


This is the really puzzling thing, as I mentioned in another post recently...

Lucy has had nothing new published since her Lynx campaign apart from three half-size features in Nuts. (The July feature doesn't count as it wasn't new, it was a shoot from the year before which we'd all seen most of already. Ditto the calendar feature as that is essentially a news report on something Lucy did several months before.)

Only three features in over eight months, and not even full-length features at that. That is not an opinion, it is an observed fact. It makes it blindingly obvious that there's something wrong and it seems that everyone can see it except Lucy herself Wry

And since Lucy is neither stupid nor self-destructive, the inevitable conclusion is that someone or ones is exerting some unhealthy influence over her to either prevent her seeing the blindingly obvious, or to prevent her doing something about it Sad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Lucy Pinder
Poggy



Joined: 12 Feb 2009
Contributions: 581

Change of management.Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:18 pm    Subject: Change of management. Reply with quote


I do think that GM is in on this somewhere. I think in a way they are glossing over this by pointing Lucy in the direction of developing their new model talent. Which means they seem to not only working hard to get their new models work and dumping some of that on Lucy. But also covering up the fact that they aren't working hard for Lucy in getting Lucy modelling work. As said though they aren't only them.

So the questions are just how many are in on this and how are they doing it so Lucy doesn't see. That is one question.

As I said before though. It could be even Lucy who is doing this. I know this isn't the easiest reason to stomach. But it could be the correct one Sad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
snowflake



Joined: 14 Aug 2010
Contributions: 663
Location: France

Change of management.Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:13 pm    Subject: Change of management. Reply with quote


I think we have run out every ideas, speculations or not, about this. There's 0.01% of chance that what we say pushes the things. Waiting new events, why not to think about what represents for us this unpowerful feeling of freeing this gentle princess of this dragon, like Saint Georges done it, or Theseus releasing Ariadne of the Minotaur, or Perseus releasing Andromede by killing the Kracken, etc... Big Smile

Pigeon wrote:
And since Lucy is neither stupid nor self-destructive,

Be careful Pigeon! This is the sort of sentence wich makes somebody think you know LP! Hehe
Personnally i can't bring such a judgement positive or negative about the state of intelligency of LP, but, about the "self-destructive", we has to stay very prudent on what it means! We have to be conscious of the existence of the hiden part of the ice-berg in people personality and have some notions of all possibilities on what can happen in it before to claim such a thing... Teacher The system of equations wich governs this situation is more complex than it appears, and personnal parameters of Lucy Pinder more important than we can imagine,I think really... Scratch Chin It's why i refuse to find any logic with GM etcetera, but to try and understand what, where, why our feelings drive us in best intentions for LP. Roll Eyes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pigeon
Site Admin


Joined: 13 Jan 2009
Contributions: 6645

Change of management.Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:55 pm    Subject: Change of management. Reply with quote


Poggy wrote:
I do think that GM is in on this somewhere. I think in a way they are glossing over this by pointing Lucy in the direction of developing their new model talent. Which means they seem to not only working hard to get their new models work and dumping some of that on Lucy. But also covering up the fact that they aren't working hard for Lucy in getting Lucy modelling work. As said though they aren't only them.

So the questions are just how many are in on this and how are they doing it so Lucy doesn't see. That is one question.

As I said before though. It could be even Lucy who is doing this. I know this isn't the easiest reason to stomach. But it could be the correct one Sad


Thing with that last paragraph is that while it would explain some of the more puzzling aspects, it's at odds with what little we have from Lucy herself about what she wants to do. The previous "mobile blog" she talked about wanting to do more modelling, acting and TV work, and the latest one (posted by linkweed in the "exclusive pics" thread) again she says she's been talking to GM about exciting modelling projects she wants to do.

So it seems pretty clear that the unstomachable explanation is not applicable, Lucy herself still wants to rock and roll Big Grin Which is great Big Grin

The problem is that she trusts GM to sort it out for her... whereas I (and anyone else who is judging by observed facts rather than by hope) trust them to carry on the same as they've been doing for the last two years, ie. enthusing Lucy about the possibilities and then doing nothing about them, so things carry on as before with a decreasing regularity of Nuts appearances and nothing else.

(As I said in that thread, because of that dismal track record, I shall need to see actual results - actual appearances by Lucy in print or on screen, or at the least a firm commitment to appearances announced by publisher/producer/someone else outside GM - before I'll be able to believe there really is good news and it's not just GM feeding Lucy bull again.)

Thinking about the really hard one - "how are they doing it so Lucy doesn't see" - The best I can do to relate to that is to say that - sadly - Lucy's like that Wry She finds it much too hard to admit to herself that she's trusted the wrong people. After all, Neon managed to string her along for five years before she wised up to them.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Lucy Pinder
Poggy



Joined: 12 Feb 2009
Contributions: 581

Change of management.Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:51 am    Subject: Change of management. Reply with quote


Pigeon wrote:


The previous "mobile blog" she talked about wanting to do more modelling, acting and TV work, and the latest one (posted by linkweed in the "exclusive pics" thread) again she says she's been talking to GM about exciting modelling projects she wants to do.


Blogs can be great. You just can't always take them seriously though. As it's just another soundboard like we use in life. We can speak our intentions. Them intentions though might not have any solid fact behind them. To help them come to light. If that was the case I'd have change careers ten years ago.

Pigeon wrote:
The problem is that she trusts GM to sort it out for her... whereas I (and anyone else who is judging by observed facts rather than by hope) trust them to carry on the same as they've been doing for the last two years, ie. enthusing Lucy about the possibilities and then doing nothing about them, so things carry on as before with a decreasing regularity of Nuts appearances and nothing else.


That is just it. As we've all been saying. We don't want to see anymore Nuts shoots. Their shoots haven't changed in years. What really needs to happen is sit down and thrash out deals with such as OT and maybe others that would use Lucy in other types of styles and with a lot less photoshopping.I know a Nuts shoot would be better than nothing. Do we really want the same thing again though with no vision or feeling in it Scratch Chin
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pigeon
Site Admin


Joined: 13 Jan 2009
Contributions: 6645

Change of management.Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:11 pm    Subject: Change of management. Reply with quote


Three things about Nuts... Smile

1) Nuts themselves - the crushing lack of originality in their shoots, not just with Lucy, but with everyone. India's shoot in this week's issue is a fine example - all the same comments apply as to what they've done with Lucy recently... India herself looks great, but it's yet another of these stretching-the-top-around shoots, and it's yet another of these rubbish "presents..." features instead of giving her the full spread. They really need to wake up and get a bit of spark and inspiration... for the sake of the models, the readers, and their own sales figures.

2) Lucy imitating the style of Nuts shoots in the website shoots, instead of taking advantage of the total lack of restrictions on them to do something inspired and different... whoever thought it was a good idea to so waste a brilliant opportunity is quite simply a massive div. Smile

3) Lucy needs Nuts. It's been her mainstay for so many years, and even more so since the Star threw her away... without Nuts features she'd lose her main source of exposure. Which is a particularly worrying aspect of the slackness of recent months. I'm as enthusiastic as you about the idea of diversifying, of course Smile the more original non-Nuts stuff Lucy does the better Smile but I can't see things developing so as to enable her to keep her end up without Nuts for a long time yet...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Lucy Pinder
Poggy



Joined: 12 Feb 2009
Contributions: 581

Change of management.Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:50 am    Subject: Change of management. Reply with quote


I don't think Lucy needs Nuts anymore. As I'd say there are a few other publications wanting to use Lucy but have been unable to because of the contracts Lucy had with Nuts. I'd bet maybe Zoo would think about a shoot. As it hasn't been able to have Lucy in for years and would boost their sales. I also think both Front and yes FHM would like to have Lucy in them. I mean Lucy's done a lot since the last time Lucy was in FHM. Just think of the feature they could do. Plus it might get Lucy back into the joke 100 Sexiest Women. As Lucy would have recently been in the magazine so would fit into there only recent FHM women list. Some of the motorcycle and car magazines might use Lucy again. This is without even touching the up market stuff. Because remember a quality shoot with Lucy still boost figures.

All that said without even touching the internet sites that would use Lucy. Plus if Lucy got organised and started doing top quality shoots for a members only side to her website and binned the mobile joke. Then all could be rosie. Even without Nuts and it would be a better spread of pictures.

Nuts will never change now. As said before they went through their complete re-style a bit back and actually if you looked at it nothing change. It's still the same stuff featured in it with the same shoots and captions on the pictures it has had for years.

I think we might have to agree to differ on this one Pigeon Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pigeon
Site Admin


Joined: 13 Jan 2009
Contributions: 6645

Change of management.Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:29 pm    Subject: Change of management. Reply with quote


Well, maybe we should... I certainly think it would take a literal miracle to see FHM change their tune Hehe

Interesting point in respect of the second paragraph... Damien Morley has just tweeted that he's in the middle of "processing" a 129-picture set from Lucy's recent shoot Smile and says it should keep "magazines and fans" happy for a year...

Very interesting that he says "magazines"... let's hope this means we will actually see a result from this shoot Smile It could also explain the pictures apparently sticking to the Nuts style since "magazines" is most likely to translate to "Nuts". Also explains the "processing" since the idiot magazines will demand it... (Though he's also just tweeted that he's just "cleaning up the floor" and Lucy doesn't need any help Thumb Up!).

I just hope the "year" bit is a figure of speech because one shoot to cover for the whole year would be pathetic and rubbish... Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Lucy Pinder
snowflake



Joined: 14 Aug 2010
Contributions: 663
Location: France

Change of management.Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:09 am    Subject: Change of management. Reply with quote


Pigeon wrote:
Ah, well.

There are lots of models on twitter, and all of them are friendly and pleasant people who chat with all sorts of other people about what's going on with their modelling or anything else really. Naturally, some of them are more chatty than others, but they all talk to people from all walks of life and none of them are unhelpful or ignorant. (Unless it's to someone whose avatar is a picture of his willy )

Except one. Lucy. She only ever chats with other models and modelling-related people. (Apart from retweeting the birthday idiots, but that doesn't count )

Yet we all know Lucy is a very friendly and chatty person. Some people on here can attest to it personally. She's not at all ignorant and she doesn't have any bull. So what's up?

Well, the first two or three months she was on twitter she was like that. She may not have used it as much as some people but when she did she was friendly and open, just like all the other models, and generally demonstrated that all the good things everyone's said about her are true

Until they realised she was doing it. And then Dr Death prescribed le blocus...

Perhaps the prime example is... you remember when the question on everyone's lips was why aren't there any more topless videos on the Nuts website?

Several people asked that on the official forum and it responded in its usual deliberately unhelpful manner. First it simply ignored the questions. Then, when people continued to ask, it gave one of its bleeding stupid answers that doesn't tell us anything ("She doesn't think it's appropriate" - DUUHHH, we can see that, that's why we're asking...). It then responded to further questioning by claiming that the question had been answered. (Er, no, restating the fact that's puzzling people in different words does not constitute an answer.)

We didn't get any explanation until someone thought to mention it to Lucy herself on twitter. And Lucy did not mess people around with stupid content-free "answers" that aren't answers at all. Lucy did the job properly Lucy came straight out with a proper answer and told us that it was because of the mobile site. And at last we knew.

And I don't think it's any sort of coincidence that it was very soon after that that she overnight stopped talking to anyone except other models etc.....................

It's what I've said time and time again....

Lucy is a kind, good, sensible, helpful person who (in the very rare times when she is free to do so) is perfectly ready to answer questions and generally interact with people in a normal and friendly manner.

But she is surrounded by idiots who, for no discernible reason, hold the opposite view. They insist that the fans should only ever be treated like mushrooms. And they are too stupid and too full of their own self-importance to see that this is of no help at all to anyone - to the fans or to Lucy - and the only thing it achieves is to p*ss people off.

"And God forbid she should be free to indulge in random chat with people about nothing in particular", they say. "Good grief, she might even start being friendly with people we haven't vetted and passed as suitable. Fans. Eurgh. That would never do. It's bad enough having to let her do a PA every couple of years. Can't have that."

And tragically, it is the idiots who are controlling Lucy. Not, as it should be, the other way round

"Blocus" is exactly right... Once again the official site's claim to represent Lucy rings hollow. The reason it has a policy of being deliberately unhelpful is not "because that's how Lucy wants it". It's the other way round. Lucy is not deliberately unhelpful, and we know this because when there isn't anyone on her back she shows it, in public on twitter. It's their idea to treat the fans like dirt and they make Lucy go along with it.

For a brief couple of months Lucy had a brief period of freedom to express herself and communicate with people on her own terms via twitter - and showed herself to be all the good things we all say she is

Until the control freak squad realised that she was using twitter to be nice to people. Until they realised that she had freely provided a useful, helpful answer to a question which they had been doing their best not to answer for months.

And then there was nothing. Very, very suddenly, Lucy stopped using twitter to talk to anyone except other models and modelly people. One day she was normal and the next she clammed up.

No doubt this post will invite the usual pathetic bleating from the "official side" ooooh no it was Lucy's decision nobody tells Lucy what to do blah blah blah spouted without any consideration of whether or not it makes sense. Well, it doesn't. Because it's saying that Lucy went to bed one night as a friendly chatty helpful person and woke up the next morning as an ignorant sod. And I don't believe that for a moment.

(Why is it the "official side" never realises that all the arguments it uses in its attempts to force its autogenous concept of reality on the rest of us only make sense if you take as base axioms one or both of the statements "Lucy is an idiot" or "Lucy is a "? Why does it never realise that a lot of my rants are inspired by the need to make it clear to the world that the idiocy or -ishness is not coming from Lucy? The idiocy and -ishness exists in plain sight, and anyone can see it; most people can't be bothered to think and assume it's coming from Lucy because they don't register that there are other people involved; the official site paints the other people lily-white and insists everything is 100% down to Lucy - this site is the only one trying to tell the world that when stuff goes wrong it's not Lucy's fault.)

And it can't be argued that she's decided to be more private, even. Because if that was the case she'd not be using twitter to chat about her personal doings with other models. If you want privacy you just don't use twitter at all - the whole aim and design of the site is to put things out in public.

For two or three months Lucy was chatty and friendly and helpful and acted just like all the other models on twitter. Then they realised she was using twitter to be friendly and helpful, and got on her case and made her stop doing it.

This is the only explanation which does not rely on assuming bad things about Lucy. It is also the only explanation which fits with the more general observation that people do not as a rule undergo overnight reversals of habit or personality. And if the "official side" don't like it because it makes them look bad then tough - their paradigm makes Lucy look bad, and I care about that even if they don't.

Blocus. Pah. Je m'en fous. Nuke

Thumb Up!
This is official accusations! Hehe I'm aware of all this, this is a concrete description of the situation. But your interpretation refuses to take in count the principal element, middle of the circle, spring of everything wich happens around it: the deep whole personnality of Lucy Pinder.

You use yourself about her some kind forms of mood but they are obviously not enough to constituate a person. And you refuse to see or imagine more cos it could put you in trouble. Maybe you are like Lucy, you don't want to see the other face of the medal (I'm not saying it's volontary). It's why we can't have seen a real evolution in 9 years whereas her potential and her energy was enormous. Not to see the problems -> no conclusion -> no evolution.

People around her are the soul guards, they exist for this politic cos she accepts and need the situation for feeling protected. That has to be protected is before all her magic but illusory image wich says that every is beautiful, perfect and innocent. It's her world, her bubble, her cage but her chrysallis too. I could write many pages about the possible reasons of that but it's not the aim of this post.

Of course, we can see the limits of this system cos we follow the situation in the details since a long time. Smile And what a long time it must be for her too! I think she feels something wrong inside but she maybe don't realize really, it's why we can see any bizarre behaviours of her career. i.e. stopping naked breast vids and pics at some moments, periods without something in Nuts, tatoo, and this heavy castrated need of expressing! ("castrated" cos her personnality doesn't have the right to express thet it makes of her an object). Why not thinking that GM or Nuts let her down cos it's more & more difficult for them to understand her moods and wills, and to work in more quantitative way? I don't think my scenario is more speculative than yours. There's a big thought of humanity and it brings the hope that the solution will come from Lucy herself (soon).

We already had seen in the past she wanted by some opportunities to bring a better intellectual note on what people thinks about models. This is impossible cos it's a nonsense: model is model, nothing else. If she wants to evolve, well she has to become something else wich gives another consideration, like this new job in GM. But nobody believes in it really cos it's not very speaking! Hehe It's a too easy and illusory way for us as for her. Smile It's necessary to see the reality for evolving. It's necessary she accepts to see and understand what the clown expresses and makes her feel, and next to fight him Hehe . But all this asks for a piece of courage: to quit a siren life for working with whole reality is like to decide to stop being a child. Yes, according to me, nothing proves that she is not simply other than a (pretty) "child woman". Child woman who find a paternal protective feed back in this situation. We can be agreed in the fact that it's possible that some person win an interest that she stays like this ...

Her beauty is a force, it impressiones until to become blinding, but behind it's hidden some things so much more fragile... Cloud 9 It's maybe time we see it and compose in its sense instead of raging against windmills like DonQuichotte. I can have realized the evolution of ones of us in what our hearts beat more & more strongly making the masks fall. Pigeon, the mask of your diplomatic image is falling low Thumb Up! . But today I'm realizing the passion is blinding and makes us say any violent words. It's normal it can hurt the Lucy's staff and why not Lucy herself cos you know some innocent guys, disturbed by our words, can twitter for explanations to LP and GM... This forum is great for letting our hearts express freely, but it seems official and innocent sides don't understand it and maybe they need mature excuses and explanations for what they read here. I fear the support wich lives in this site is losing a big part of credibility Sad if we don't explain her directly the other side of what is considerated as over-zealed person and speculative fanatics here. I think it will be nice now if we can have a nice feed back from Lucy about the tv.forum communauty. A part of her public heart beats in this site, it's not official but it's the reality. If GM can't understand this, well maybe it would be perhaps possible to pass the message by an other model or a photographer who she works with. I think it would be very low and sad if they don't access at such a request. Sad

I write this post to put something in balance with your feelings and theory. I don't know how much it worths. Big Smile A bit of reading for the evening when it's time to go to sleep. Big Grin Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pigeon
Site Admin


Joined: 13 Jan 2009
Contributions: 6645

Change of management.Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:31 pm    Subject: Change of management. Reply with quote


That deserves a longer reply Smile for the moment, this...

snowflake wrote:
Pigeon, the mask of your diplomatic image is falling low Thumb Up! . But today I'm realizing the passion is blinding and makes us say any violent words.


...spot on Wry

I am indeed finding it increasingly hard to be "diplomatic" and perhaps I ought to apologise to anyone on here who thinks I've come on too strong...

And yes, it is because "the passion is blinding" - or in less poetic language... deep (and justified) worry about the state of Lucy's career and frustration at the arrogant refusal of any "official" elements to even acknowledge the worry, let alone do anything about it.

Especially since the evidence justifying the worry is so overwhelmingly obvious. Because these are the facts - not "speculation", but actual observation of what has happened to Lucy's publication rate...

Before June 2011, Lucy was on average producing about one shoot for publication every three weeks - with full-sized features.

After June 2011, Lucy has been averaging about one shoot for publication every three months - with half-sized features.


Hard fact. Nasty fact. Worrying fact. Very obvious fact, and anyone who doesn't think it's a problem is either a giant moron or brainwashed, because it can't rationally be construed as anything else.

In the case of anyone (like GM) who actively denies it's a problem and tries to make out everything's fine, contrary to all the evidence, stupidity is no longer an adequate explanation - we have to postulate either overwhelming arrogance or just plain malice. It's like Stalin insisting everything's fine while millions of Ukrainian peasants starved.

And what makes it even more worrying is that Lucy herself isn't acknowledging the problem even though she's the one suddenly doing about a quarter of the work she used to get. Which is contrary to all rationality.

I am seriously beginning to worry that she's lost it. That she's cracking up or something. Either that or the NKVD have got to her, which isn't any better. How can anyone sit there with their job collapsing around them and not worry? That just isn't normal Wry

Yet any and every attempt to even get as little as an acknowledgement that people are worried - it's not just me, after all, it's not just people on this site either - is rudely ignored. No response at all. They seem to think that "we know best, you're only smelly fans, so anything you say is automatically worthless" - even when the publication figures so clearly demonstrate that they do not "know best". (And it's the "smelly fans" who ultimately pay their wages...)

I make a fuss because the sudden massive drop in published results makes it dead obvious that Lucy's career is going down the tubes, and I think we can all agree that that is something worth making a fuss about Smile

I make a big massive fuss because those who are in a position to stop Lucy's career going down the tubes are too bloody ignorant and full of themselves to even respond, let alone do anything about it... and it is far too important a point to be ignored.

I'm trying to save Lucy's career here. That's what this is all about.

Maybe it isn't "my job". But the people who are supposed to be doing the job don't give a s**t.


So I have two choices... (1) Make more and more of a fuss until I manage to batter the point through their concrete skulls despite their efforts to ignore it, or (2) sit on my backside and not care about Lucy's potentially glittering future being taken away from her by the very people who are supposed to be promoting her.

And it ain't gonna be (2) because while I might be a Censored I'm not as big a Censored as that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Lucy Pinder
Poggy



Joined: 12 Feb 2009
Contributions: 581

Change of management.Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:44 am    Subject: Change of management. Reply with quote


I've tried to keep out of this.......but....

I think the reason GM deny that there is anything wrong is quite simple really. Instead of them working for the top glamour model in business. They instead have the top glamour model in the business working for them. After all how priceless is it to have Lucy teaching and guiding your new clients along. While you just sit back and rake in the money. As that is what it looks like from the outside.

Take one Miss Stacey Poole. I have nothing against Stacey. I quite like Stacey and hope she has a very good career. But just look how much Stacey is working at the moment compared to Lucy. I know at the moment Stacey's costs might be lower and there is that new feel to Stacey. That people like to use. But you have to remember Lucy is proven. So that could work to your advantage too.

So for me this all comes down to the simple fact GM are grossly at fault here. They just want to use Lucy for their own benefits it looks like from the outside.

I don't think you are been to over baring Pigeon. I know if I was running in the circles still now days I'd be doing the same. After all we have to remember Lucy has had a great career so far. But this shouldn't be the end. Lucy still has loads to offer and if the right people was behind Lucy. Then we would be seeing this happening. Instead we seem to be seeing a decline. All due to lack of promotion and bad choices IMO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pigeon
Site Admin


Joined: 13 Jan 2009
Contributions: 6645

Change of management.Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:18 am    Subject: Change of management. Reply with quote


Poggy wrote:
I've tried to keep out of this.......but....

I think the reason GM deny that there is anything wrong is quite simple really. Instead of them working for the top glamour model in business. They instead have the top glamour model in the business working for them. After all how priceless is it to have Lucy teaching and guiding your new clients along. While you just sit back and rake in the money. As that is what it looks like from the outside.....


Yup. With the way all the new models look up to Lucy... To achieve the same boost by PR or advertising or whatever they'd have to spend a whole lot more than they're losing by not getting their cut from Lucy's work. And they need to lose that cut because if they were still getting Lucy plenty of work they'd not be able to chain her to a desk and she'd be free to leave whenever she felt like it.

Lucy has always had a lack of confidence in her own contribution to her success. Her modesty works against her - she refuses to acknowledge her amazing talent, she keeps putting it down to luck and good fortune when in fact those factors became irrelevant after 3rd August 2003. Lucy, it's not luck, it's you... Cry

Which makes it dead easy for Girl Management to screw her up. All they have to do is repeatedly insinuate that the lack of work is Lucy's fault for being 28, take her out to drinks and parties all the time so she thinks they're friends and trusts the bull they come out with, then offer her the phoney security of a bulls**t desk job - even though sitting at a desk she'll never make a fraction of what she does from modelling, nor have a fraction of the freedom - and bang, there's a heavy-duty chain with one end welded around her neck and the other buried in the foundations of the GM office.

Simply, it makes financial sense for Girl Management to destroy Lucy's career. "Why would they?" - Why wouldn't they? They're a business. Their concern with Lucy is purely how much money they can make out of her. Money is their motivation - not doing the best for Lucy, but making use of Lucy to do the best for themselves. They may be able to pull the wool over Lucy's eyes so she doesn't realise this is what they're like but it doesn't work on people outside their circle; we may not see so much, but what we see is real and not spin and distortion. If they can make more money off Lucy indirectly by making sure she stays around so they get plenty of business from the new models she attracts, rather than directly by the business Lucy herself gets, then that's what they'll do. And if it ruins Lucy's future opportunities so she has to stick at their desk job then so much the better from their point of view.

Poggy wrote:
I don't think you are been to over baring Pigeon. I know if I was running in the circles still now days I'd be doing the same. After all we have to remember Lucy has had a great career so far. But this shouldn't be the end. Lucy still has loads to offer and if the right people was behind Lucy. Then we would be seeing this happening. Instead we seem to be seeing a decline. All due to lack of promotion and bad choices IMO.


Write that bold bit on fifty miles of banner and plant it alongside the Winchester-London railway so Lucy sees it repeated every time she goes to work... Smile

snowflake wrote:
You use yourself about her some kind forms of mood but they are obviously not enough to constituate a person. And you refuse to see or imagine more cos it could put you in trouble. Maybe you are like Lucy, you don't want to see the other face of the medal (I'm not saying it's volontary).


Yes, there is something of a problem in this regard...

As a general principle, I base my own arguments on the axiom that Lucy is not stupid, not self-destructive and not a backstabbing bitch. (Unlike the official site, whose arguments make no sense unless you delete the "not"s.)

I am finding it very upsetting that it is becoming increasingly difficult to hold to that principle.

Lucy's career is going to pot. This can't be denied, because the drastic crash in her publication rate is a fact in everybody's face. And it must surely be in Lucy's face even more than anyone else's because she's the one who's not spending her time in the Nuts studios any more.

Yet she not only doesn't seem to care, she doesn't even seem to notice, and instead of doing something about it she is fawning all over the people who are responsible as if they were some kind of angels instead of some of the worst people she's ever got in with.

This is not normal or rational behaviour for anyone. Nero fiddling while Rome burned comes to mind.

I produce explanations such as what I've posted above in an effort to defend Lucy against the assumption of irrationality or self-destructiveness.

But I must admit I do find it difficult because gnawing inside me is the worry that she is genuinely cracking up. Losing her faculties. It's a horrible thought but I can't avoid the fact that it's a much simpler and less convoluted explanation for all the darkness.

What we really need is a proper explanation and chance to discuss it with Lucy herself...

But even that would need plenty of guarantees so that Lucy could speak freely... We couldn't use twitter or ask her to join this forum or anything like that because other people would be able to see what she wrote and get on her case if she didn't write what they wanted her to. We couldn't meet her at GM for the same sort of reason, it'd be like the Charlie Crocker interview which was rendered worthless by Jen sitting in on it to make sure Lucy didn't say anything like the "thanks to my fans for getting me out" TV quote which Jen deleted from the official forum.

We'd have to be meeting Lucy on her own in a pub or something and swearing blood agreements never to talk about what she said Hehe - I can't see that happening somehow Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Lucy Pinder
snowflake



Joined: 14 Aug 2010
Contributions: 663
Location: France

Change of management.Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:02 pm    Subject: Change of management. Reply with quote


One more time, excuse me to push you in the ropes Wink but, ...
Thank you and congratulations for having taken considerations of the ideas i tried to communicate. Your spirit is large, you are someone who can question yourself and take away the blindness of fanatism. That you prove here is enormous. Can you realize? You can think now about more large panel of eventualities about LP... perhaps some hiden tracks of how (why) all this is working in this sense! Big Smile I'm not saying it's the good track, just it's maybe better not to trust fully in obviousness because obviousness has sometime some no obvious reason. Hehe .

I feel some other fans can have some doubts about what happens to LP ('s career), but please, however the feelings you can read or feel, however the obvious elements it may be, never judge her! If of course she has a big part of her own responsability, well, she's not guilty, nobody can judge of course... It's why it's difficult for me to hear the sentence "it's not her fault". Smile She only tries to survive in this "Staline world", I let you imagine P. all that it can imply, and why not create (or realize) some new links between facts that you already know and ideas as "self-destructive"...

Pigeon wrote:
Lucy, it's not luck, it's you...

Litteraly it's right! Thumb Up! I think since not a long time that luck doesn't exist, everything happens because of us. The word "luck" loose all sense, but the experience of her career has a sense. It's maybe time that conclusions are found now... Smile It's why too it's difficult to judge specially GM: they only have a role wich is created by the whole situation. Maybe we are all agreed to say that GM is the perfect scapegoat. Big Laugh
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
qwertiebertie



Joined: 18 May 2009
Contributions: 239

Change of management.Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:43 pm    Subject: Change of management. Reply with quote


should this be allowed

http://www.chillisauce.co.uk/stag-weekends/manchester/lap-dancing-and-strippers/lap-dancing-guest-list-entry~pr2551/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder All times are GMT
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Lucy Pinder News on Twitter Lucy Pinder TV on Facebook Lucy Pinder herself on Twitter


Powered by phpBB 2.0.23+repack-4 (Debian) © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
phpBB SEO