Lucy Pinder Photo Gallery Lucy Pinder Videos Index Lucy Pinder Television Website on Facebook LucyPinderNews and LPinderOfficial twitter feeds
Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index Facebook button Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum
Lucy Pinder - Pictures, News, Videos - The One-Stop Shop

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister (Problems? See here)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Twitter button Lucy Pinder Videos Index

Can we get a Lucy Album?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SledgeHammer

Contributions: 702

Can we get a Lucy Album?Posted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:23 am    Subject: Can we get a Lucy Album? Reply with quote

Hey,
I recently seen on the Lindsey Strutt forum they have as Lindsey Album.
Basically what this is, is a collection of images of one of her sets, that link to the topic in which these pics are placed.
If others like the idea, I'm sure we could get it here, it'd be great to quickly find a specific Lucy pic/set.
If you wanna see the example, here!
http://thestrutter.xooit.com/index.php
Pigeon
Site Admin

Contributions: 6640

Can we get a Lucy Album?Posted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:22 am    Subject: Can we get a Lucy Album? Reply with quote

Some method of making it easier to find the pics is under consideration, but I haven't worked out how best to do it yet. A direct copy of what you linked to wouldn't work on here because our content is nothing like so indexable. Given the huge and increasing number of pics on here, the fact that only a minority of them form cohesive "sets", the point that it has to cope automatically with random people posting random pictures, the need to provide some measure of protection against bots and content scrapers while keeping it friendly for both search engines (ie. legitimate bots) and users, and that I haven't come up with any useful way of indexing my own collection yet Hehe it's quite a problem...
SledgeHammer

Can we get a Lucy Album?Posted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:33 am    Subject: Can we get a Lucy Album? Reply with quote

Don't worry bout it.
It twas only a suggestion to see who'd bite.
Pigeon
Site Admin

Can we get a Lucy Album?Posted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:36 am    Subject: Can we get a Lucy Album? Reply with quote

Oh, I bit before you cast the hook Hehe it's something that's been on my mind for some time... I did even experiment with a gallery integration for the forum at one point but it was really pretty hopeless, way overcomplicated both at user and admin level and still didn't really do the job. Whatever it ends up being I'll have to write it myself and I'll have to get a firm idea how to make it work before I start Smile
SledgeHammer

Can we get a Lucy Album?Posted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:39 am    Subject: Can we get a Lucy Album? Reply with quote

Ohh defiantely just let some users (or just one) handle it.
If everyone on the forum was adding and editing, it'd get awful messy awful fast.
Pigeon
Site Admin

Can we get a Lucy Album?Posted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:51 am    Subject: Can we get a Lucy Album? Reply with quote

Just one... that'd be me then Smile

Thing is the total collection of pics that have already been uploaded is awful messy, with so many of them being in ones and twos and threes from all sorts of origins. And new uploads are likely to be the same. Whatever I do needs to be able to handle that, that's a big reason why it's not easy to work out how...
SledgeHammer

Can we get a Lucy Album?Posted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:59 am    Subject: Can we get a Lucy Album? Reply with quote

Well we could try doing Nuts only but from a certain date.
See how it works out, and maybe when enough time has passed do the rest.

Or maybe just have a "Nuts" folder and a "Randoms" folder.
Wink
Random_dude365

Contributions: 324

Can we get a Lucy Album?Posted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:35 pm    Subject: Can we get a Lucy Album? Reply with quote

SledgeHammer wrote:
Or maybe just have a "Nuts" folder and a "Randoms" folder.Wink

random's folder. A whole folder dedicated to me. I tell you what lads, I'm buzzing. Big Smile
pogo

Contributions: 361

Can we get a Lucy Album?Posted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:27 pm    Subject: Can we get a Lucy Album? Reply with quote

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
SledgeHammer

Can we get a Lucy Album?Posted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:58 pm    Subject: Can we get a Lucy Album? Reply with quote

I like your Idea Pogo,
But just keep in mind, this is just an idea I'm suggesting.
But I still love your theory.
Pigeon
Site Admin

Can we get a Lucy Album?Posted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:10 am    Subject: Can we get a Lucy Album? Reply with quote

pogo wrote:
The logistics behind what Sledgehammer is suggesting, while in theory sound good, are mind numbing! Spinning Eyes

I think I would prefer things as they are, the current method for posting pictures encourages users to work around the forums and if you read through them, you can find previously undiscovered pics, as well as learning more about Lucy and other peoples views and opinions along with links to other sites containing Lucy related stuff.

That's exactly what I'd be trying to preserve - the "encourages users to work around the forums" bit and resultant benefits. I'm trying to think of some way of combining that with a way round the problems such as when you know there's a particular pic on here somewhere but can't remember where it is. I certainly wouldn't be changing the method of posting images as part of normal forum posts, that would ruin the place - just trying to make those posts more readily searchable, on top of what we have already.
SledgeHammer

Can we get a Lucy Album?Posted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:40 am    Subject: Can we get a Lucy Album? Reply with quote

Maybe it's just too late for an album.
This forums must be over a year old, there's hundreds of pics.
If perhaps the idea had come about at the beginning, it would've been easier.
Maybe that's why it's easier on the link I had previsouly posted.
patriot

Contributions: 739

Can we get a Lucy Album?Posted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:53 am    Subject: Can we get a Lucy Album? Reply with quote

my archive is building here http://www.lucy-pinder.tv/forum/my-collection-on-imageshack-t256.html
SledgeHammer

Can we get a Lucy Album?Posted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:40 pm    Subject: Can we get a Lucy Album? Reply with quote

Hey @patriot just wondering, are you the same patriot from the lindsey forum I posted about earlier?K
patriot

Contributions: 739

Can we get a Lucy Album?Posted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:59 am    Subject: Can we get a Lucy Album? Reply with quote

SledgeHammer wrote:
Hey @patriot just wondering, are you the same patriot from the lindsey forum I posted about earlier?K

Guilty as charged
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder All times are GMT

Jump to: