Lucy Pinder Photo Gallery Lucy Pinder Videos Index Lucy Pinder Television Website on Facebook LucyPinderNews and LPinderOfficial twitter feeds
Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index Facebook button Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum
Lucy Pinder - Pictures, News, Videos - The One-Stop Shop

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister (Problems? See here)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Twitter button Lucy Pinder Videos Index

Challenge time!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pogo

Contributions: 361

Challenge time!Posted: Tue May 29, 2012 11:41 pm    Subject: Challenge time! Reply with quote

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Pigeon
Site Admin

Contributions: 6645

Challenge time!Posted: Wed May 30, 2012 1:49 am    Subject: Challenge time! Reply with quote

I do think you're overreacting... not because of any lack of compassion on my part, but for two other reasons...

One is because I pointed out at the time that the quote in Nuts was editorialised to the point of having minimal correspondence with reality, and quoted a few counterexamples of Lucy raising money for human-oriented charities, but this didn't register...

The other is because I also said at the time that my own views ran along the same lines as the quote (as did a few other people) but you didn't have a go at me for it, you only had a go at Lucy.

So I think you're being unfair to Lucy on both counts.

Better to have a go at Nuts instead, for so badly misrepresenting her views and thereby inducing you (and no doubt others) to have a go at her for something which isn't actually the case... Wink

As far as Lucy is concerned, regardless of what it says in Nuts there are numerous examples to show that she does not support only animal charities... let me pick just one:

Lucy's butterfly painting... which she painted herself to raise money for Keech Hospice, and brought them over 400 with it Big Smile

The connection with Keech Hospice is through this lad...

...who was cared for there, and who died of leukaemia not long after that photo was taken. (K, if you read this, I hope you don't mind me posting it.)

There are plenty of other examples of Lucy raising money for human-oriented charities, but this is perhaps one of the most relevant.

As far as my own views on the matter are concerned, since this forum does not suffer from twitter's disadvantage of that stupid 140-character limit... I agree "as far as it goes". Which isn't very far. "As far as it goes" means "as far as the reality goes", not the mangling-to-the-point-of-unrecognisability of reality which Nuts printed. The reality is "a preference for giving to animal charities over human ones". Neither Lucy nor I are opposed to supporting human-based charities, never mind what distortions appear in Nuts.

In my case this is due to prioritising the alleviation of harm caused by deliberate acts over alleviation of things which arise by chance, from a kind of collectivised guilt at being a member of a species which inflicts so much deliberate harm on others. This makes me feel a need to compensate. I also think research on cancer and other diseases should be funded by the government - they should spend the money on that instead of embarking on stupid wars to kiss other countries' bottoms, and Olympics, and employing vast numbers of people to administrate grossly overcomplicated systems instead of eliminating the complication and removing the need for so much administration, and all the other dumb things they waste money on (regardless of which party is in power).

And this too is just a preference - I don't refuse to support human charities any more than Lucy does. (Though I am more likely to give money to a homeless person in the street than to an organised charity. Or to give it to a Big Issue seller while refusing to take a copy of the paper Smile)
pogo

Challenge time!Posted: Wed May 30, 2012 1:29 pm    Subject: Challenge time! Reply with quote

Pigeon
Site Admin

Contributions: 6645

Challenge time!Posted: Wed May 30, 2012 4:05 pm    Subject: Challenge time! Reply with quote

pogo wrote:
The blame Nuts argument! A.... A.... A.... CHOO! Sorry, that's just my allergy playing up. Turns out I'm allergic to bulls**t!

No - the "actions speak louder than words" argument. Wink This has baffled me ever since your first post on the matter - why you are giving six throwaway words in Nuts priority over all the things that Lucy has done for charity, for which there is documented evidence, photographs, and even physical objects. We know Lucy's done a lot of fundraising for human charities. Several of us have bid on ebay for her artwork - eg. the above butterfly painting and her teapot. Lucy's charity work is an established fact. If you're allergic to bulls**t it's Nuts that ought to be triggering your allergy... Wink

pogo wrote:
And what happened to free speech? I've noticed my comments being altered because they don't suit the opinions of others...

Not by me you haven't. You came on last night and blanked a bunch of your posts and replaced them with "404" - which spoils the forum for others and is in any case pointless in many cases where other people have quoted your posts. So I restored the blanked posts from the backups. That's all. I didn't alter them in any way, your comments are still what you originally wrote.
snowflake

Contributions: 663

Challenge time!Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:44 pm    Subject: Challenge time! Reply with quote

Pogo, your reaction is normal, especially if you are personnally concerned. Wink How i said in the Nuts'thread, there's nothing to judge. Perhaps Nuts transformed quite simply the reality, or she just made a kind of slip. And it's normal when we are touched, we react, perhaps in your case the emotion and the way of expression is amplificated until an uncontroled level (not as much it was for Dionysus). Wink

I submited this problem in the official forum. Only 2 other members reacted and nobody of the staff. It's like there's no heart in this website. They speak about charity sometimes (animals, cancer,...) but it sounds really like just a 2D image for doing well for Lucy's (commercial) world. Even Jen didn't react. Wry But she is specialized in silence about uncomfortable subjects like we already can have seen it. But there too, she's surely not able to hear such a remark... Roll Eyes

The fact that people could be disgusted of human charities pass above all by the fact they can't stand all the harm they can see in it. The same kind of harm (evil) there's inside themselves... Generally these persons turn to animals cos these are perfect receptacles for affective compensations. People who give for human charities and other charities, give in compensation of what they don't do for themselves. (personnal but realistic conclusion)

My brother had a lymphoma, 2 years ago whereas he was careful to a healthy lifestyle. I knew something will happen and i forced myself to be at his sides for fighting against an invisible evil. But things had to happen and i could have died with him... My power was too small and this trial showed us our lacks but our force to survive. He's still alive and for a long time i hope. Scientifics means are thank but psychosomatic reasons have been revealed obvious for himself like for me with a reflection a posteriori. So nor him neither me give for cancer research. I think it's not the will to help and the money for research wich will make save the people. There are links wich strangle us very soon in our life, and society (and governement) doesn't go in the sense to abolish them, but rather on the contrary because it's more easy to sell press like Nuts, to sell new addictions like cellulars, chemicals, video games, football matches, to make the people works more for making other earning more money, make people work in such politics systems, etc... all this is good for GDP! Sad It's not necessary to make people become more intelligent about themselves and how they are manipulated.

About me, people who think human charities are less worthy than animals one, or the contrary, are victims. The ones who think that giving money, research scientific solutions are the ones who always swim at the surface, never see under. We can't judge, just try to understand without hatred, and think at itself. Shrug

Nuts just quoted that Lucy don't give money for human charities but like you said Pigeon, she already participated at them by other ways. Plus, don't forget she gift money to her friend who ran at the London marathon, raising money for cancer reseach.
She certainly made a slip (lapsus), it's why i hope she received an echo of this, making her reflect about why she said that this way... Closed spirits would disregard it so easily, i hope not Lucy... Wry I reckon that she's very innocent in a lot of fields and that permits all we can around her as negative over-protectivism, enclosed protective world, etc,... all she expresses so naturally like artwork, slips, shows that she doesn't have the force or the means for making the things differently, however she aspires to evolve... It's why i would like she expresses more... Roll Eyes

Now pogo, you lived this ordeal, and so you behave around you by denouncing the indifference about this when there is, like Pigeon denounces manipulations. You say you are still alive "for now"... so do you think that you settled nothing yet?
You feel helplessly and it's normal too, but don't feel never guilty for this. Each people has to fight their own dragon by themselves, however it serves to nothing for wanting help them where only them can. I tried to protect my brother for not meeting his dragon, and when my forces became very low, i met mine. The illness like yours is the ultimate alarm before the dragon. If you survive to it, the fight just begin. If you don't fight, the illness will come back again. Just continue and search about your own problem, and you will help the others by viewing in you some windows or lights like you doing now by reacting to this Lucy's sentence. Yes

I hope you are not allergic at what i said. Hehe

(Nothing scientific, all is about my personnal experience)
pogo

Challenge time!Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:38 pm    Subject: Challenge time! Reply with quote

tford

Contributions: 364

Challenge time!Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:07 pm    Subject: Challenge time! Reply with quote

Well that was jolly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT

Jump to: