Lucy Pinder Photo Gallery Lucy Pinder Videos Index Lucy Pinder Television Website on Facebook LucyPinderNews and LPinderOfficial twitter feeds
Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index Facebook button Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum
Lucy Pinder - Pictures, News, Videos - The One-Stop Shop

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister (Problems? See here)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Twitter button Lucy Pinder Videos Index

Change of management.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pigeon
Site Admin

Contributions: 6645

Change of management.Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:52 pm    Subject: Change of management. Reply with quote

It's definitely a fake page... it's American, with an American contact number, its description is lifted from wikipedia a few years back, it quotes a website for Lucy that doesn't exist and it quotes Neon as her management.

Apart from that, though, what you say is all too true and it would be so lovely to be able to start a replacement for this thread... Wink It really hurts to see Lucy not only missing out on modelling assignments that she ought to get, but missing out on them because Girl Management have trapped her into a position where she's the one giving them to other people instead of herself Weep
Pigeon
Site Admin

Change of management.Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:35 pm    Subject: Change of management. Reply with quote

...and talking about fake pages, the one on that adultwork prostitutes-for-hire site is still there... it's been reported to Girl Management some time ago but they still haven't bothered to do anything about it Thumb Down
eazy_g

Contributions: 416

Change of management.Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:08 pm    Subject: Change of management. Reply with quote

Pigeon wrote:
...and talking about fake pages, the one on that adultwork prostitutes-for-hire site is still there... it's been reported to Girl Management some time ago but they still haven't bothered to do anything about it Thumb Down

What is that exactly? Now that's total BS. They should do something about that.
Pigeon
Site Admin

Change of management.Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:27 am    Subject: Change of management. Reply with quote

It's a site listing prostitutes and offering services for people to get in touch with them and arrange a meeting. The very idea of Lucy being on it is insane but nevertheless some complete lunatic has made a fake profile in her name. Thumb Down (Nicked one of my scans for the profile pic too Roll Eyes) I've no idea who that profile would really put you in contact with, I just hope it's some random and not a Lucy lookalike.

It's been reported to GM a while back... it's got their name on it as well as Lucy's, so you'd think they'd be doubly motivated to get it taken down, but I bet they haven't even looked...

Also I'd rather like to know where they're getting some of their pics from...

eazy_g

Change of management.Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:20 am    Subject: Change of management. Reply with quote

Pigeon wrote:
It's a site listing prostitutes and offering services for people to get in touch with them and arrange a meeting. The very idea of Lucy being on it is insane but nevertheless some complete lunatic has made a fake profile in her name. Thumb Down (Nicked one of my scans for the profile pic too Roll Eyes) I've no idea who that profile would really put you in contact with, I just hope it's some random and not a Lucy lookalike.

It's been reported to GM a while back... it's got their name on it as well as Lucy's, so you'd think they'd be doubly motivated to get it taken down, but I bet they haven't even looked...

Wow that's insane!

That goes beyond the level of making fake twitter/facebook/myspace accounts to portray someone.

It's a shame they won't take it down. If you have a link, send it to me and I can try to report it myself to the site, but I can't guarantee they will do anything.
linkweed

Contributions: 1133

Change of management.Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:45 am    Subject: Change of management. Reply with quote

Pigeon wrote:

Wonder where Amii got that Lucy mask? Hehe
Poggy

Contributions: 581

Change of management.Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:04 am    Subject: Change of management. Reply with quote

Pigeon wrote:

Like with most of these sites who do this. They got it off the net somewhere. It's something that can't be 100% blocked Sad
eazy_g

Change of management.Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:06 am    Subject: Change of management. Reply with quote

I'll suggest twitter or another social networking place as to one where they snag those camera quality pictures from. Going through the pics, some of them looked like they came straight from Twitter.
redhawk

Contributions: 276

Change of management.Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:07 am    Subject: Change of management. Reply with quote

Spinning Eyes Spinning Eyes
Pigeon
Site Admin

Change of management.Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:58 pm    Subject: Change of management. Reply with quote

Cross-quoting pogo into this thread as it's a point that probably fits better here Smile

pogo wrote:
Dream shoot for Lucy? Scratch Chin

How about anything that will be published?

Sorry to say it, but I can't help but feel we are witnessing the beginning of the end in terms of Miss Pinder & modelling...

But there's no fundamental reason whatsoever for that to be the case. The reason behind what makes you feel like this is because Girl Management can't be bothered to put the effort in Sad

They are desperate to make sure that Lucy doesn't leave them for a better agency because her name and fame attracts other models to them, and if she left other models would follow her example - as happened to Neon when she left them - and Girl have lost a lot of models anyway in recent months.

But at the same time their work ethic seems to consist of turning up at 11am so hung over that they can't do any work anyway, spending the time drinking in the office or in the pub down the road instead, boasting on twitter about how much they drunk yesterday, how hung over they are now, how much they're going to drink later, and posting videos of them drinking now. (And quite likely the antics they post on twitter are only a small sample of how much they do without tweeting about it.) FFS, are they supposed to be a professional agency or a bunch of lager louts?

So their solution to making sure Lucy doesn't leave while avoiding having to make any effort to get the work for her is to persuade her that what you've just said is indeed the case, to make her think that this bulls**t desk job promoting other models into work that she should by rights be getting for herself is the best she can do. As long as she thinks that she's effectively trapped, because other agencies don't even have "creative directors" - I wonder why? Wink - so she can't just walk into another agency and have them bite her hand off, as she could if it was just the modelling.

To achieve this they play on Lucy's naive trust that "professionals" know better than she does - when, outside regulated professions like medicine and law, a "professional" is mostly just someone who's good at blagging people that they know better. (Like the "professional" garage mechanics who tell people they need new brake discs for the MoT when in reality the discs have years of life left.) And they invite Lucy along to their drinking expeditions to make her think they are actual friends who, being friends, wouldn't lie to her. So she trusts their judgement and is ready to believe the crap they feed her.

Their only real interest in Lucy is, of course, how much money they can make off her. And they can make more money by exploiting her name to keep up the numbers of models they have on their books than they can out of working for one individual model, even if that model is Lucy.

So we see the results that you and not a few others have noticed... the last thing of any significance that Lucy did was the Lynx work, and since then she's done more or less nothing except have her name used to promote GM's new models in Nuts.

(In fact Lynx is a stark example. After Lucy's amazing production for them you'd think she'd be the star of a lot more promotional work for them. Whereas what has actually happened is that for subsequent Lynx promotions they have given them what seems like pretty well every other model they have except Lucy. What in the name of a barrel of rotting fish guts are Girl Management playing at?)

There's no reason at all for Lucy's modelling career to fade apart from Girl Management's lazy, unprofessional and exploitative treatment of her. It's high time - it's more than high time, they've had two years to get going with her and all they've done is do worse - they pulled their finger out and started working for her instead of making her work for them while they sit around getting p**sed. And, frankly, they jolly well better had, otherwise the people who genuinely do care about Lucy's modelling success - her millions of fans - will know the reason why.

pogo wrote:
Think it's time she concentrated on her ambition for TV/Movies. Although as things stand at the moment in terms of management & publicity any career change will likely go largely unnoticed Shrug

As indeed she said in the mobile blog that she wants to do more TV and film work this year. But this again depends on Girl Management pulling their finger out and getting it for her... And also she needs to keep her presence up in the meantime. Which means doing rather more than promoting newcomers in Nuts. Two recent examples that spring to mind are international lingerie assignments, and the WRC tour... Both of those Lucy would be ideal for and especially the lingerie dos would have been most valuable for her. But there wasn't a whisper of a possibility of her doing them and her only possible involvement was in helping GM give the work that she should have had herself to other people.
snowflake

Contributions: 663

Change of management.Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:16 pm    Subject: Change of management. Reply with quote

Pigeon wrote:

But there's no fundamental reason whatsoever for that to be the case. The reason behind what makes you feel like this is because Girl Management can't be bothered to put the effort in Sad

I think it's too early and to easy for throwing the stone to GM.
you know i understand the principles you want to defend Smile but maybe you don't see what is fundamental. This could be something non commercial or material. This could happen in the interest of Lucy Pinder and not in the interest of her career. Everybody think it's the same thing, perhpas it was at the beginning, but now, everybody can admit we are only allowed to see the image of LP and not anymore herself! Wry
For myself i will wait for 2 or 3 months for concluing something.

Creative director means nothing, it's an honorary title but it could be usefull and constructive for her if it permits to be less and less confused with her image of model. Of course it's not the ideal, but why not. The problem is that nobody can mesure the value of this job. In fact it would be better if she does something totally out of the glamour buisness.
Smile
Pigeon
Site Admin

Change of management.Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:15 am    Subject: Change of management. Reply with quote

snowflake wrote:
I think it's too early and to easy for throwing the stone to GM.

Oh, I don't agree...

"Too early", no... Lucy's been with them two years now and still the flowering of her career that everyone was hoping for has not happened. Instead, things stayed pretty much the same until around June 2011, and since then they've been on the slide for eight months. I think that either "two years without result" or "eight months of decline" is plenty of time to conclude they're not pulling their weight... Especially where someone as popular as Lucy is concerned.

"Too easy", again, no... Lucy's career progression is after all GM's responsibility, and finding work for her is their job... if she's not getting the work it can only be their fault Smile

snowflake wrote:
For myself i will wait for 2 or 3 months for concluing something.

If they do start to buck their ideas up then it probably would take that sort of time for it to become properly apparent, yes... but I would hope there would be some less obvious signs and traces of things happening before that Smile

snowflake wrote:
you know i understand the principles you want to defend Smile but maybe you don't see what is fundamental. This could be something non commercial or material. This could happen in the interest of Lucy Pinder and not in the interest of her career. Everybody think it's the same thing, perhpas it was at the beginning, but now, everybody can admit we are only allowed to see the image of LP and not anymore herself! Wry

Well a lot of what we have to go on is what Lucy herself says she wants... which is to do more modelling, and more TV and acting work. I'm pretty sure nobody tried to censor her in that statement Smile But the way things are her chances of being able to do what she says she wants don't look all that rosy...

snowflake wrote:
Creative director means nothing, it's an honorary title but it could be usefull and constructive for her if it permits to be less and less confused with her image of model. Of course it's not the ideal, but why not. The problem is that nobody can mesure the value of this job. In fact it would be better if she does something totally out of the glamour buisness.
Smile

Oh, that I can't agree with... that would be many times more a waste of her talent than driving a desk at GM. She's achieved the status of top glamour model in the country by a very long way, despite being mismanaged for most of her career, because she is so amazingly good at it Big Smile

Whereas in other fields she has neither experience nor qualifications. If she did something totally out of the glamour business she'd be doing the same sort of putting-things-in-filing-cabinets job that a school-leaver would have to be content with, only she's ten years older than a school-leaver. She'd be doing crap jobs for the rest of her life if she went down that road.

And more importantly, she would lose nearly all her freedom. The limitations on her freedom which exist at the moment would continue to operate, albeit in a different flavour, we just wouldn't get to find out about it. And she would be subject to all the restrictions and slavery that goes with any "normal" job - and even more so due to starting from scratch ten years older than people normally start from scratch.

The glamour/entertainment industry is a very rare example of something which can provide both enjoyable work and a heck of a lot of personal freedom. Sure it has its faults, but so does everything, and most things have a whole lot more of them. Maybe one in a million people enjoy as cushy a billet as Lucy, and it would be truly tragic for Lucy to lose that privileged position Smile

(Of course, we do know that as well as being amazingly good at modelling she is amazingly good as an artist... Trouble is, being an artist generally means you have to do a "normal" job as well to put the food on the table and the roof over your head...)
snowflake

Contributions: 663

Change of management.Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:19 am    Subject: Change of management. Reply with quote

Pigeon wrote:

"Too early", no... Lucy's been with them two years now and still the flowering of her career that everyone was hoping for has not happened. Instead, things stayed pretty much the same until around June 2011, and since then they've been on the slide for eight months. I think that either "two years without result" or "eight months of decline" is plenty of time to conclude they're not pulling their weight... Especially where someone as popular as Lucy is concerned.
"Too easy", again, no... Lucy's career progression is after all GM's responsibility, and finding work for her is their job... if she's not getting the work it can only be their fault Smile

Headache Big Smile You refuse to put a pound of responsability on Lucy's back whereas she's adult. She accepts to be the puppet of glamour buisness or maybe she's not aware of how she's managed. But in all cases, she's responsable of her own career (at least for a part).

Pigeon wrote:

Well a lot of what we have to go on is what Lucy herself says she wants... which is to do more modelling, and more TV and acting work. I'm pretty sure nobody tried to censor her in that statement Smile But the way things are her chances of being able to do what she says she wants don't look all that rosy...

To censor of course not! It corresponds perfectly at her image. How can you know what she says is not under the influence of the image for wich one she's conditionned?

Pigeon wrote:
Oh, that I can't agree with... that would be many times more a waste of her talent than driving a desk at GM. She's achieved the status of top glamour model in the country by a very long way, despite being mismanaged for most of her career, because she is so amazingly good at it Big Smile
Whereas in other fields she has neither experience nor qualifications. If she did something totally out of the glamour business she'd be doing the same sort of putting-things-in-filing-cabinets job that a school-leaver would have to be content with, only she's ten years older than a school-leaver. She'd be doing crap jobs for the rest of her life if she went down that road.
I hope you can speak about with full knowledges of the facts. Hehe It's sure you desire she stays in her glamour world, but i'm no sure it's really for her.

Pigeon wrote:
And more importantly, she would lose nearly all her freedom. The limitations on her freedom which exist at the moment would continue to operate, albeit in a different flavour, we just wouldn't get to find out about it. And she would be subject to all the restrictions and slavery that goes with any "normal" job - and even more so due to starting from scratch ten years older than people normally start from scratch.

It's interessant to see we don't have the same notion of freedom. Do you talk about a material freedom? Do you have too in England this proverb: money doesn't make the happyness? Roll Eyes

Pigeon wrote:
The glamour/entertainment industry is a very rare example of something which can provide both enjoyable work and a heck of a lot of personal freedom. Sure it has its faults, but so does everything, and most things have a whole lot more of them. Maybe one in a million people enjoy as cushy a billet as Lucy, and it would be truly tragic for Lucy to lose that privileged posittion Smile

I'm not sure you put all the weights in the balance Pigeon! Can you understand what means "to be a model"? It's enormous how much can be the insidious constraints wich can weight on the individuality on a person! I speak about internal freedom and wealth, whereas you only see what is material. The one brings the other, but it works only in one sense... Wink

Pigeon wrote:
(Of course, we do know that as well as being amazingly good at modelling she is amazingly good as an artist... Trouble is, being an artist generally means you have to do a "normal" job as well to put the food on the table and the roof over your head...)

Right! It recalls to me the first movie of Catherine Zetha-Jones: Les mille-et-une nuits (The thousands nights and a night). The king of Bagdad was waiting on the beach the return of his wife, the princess Sheherazade. A day she exited from the sea quasi naked and offered him to quit his boring wealth and castle for living the artist life, with efforts but emotions... Roll Eyes
Pigeon
Site Admin

Change of management.Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:34 am    Subject: Change of management. Reply with quote

snowflake wrote:
Headache Big Smile You refuse to put a pound of responsability on Lucy's back whereas she's adult. She accepts to be the puppet of glamour buisness or maybe she's not aware of how she's managed. But in all cases, she's responsable of her own career (at least for a part).

I refuse to put a pound of responsibility for self-destructive behaviour on Lucy's back Wink I don't blame Lucy for sticking with GM when they are failing to do their best for her, because I think she's got more between the ears than that Smile I blame GM for taking advantage of her overly-trusting nature and her long-standing unwillingness to acknowledge the extent of her own talent to feed her wrong information which makes her think they are doing their best and the reason she's not doing any better is she can't. Garbage in, garbage out, as we say in the computing world...

snowflake wrote:
It's enormous how much can be the insidious constraints wich can weight on the individuality on a person!

Oh for sure. But as I said that's a problem which Lucy will have whether she is a model or not... if she wasn't a model, we of course wouldn't know about it, but it would still be happening. Indeed it might quite well be happening worse because the lack of publicity would make life easier for the perpetrators (and also Lucy would not have the support of her fans, though admittedly that doesn't count for much).

snowflake wrote:
It's interessant to see we don't have the same notion of freedom. Do you talk about a material freedom? Do you have too in England this proverb: money doesn't make the happyness? Roll Eyes ... I speak about internal freedom and wealth, whereas you only see what is material. The one brings the other, but it works only in one sense... Wink

Oh, no, I'm speaking about internal freedom and wealth too Big Smile We do indeed have that proverb... and you'll notice I haven't mentioned money at all Smile

What is far more valuable than money is time Smile But the vast majority of jobs don't give you time. Instead, they take time away from you - not only the time you spend working, but the time you spend travelling to and from work, the time you spend relaxing to dispel your tiredness from work, the time you have to spend doing all the various life-maintenance chores - all that has to be got out of the way before you have any time which you can call your own. All you have left to yourself is three or four hours in between doing your chores after getting in from work, and having to go to bed ready to do it all again the next day.

Nor are you rewarded for success by being given more time. You are rewarded only with more money - and most likely you have even more time taken from you... Not much of a bargain really...

There are only two ways you can get time. One is to have no job at all Smile The other is to have one of the very, very rare jobs that does not take it all away from you. And that's what Lucy has Big Smile That's what I mean by her incredibly privileged position. That's the really important thing that she can retain by staying in the glamour/entertainment industry but that she will lose if she does anything else.

Of course she also has plenty of money... This means that she has more freedom to enjoy the time as she can choose to do expensive things as well as cheap ones. It may also mean that she will eventually be able to invest enough to get a good income off her investments so she won't need to have a job.

It's Lucy's time and freedom that are the important things... That's why I want her to continue modelling/acting etc. (It's also why I get so mad at people who limit her freedom by messing her head up.)
Poggy

Contributions: 581

Change of management.Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:01 am    Subject: Change of management. Reply with quote

I have had a thought on this. What if this is what Lucy wants to do. I mean has Lucy said that TV and movies are still the way she wants to go after modelling. Maybe, just maybe Lucy now wants to be a mentor to up and coming models. Giving advice and selecting models for such as GM. So that raises the question then.....Is it GM steering Lucy or Lucy steering GM?

Personally as I've said. I think Lucy is wasting a great chance of a real swan song to the what we must admit is the last few years of her modelling career. Because I know for sure that there are people out there wanting to still work with Lucy but just can't for various reasons. One of which is as we all know. In the current climate is cost.

So if I was in a position of advising Lucy I'd say this to Lucy.....

Lucy stop and think here. Why not do a few more years really working in front of the camera for all these companies that want to work with you. Then after that if you still want to work in TV or movies we'll work towards them avenues on the strength of that or at the same time. Because as they say....Been seen is the most important part of the entertainment business. But if it is a case of you wanting to go into guiding and spotting new modelling talent. Then fine. We will get everything in place with such as GM for you to do this. But for the moment to really work on modelling for yourself more than others.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder All times are GMT

Jump to: