Lucy Pinder Photo Gallery Lucy Pinder Videos Index Lucy Pinder Television Website on Facebook LucyPinderNews and LPinderOfficial twitter feeds
Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index Facebook button Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum
Lucy Pinder - Pictures, News, Videos - The One-Stop Shop

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister (Problems? See here)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Twitter button Lucy Pinder Videos Index

Anyone here sent away a pic/poster to Lucy to get signed?
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pigeon
Site Admin

Contributions: 6645

Anyone here sent away a pic/poster to Lucy to get signed?Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:58 pm    Subject: Anyone here sent away a pic/poster to Lucy to get signed? Reply with quote

I know that word has that meaning in Italian, but does that carry over to Gaelic? I found "cake" in an online dictionary...
Pigeon
Site Admin

Contributions: 6645

Anyone here sent away a pic/poster to Lucy to get signed?Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:35 pm    Subject: Anyone here sent away a pic/poster to Lucy to get signed? Reply with quote

I cheated Big Grin

Helpful person wrote:
Your (or someone's) spelling is out. It should be:

"Is maith liom an Lucy Pinder Agus an cácaí milse"

It means:

"I like Lucy Pinder and the pastries."

However someone is trying to be clever (with a language they do not know) and say (in the second half) 'sweet s**tes'. The problem is they are not an Irish speaker and have no idea about nominative plural nouns, let alone genitive plural adjectives!

And sweet s**tes would be: 'cacanna milse'
Random_dude365

Contributions: 324

Anyone here sent away a pic/poster to Lucy to get signed?Posted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:06 am    Subject: Anyone here sent away a pic/poster to Lucy to get signed? Reply with quote

You got it right the first time I like Lucy and cake. It was in an advertisement without the lucy part.

I'm in the higher level class and we all only know basic words as Irish is probally the hardest language to learn
Grendel

Contributions: 288

Anyone here sent away a pic/poster to Lucy to get signed?Posted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:53 pm    Subject: Anyone here sent away a pic/poster to Lucy to get signed? Reply with quote

Try Basque (Euskara) some time.
fan101

Contributions: 390

Anyone here sent away a pic/poster to Lucy to get signed?Posted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:39 pm    Subject: Anyone here sent away a pic/poster to Lucy to get signed? Reply with quote

pogo wrote:

Just ran that through an online Latin to English translator and come up with a Monty Python Life Of Brian style translation:

Lucy pulchrissima woman upon to clean is

So still none the wiser! Hehe

i learned curse words in greman that way Thumb Up! Thumb Up!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lucy Pinder Television Website Forum Index -> Lucy Pinder All times are GMT

Jump to: